Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

75th Ranger Regiment ACU Units (WIP of course xD)

-Frost;1399521']Just curious as to whether this is still being worked on or not :)

I'm working the best I can, tools are not out yet and I'm not going to just do a simple retexture because I'm a perfectionist...also I'm really busy with life. So, when the editing tools comeout, I'll get back into work and could have an ETA on the units.

050225-f-9999x-003.jpg

All using ORC Level 5 PCU's, Asolo fusion 95 gtx shoes, CB/khaki gear (?)

No rangers ... These guys are PJ's :p

:icon_dj:

Not sure what to do in regards to this project. With BIS announcing Operation Arrowhead, I'm wondering if I should just wait for that. OR if I should continue work on these.

I'd wait until you know the release date of Operation Arrowhead. If its far away then carry on, but if its around the corner then I guess you'd have to make a decision.

Yea wait for next week when they announce the release date (if they are going to) and if its close then don't bother, and by close I mean within september but over that such as october and beyond then just keep working.

Thanks guys. That's some much needed motivation. Anyway, now that the tools are out. I'm at work. Again.

Is there any chance of there being 75th Ranger units from different time periods in the future? Such as early 1990's style (Gulf War, Somalia etc.)

Some 90's style Rangers would be sweet, especially in BDU's.

Some 90's style Rangers would be sweet, especially in BDU's.

I probably will do that after I get the ACU's done. Just to make everyone happy, probably in this order. ACU -> BDU -> DCU.

I probably will do that after I get the ACU's done. Just to make everyone happy, probably in this order. ACU -> BDU -> DCU.

Awesome man, appreciate your work :)

See you have been busy Mr. Binkoski. BTW, Rangers are field testing Multicam but still use ACUs as primary uniform, special operators are using multicam becuase they can buy there own equipment, and the Army is thinking about ditching ACUs for the Multicam and is under congressional review.

Cheers mate.

Just a little tease...no eta just yet. Still need to touch up the equipment and gear. And we'll be set.

caf3e445654143.gif

ac8bc045654144.gif

Not sure if its possible yet (may need source models?), but are you planning on placing a pistol model of some kind within the drop-leg thigh holster on those ranger models? Just a minor aesthetic feature I guess.

But I've always thought that it looked silly having a empty holster (be better to not have the holster at all?)

Nice looking ranger btw. Looking forward to more screens.

Not sure if its possible yet (may need source models?), but are you planning on placing a pistol model of some kind within the drop-leg thigh holster on those ranger models? Just a minor aesthetic feature I guess.

But I've always thought that it looked silly having a empty holster (be better to not have the holster at all?)

Nice looking ranger btw. Looking forward to more screens.

Yes I'm planning on it, but we need the sample MLOD's and we don't know when they will be released unfortunately. But yes, you can expect it in a release :bigsmile:

Awesome cheers mate :), hopefully those sample MLOD's get released soon.

Slightly off-topic, but would the lack of those MLOD's impede weapon creation as well? say if someone wanted to make a M4A1 with vertical grip using the Mk48 animations.

hi

are you working on something like this ?

75thranger.th.jpg

W.I.P from BTAM Mod

75th Ranger in ciras and acu

ldbfe726fd49f6b32095454.jpg

l80ecdad3afbf91204159d4.jpg

l4c711d781ac36d828e80d3.jpg

l8fd0597d6d3451689ff7e8.jpg

l3ef494a91bfde7c829b6f6.jpg

Multicam PIC: http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20Archive/2009/July/Cpl%20Kopp-006.jpg RIP.

Quite new pics, ACU ones from Iraq, Multicam one from A-stan IIRC.

Basic Kit:

ACH 2000 helmet with Norotos one hole NVG mount, PVS-14/15 NVGs.

Sordin comms.

ACU combat shirt/pants or Crye Precision Combat apparel in Multicam.

PACA body armor in RG and RBSS in RG over it/RG Eagle Land CIRAS/RRV+ backplate with MSAP cummerbund combo.

Blaster: M4 w/peq-15 or peq-2, ACOG sight/EOtech/Elcan Specter DR/, Lights: Surefire 6Ps in scope ring mounts, insight M6s, and M962 (Arms mount with the push tail cap)

Hope this helps