Sign in to follow this  
Provac

Dynamic Transport Function

I got the transport thing going, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for just to dick around in the editor with and get some drop off to and from a few combat zones I setup just to practice with... however...

ALL I have put into the game is what gunter described, and I am getting weird instructions from "HQ" telling me to intercept convoys and stuff.. yet no such convoys exist as I have not created them O_o wtf is going on there?

Editz:

Ok for some reason it is assigning me random tasks, complete with objects and enemies, I can reply through the communications menu and accept when it offers me an objective..

Where is this coming from? All I did was add the code to the trigger as outlined in Gunter's suggestion for the dynamic transport.

Very confused O_o

Edited by Inviktus

Would it be possible to assign a group of aircraft to the dynamic transport function. Say like the UH1 and an AH1 for protection. It is not that common for an aircraft to be flying by itself in a combat zone, surely not a transport with limited weapons!

Thanks!

@Inviktus - You can disable SOM side missions by placing this in the initialisation field of the SOM:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

Been playing around with the Transport system and a couple of things to note. The default aircraft for Transport is the huey. If you look at the code I put up earlier it lets you override it and put in other aircraft.

The reason why it is in a trigger is if you put it in the init.sqf you get the transport call once (someone can correct me if Im wrong). The radio trigger allows you to reinitialized the Transport call over and over or in my case until the Osprey gets shot down :-)

@Inviktus - You can disable SOM side missions by placing this in the initialisation field of the SOM:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

Cheers man, big help thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

The radio trigger allows you to reinitialized the Transport call over and over or in my case until the Osprey gets shot down :-)

Actually, I just did a bit of a test and I was able to call the transport, have it drop me off, and call it again without having to reinitialize by triggering radio alpha for the second pick up.

It works for me to...but when iam trigger this airstrike script with the radio (airstrike.sqs) i cant call the helicopter again....crazy.

If i press 0-8-1 i have no option to select....but only if i activate the airstike.sqs before....

Here is the airstrike.sqs:

"Firedirection" setmarkerpos getPos _Ziel;

_dropPosition = getpos _Ziel;

~0.5

_dropPosX = _dropPosition select 0;

_dropPosY = _dropPosition select 1;

_dropPosZ = _dropPosition select 2;

~0.1

_planespawnpos = [_dropPosX + 3000, _dropPosY, _dropPosZ + 1000];

_pilotspawnpos = [_dropPosX + 3000, _dropPosY, _dropPosZ + 1000];

;=========CREATE=======================

_PlaneG = creategroup WEST;

_plane = createVehicle ["AV8B",_planespawnpos,[], 0, "FLY"];

_plane setPos [(getPos _plane select 0),(getPos _plane select 1),900] ;

_pilot = "Pilot" createUnit [getMarkerPos "Firedirection", _PlaneG, "P1=this"];

_Plane setVelocity [100,0,0] ;

~0.4

P1 moveinDriver _plane;

P1 setDamage 0;

P1 action ["gear_up", vehicle P1] ;

P1 setCaptive true;

_plane flyinHeight 100;

#CHECK

P1 doMove getPos _Ziel;

P1 doTarget _Ziel;

P1 doWatch _Ziel;

? (_plane distance _Ziel) < 1500 : goto "DROP"

goto "CHECK"

;=========FIRE=======================

#DROP

_i = 0

_plane flyInHeight 100;

_plane setPos [(getPos _plane select 0),(getPos _plane select 1),100] ;

~13

#FIRE

_i=_i+1

_plane fire "BombLauncher";

~0.2

? _i <= 6 : goto "FIRE"

;=========FLY AWAY=======================

_Ziel setPos [0,0,0];

"Firedirection" setMarkerPos [0,0];

~4

_plane flyInHeight 300;

P1 doMove getPos _Ziel;

#Check2

_plane setDamage 0;

P1 setDamage 0;

? (_plane distance _Ziel) > 2500 : goto "ENDE";

goto "Check2"

;=========DELETE========================

#ENDE;

deleteVehicle _plane;

deleteGroup _PlaneG

deleteVehicle P1;

exit

I have a trigger (radio bravo) with on activation:

[x] exec "airstrike.sqs"

Edited by Wiggum

How do I make it so that the transport does not return to its start position when the squad unloads? I want it to stay put at the unload location, waiting for further orders. Can't work this out.

Very cool thanks for posting... Excuse my ignorance, but I know nothing about scripting. Is it possible to get the "transport" functionality in this same manner, but without the SOM module, so I am not getting the random missions? Would it be possible to use the "Functions" module instead?

JB

I use this in a trigger (radio alpha):

waitUntil {!isnil {p1 getVariable "mainScope"}}; SOM_mainScope = p1 getVariable "mainScope"; [["transport"], p1] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc; SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", h2]; SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]]; SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]]; h2 setVariable ["supPool", [bIS_cooper], TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE];

And a Som Module (called SOM) synced with player (p1).

But the chopper is way to stupid...i gave him a landing point in the open and he land on trees...or 200m away from the landing point.

Did i do anything wrong ?

hello sorry for my English because I use a translator

I find the dynamic transportation exellente but how reiterate the command when the helico s ecrase or destroyed I can not repeat the command thank you

You might want to add these lines as well just to be sure:

h1 setVariable ["supPool", [bIS_cooper], TRUE];
h1 setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE];
h1 setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE];
h1 setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE];

The transport itself is described quite poorly in the scripts (the description may even be outdated, I'll try to fix that ASAP), so here's a quick explanation:

TSS_vehicle_custom is the vehicle you want to use for the transportation (if you don't define this variable, some default choppers are spawned).

TSS_allowed defines which position can be chosen by a player (pickup, unload or both)

TSS_plannedLZ is used as the default position if player can choose ONLY pickup or unload.

Thank you for explanation.

:)

Hi guys :)

I'm new and not english, so sorry if i can't explain better.

I've tried to use both SOM demos posted but when i call the helicopter he don't starts.. the transport is marked as "active" but the heli simply ignores me.. i've checked elsewhere but didn't find anything!! :( thanx a lot for any reply..! bye bye

Hi.

Do you know what to do to make this transport working in MP? For example, there are real players somewhere on the map. I am CO in the base. They request for MEDEVAC and I send them HUEY.

Normally it doesn't work because chopper "can't see me" near the landing zone, so it's not landing, just doing circles over the LZ.

Thx for answer.

SOM doesn't work in MP yet, it is a bug and the dev team is working on it.. Not yet an ETA

I thought only one helicopter for transport would be too boring.

Therefore, I gave him a big brother called AH-64D Apache. As protection. Everything works great.Both helicopters are flown. After the air-transport helicopter, returned to base and has landed, the AH-64D Apache still flies over the base. He does not land.

Maybe someone knows how to bring him to land?

Setting up the dynamic transport through the SOM module is simple, I went through the list of BIS functions to see if they had any for dynamic transport to get something like in RazorTwo campaign mission. I found BIS_fnc_transportService and tried to figure it out. My brain has blisters, been trying to wrap my head around this for a few days now. Such a cool function is not really talked about in here. So if anyone has been trying to get this thing to work please share your knowledge as now im really stuck.

I guess my main problem is figuring out how to pass the right variables to the script that starts the whole scenario. DnA has been browsing the forums alot lately and I would be forever greatfull if I could get a few pointers so I can at least start in the right position rather than mess it all up in my head.

Id post what ive tried so far but its so much with no luck so il settle for a small comment in the right direction if possible.

EDIT!

Ok after some testing and crap we found a sollution that works for us.

Here is the code to use:

t1 is player

h1 is vehicle

name the SOM module and name it, in this case we named it SOM

This works on choppers, cars and possibly other stuff.

So there you go, a good way to add your very own transport service ingame. :D

The code doesn't work properly on my dedicated server.

Do you know how i add the speech-voices in the dynamic Transport Function just like in Harvest Red campaign?

alright but how do i execute the script, may i insert a trigger and the _handle = player execVM "test.sqf"; command?

i have a problem now :) i have done the trigger and the other stuff but when i call the heli i have a box saying support unavailable but i had inserted the heli and called it h1!

I do not understand, I did everything but it says "Chopper had to RTB for fuel" and it never shows up.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

i have a problem now :) i have done the trigger and the other stuff but when i call the heli i have a box saying support unavailable but i had inserted the heli and called it h1!

Wait for H.Q. to say that they have a helicopter ready for you.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Also if you need me to give you something like the init.sqf just tell me