Sign in to follow this  
ShadowOps

Zombie Mission

I was originally planning on making a Resident Evil style zombie mission for ArmA, but with ArmA 2's UK release only 2 weeks away, and after reading somewhere on these forums that Nemesis is planning on developing an ArmA 2version of his zombie mod :yay:, I'l be developing the mission for ArmA 2 instead.

I've got the characters, mission objectives and most of the storyline already planned out. It'll be a 2 player co-op mission based in Chernogorsk. The main characters themselves will be civilians, specifically a male and a female protagonist.

I've seen from the Chernogorsk screenshots that some of the locations available include a railway station, town square / hall, and factories, and these are some of the areas that I'm planning on using for the mission.

I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions about these locations, mainly:

Does the railway station connect to any other towns?

Is the railway station fairly close to the town?

Is the Town Hall enterable?

Thanks in advance.

YES

YES

NO

If you need a Zombiescript: I make somethink like a scripted zombie AI back in OFP and ported it to ArmA and now to ArmA2. It works great for large crowds of zombies. They are engaging the player and screaming for brains^^ And you need NO addons to run it. If you are interested write me a PM.

Sry to all that pm me about my scripts... the release will be delayed cause of some AI problems. My old system ifdomove commands dont work cause of the advanced ai (microai) in ArmA2. I will make some fsm files for the zombies.

Keep us posted! Cant wait to see how the zombies work now with some smarter AI.

BAD!

I created a horde of zombies, controlled with domove commands and/or waypoints... They run towards me, but if the first zombie were shot, they micoai take control and the zombies searched for the next cover ^^ There they lie down for mins.... no horror.... no action.... just some bloody civilians behind bushes...

setbehaviour "Careless" -> Useless

dissableai "move" -> bad idea, they do less than nothing

invinite loop of domove commands -> ai runs 1 meter, stand, waits 1-4 mins and run 1 meter again....

But i have good news too:

I managed it to make ArmA2 look like Stalker:CS with some collorcorrection and grain... it looks great even at day.

Well, the good news is good, shame about the bad, if i were in any way talented in such things i would love to lend my assistance, but alas, i am not.

Fingers crossed some more zombie loving freaks can be of more aid so we can have our combat armor rendered useless by hordes of the undead(or infected depending what route you want to go) feasting on us!

Anyone is allowed to take the scripts from CZM (/Zmod, whatever you want to call it) from ArmA1, unPBO them and do whatever you want with them. Especially the _LOW version is very easy to edit.

EDIT: If it needs reuploading just notify me.

EDIT2: And if you use it, please change the NEM_ and CZM tags into something else compitability.

Edited by NeMeSiS

One of the things I found in ArmA was that AI armed civilians wouldn't attack zombies, since they were both listed under the Independent side.

I got round the problem by creating custom units on the West side, using 2 civilian vehicle classes as a base.

What side will the zombies be under in the new mod?

Öhm.... maybe you can create zombies or civilians on east side... that would solve your problems.... my zombies are allways on the independent side, so you can make them friendly with nobody...

I would love to see the OFP and ArmA zombie maps back.

If I remember correctly, it was several missions on Nogova, what an awesome place.

is some body watch film, names "28 Weels ago" its about zombies in london. so u can do something like this but i dont mean london. u can set a lot of civians zombe. they will be moving very fast. u cant to shoot them all with your full equipment like m16 with 7 mags and m1911 full of mags. just set them a lot of! very many people zombies! its will be very cool! so, if u watch that film u will understood my idea.

28 weeks later is not about zombies, its a disease. They're not even dead...

28 weeks later is not about zombies, its a disease. They're not even dead...

ok captain killjoy...