Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

That is pure awesomeness sgt. ace, can't wait to see my all-time favorite island in A2 :)

I see some guys have the sample models to make island....before all the community no?

where is the problem? @floosy: use arma 1.03 and offical a2 toolsuit. There was never a need for sample models to build islands...... even with a1 toolsuite :)

Edited by Atsche

Awesome SgtAce. Can't wait to play on Everon in ArmA II. :D

SgtAce... I.. I'm speachless.. it's just so.. beautiful.

It will not be the identical old ofp Everon.

There will be a lot changes and il try to get a more dirty used environment. Last infos from my side till release.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97GIA-pgeRA&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97GIA-pgeRA&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PS: If someone like to help me with betatesting feel free to contact me @ dev heaven or via pm

Edited by Atsche

Thats good to here SgtAce-the memories on that island!:)

Only thing i every thought was lacking on Everon was bigger towns maybe?

Everything else was perfect!

where is the problem? @floosy: use arma 1.03 and offical a2 toolsuit. There was never a need for sample models to build islands...... even with a1 toolsuite :)

Ok good information thx

SgtAce - top work mate, that teaser vid is also first class, a great feel to it. What is the backing vocal track from?

Thats good to here SgtAce-the memories on that island!:)

Only thing i every thought was lacking on Everon was bigger towns maybe?

Everything else was perfect!

I beg of you - please don't add these performance-sucking monsters (aka large towns) unless BIS can optimise the way they're rendered. The one thing that will get me to install these third party maps is better fps than the Chernaraus map.

I wasn't asking for him to add huge town's-was just pointing out the only thing i thought the original was lacking. :)

I too can't go near any large towns due to my crap pc specs (i shouldnt be able to run the game really).

But an extra building here and there wouldn't go a miss . ;)

Yeah, no need for big cities, but a few more buildings here and there.. that sounds good.

I'm glad SgtAce is trying to improve and change Everon, not just making a straight copy with A2 models.

I would keep Everon scenery very close to original to ensure compatibility with tons of user missions. As for villages, I would only make them more detailed (trashcans, proper ground textures for buildings and so on). In OFP buildings were just placed on plain grass which made them look out of place. Some areas like airport will of course need some rewamping :). Also a small harbour for fishing boats would suit the island well.

I'm a relative n00b at modeling (have done a little for a long time), but have done some projection modeling recently with an eye towards learning BIS configs for stuff (people, buildings, weapons... that's all). ;)

So, one of my fav real life rifles (or at least a knockoff of it):

WIP_ATD16.jpg

Modeled in Blender ~5k faces. Untextured (will do that likely in a 3rd party app). Will tweak in the new Oxygen2.

Looks like you don't really need all that geo up front there, without really seeing the model that closely. It looks like you have a bit of work left to complete those edgeloops and such. Without seeing the volumes, the shape of the thing looks pretty good. It looks like you're off to a good start.

hehe

Thanks.

Not sure why the screenshot in Blender hilited certain edges and not others. The model is actually pretty complete. :)

The 'geo up front' is the handguard? That has alot of loops because there is a fairly unique style to the contours of it. The Browning Auto Takedown .22 that I'm using is an old firearm (the one I have, from my grandfather, was made in approximately 1960), so they did it right. :D

The big trick will be getting it in game. I'll be doing plenty of searches here and at OFPEC between now and the first in-game screenies. ;)

Eden 3.0 ;)

Just awesome! Everon is pure love.

Okay, it might be a little bit old, but DAMN MAN PLS MAKE THIS ADDON PELASE THIS IS MY FAVOURITE CAR!!! :D

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Im currently trying to work on Zombies for arma 2 so that I can create some kind of zombie mission like the ones from arma 1.

Blood Effects:

Screenshot

Nothing new,

Porting/Improving the best of what has been released by the community from ArmA 1 to ArmA II.

This would be released as soon as I get Sickboy's permission to submit it as he's the original coder of the initial scripts.

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

Dude that radio chatter was top notch!! Was that part of the music or added? We need that in a sound mod!

Group Link 4 Explosion FX

------------------------------

All explosion sounds i use was made by Mark XIII. :)

Group Link 4 Explosion FX

------------------------------

All explosion sounds i use was made by Mark XIII. :)

Jeez man stellar work on those SFX and Special Effects damn. :yay: