Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

I'm sure there are some modders working on Afghanistan maps so im hoping for the following addons so I can create a conversion and a realistic campaign:

British paras in desert camo (3 para)

British regular army in desert camo (Royal Artillery, Irish Guards etc..)

SAS in desert camo

WMIK land rovers

Other British land vehicles (pingauzer, Jackal, warrior, trucks)

Chinook (RAF desert camo)

Apache

Tornado (not sure they are currently deployed)

SA80 rifle and all variants

GPMG

L118 (105mm artillery)

US Desert troops (10th Mountain)

USMC desert camo

A10 - desert camo

Delta force

ANA (Afgan national army)

ANP (Afgan national police)

Taliban troops (would need a large number of various outfits and loadouts mainly AK47, PKM, RPG's), dishdash's, headwear turbans etc...

I know this is a big list and I know there are a few of these projects underway but this is what I would need to create a realistic and immersive campaign.

The idea is to recreate a tour of duty with some of the more notorious battles taking place as part of the camapaign but as with real life the player won't know when. I envisage the player taking on a number of roles from foot patrol and patrolling in WMIK to cordon and search operations to full scale assaults and holding actions. Players would be able to call in air support, artillery, medi vac or casevac, but would be faced with the same problems the real soldiers are dealing with i.e. limited resources, not having constant air/artillery support, hostile terrain and a determined and resourceful enemy.

Regardless of your opinion of the war in Afghanistan our troops are out there right now fighting for their lives in extreme conditions, if I can bring home some of these realities even in a small way I hope it will help us better understand the difficulties of the task they face. :(

If anyone would like to help with this project....please send me a pm

this is more appropriate in the addons request thread, which can be found here. It's stickied, so I don't know how you missed it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74039

In game demo of my Cheytac :)

Gnat;1433299']Yeh' date=' your talking about one of the few things thats annoying me about this model (apart from low poly, but I'm not about to attack that) is the normals.

I'm doing it with crazybump, but the real problem is the size of the Normal Texture map file vs the size of the bomber! LOL

Its likely I'll either drop the normal map or upsize dimensions so it doesnt look so "thick".

[/quote']

Why not make more then one texture for the main body?

Edited by USSRsniper

In game demo of my Cheytac :)

Why not make more then one texture for the main body?

Bit hard to judge the model from the movie.

Maybe it is me, but i find the color of the weapon a bit too yellow. Might be me, but i prefure more a dark earth tan color (if not mistaken the sight looked more tan then the weapon itself).

Again maybe due to settings and movie quality, but imho the weapon could use some extra small detail like a soft bump effect on the normal map. I know the weapon is supposed to the baby bud flat, but still...At least some more ambient and dirt might give it that small extra.

Please post some pics of the model in bulldozer. As you know, i had interest in the model and still do ;).

Please don't break the forum rules mate.

§5 and §16 in your case...

Find an other topic to raise your postcount, thank you.

Back to topic..WIP related things that is.

Check the sig ;)

Car handling improvements.

Script at the moment, but will integrate with addons possibly in future.

first picture of my first model :D

a pilatus PC-9M

this is very early WIP and most likely by the time you see this id have changed alot :)

pc9.jpg

Bit hard to judge the model from the movie.

Maybe it is me, but i find the color of the weapon a bit too yellow. Might be me, but i prefure more a dark earth tan color (if not mistaken the sight looked more tan then the weapon itself).

Again maybe due to settings and movie quality, but imho the weapon could use some extra small detail like a soft bump effect on the normal map. I know the weapon is supposed to the baby bud flat, but still...At least some more ambient and dirt might give it that small extra.

Please post some pics of the model in bulldozer. As you know, i had interest in the model and still do ;).

Strange though I posted the image but couldn't find the post :eek: Look's like didn't press submit button....

But here it is, http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3908/buldozer2009.jpg

Texture used on the model are 1024 x 1024

Very nice weapons i see. :) USSRsniper's and Dasquade's. Superb!

BTW is there some value you change for silent weapons? I never feel really silent in ARMA tbh. Maybe can be tweaked more somehow?

Very nice weapons i see. :) USSRsniper's and Dasquade's. Superb!

BTW is there some value you change for silent weapons? I never feel really silent in ARMA tbh. Maybe can be tweaked more somehow?

Don't think that Cheytac M200 is really silent... It has silencer but still uses regular ammunition, not subsonic ammunition.

in most cases its only a supressor so you dont get such a loud noise.

Nost important is that its lot harder to detect where a shot fired with a supressor came from.

USSRsniper:

Yeah hehe wasnt really meaning your rifle you showed here (thaught of an older one i think...), But like DaSquades.

But question is if you shoot with a silent sniper rifle in ARMA2 now - will the AI know where you are after you drop the first guy? Since we have no silent weapons its hard to test for me. I guess thats what i wated to ask in the first place.

Wont clutt your thread anymore. :) Sorry.

USSRsniper:

Yeah hehe wasnt really meaning your rifle you showed here (thaught of an older one i think...), But like DaSquades.

Well it still relates to all silenced sniper rifles... In ArmA 2 for example even VSS Vintorez with subsonic ammo makes no difference, AI still detects you right away. It's the game engine related not the config of the weapon.

never mind the amount of roadwork that is needed to go along with it.:rolleyes:

But the object placement is coming along nicely

something i am working at..

verry early wip tho..

still needa a bit work before i realy start texturing it.

anyone that has been in the norwegian navy should know this strait away :)

i hope that i'll get it ingame someday. and maybe do some sea battles with it.

the gun is a Oto Melara 76mm Super Rapid kanon.. awesome gun btw :)

it will also have 8 NSM missiles. along with a couple of Mistral "AA Missiles".

missle bays are hidden on the back part of the ship..

earlywip1.th.jpg

Nuxil, that looks nice so far. I don't know the name of it, but I've seen pictures of it and it's a pretty sweet looker--especially the camo pattern that they put on it. :D

just something i working on:

file.php?id=162

Edited by R0adki11

South Osettia! Awesome! Keep up the great work man. Hope to see that released!

Looking very good Schnapsdrosel.

Breaking my own rule here :p ...but can i suggest some DEA FAST team members (check out milpic.net forum or youtube, some good footage of them). Highspeed kitlist, i was very supprised.