Sign in to follow this  
Vampire1994

Arma 2 - Female Characters?

if a woman comes in here and wants there to be female characters then we will see theres a demand for it.

I realise this is off topic but noone ive asked knows what to do and i cant find anything online about it and i didnt want to start a new thread. In multiplayer im playing carrier sealz and im an engineer i fixed a chopper and cant fix anything till i go back to base and get more enginner points or something i ran around for a few hours trying out what i thought would be the most obvious things and nothing i tried worked could someone please tell me what i need to do.

i posted my last post on it. doesn't stop the feeling of discust against you guys about the way you see women.

May I ask what is the way we see women if you're so disgusted by it?

lol this is way there are wars to begin with

Edited by Killakaze

if a woman comes in here and wants there to be female characters then we will see theres a demand for it.

Actually this thread was originally started by a woman, I just don't think enough women play/have identified themselves that BIS would feel justified in spending the time to do something about it.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

He must mean informed rather than idealistic.

its not so much the fact i'm discusted at you guys saying women aint worthy, i'm discusted more at the fact that almost every reply challenging the OP is like a kid kicking and screeming because he doesn't want his sister playing his game.

i'm not here to argue or cause unrest, or bad feeling. i simply know that A2 ISN'T a real battlefield so we can all respawn to ekill again. its a simulator, women will be on the frontlines and have the ability to kill, they don't have any different training than males so they are taught to handle and fire a weapon just the same. so therefore THAT is your reality if thats what all your biggest gripe is.

thats my answer to you, this is the last i say about the subject.

let me enforce the bold, I did not say women ARE on the fronline killing, i said they ARE there and HAVE the ability if it came to it.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

its not so much the fact i'm discusted at you guys saying women aint worthy, i'm discusted more at the fact that almost every reply challenging the OP is like a kid kicking and screeming because he doesn't want his sister playing his game.

Most of the discussion has been about why adding female soldiers isn't worth BI's time and shooting down outrageous exaggerations of female military presence on battlefields and their achievements compared to men. If someone has problems immersing themselves because their game character is of a different gender, it's frankly their own problem, male or female.

let me enforce the bold, I did not say women ARE on the fronline killing, i said they ARE there and HAVE the ability if it came to it.

And there's your answer why they're not seen in the vanilla game.

Edited by Celery

i'm not here to argue or cause unrest, or bad feeling. i simply know that A2 ISN'T a real battlefield so we can all respawn to ekill again. its a simulator, women will be on the frontlines and have the ability to kill, they don't have any different training than males so they are taught to handle and fire a weapon just the same. so therefore THAT is your reality if thats what all your biggest gripe is.

thats my answer to you, this is the last i say about the subject.

Nobody is saying that they don't have the ability to do it, but they are not SUPPOSED to be getting put in the same situation as men.

And women do not receive the same training as men. If you think learning to shoot is the only form of training received by combat arms, I question how much you actually know. Do you also think Jessica Lynch was a high-speed Ranger or something?

You sound like you're about 16 and don't understand how the military, at least the U.S. as I am not aware on how other militaries operate, works with women.

Do a little research before posting again.

In response to the most recent post and all others like it: None of which matters to me in any way shape or form.

This is a game, and it's never going to be realistic as long as you look at a computer screen and move a mouse around and use a keyboard. You're not running through the jungle, having to remove leeches and avoid tripping over vines. You're not sweating your ass off in a desert. You're not feeling actual pain when you're shot. And you respawn when you die.

Yes, I do in fact enjoy games more when there is a female protagonist. Yes, I do in fact enjoy games more when I can make my avatar into an extension of myself. No, I have no intention of purchasing this game anymore because of its lacking a model for female soldiers. Not having the models makes the game inferior compared to if it did have them.

Games are luxury items, and after playing the demo for a bit, I came to the conclusion that this game really has nothing special about it-- it's fairly generic really. If it had female models of some sort, I might have seen it as more worthy of being bought. As it is, other games are better choices for my hard-earned and limited supply of money.

And now, unsubscribing. No clue why I left this thread subscribed for too long, not like there's anything really worth reading. Flame away I guess.

In response to the most recent post and all others like it: None of which matters to me in any way shape or form.

This is a game, and it's never going to be realistic as long as you look at a computer screen and move a mouse around and use a keyboard. You're not running through the jungle, having to remove leeches and avoid tripping over vines. You're not sweating your ass off in a desert. You're not feeling actual pain when you're shot. And you respawn when you die.

Yes, I do in fact enjoy games more when there is a female protagonist. Yes, I do in fact enjoy games more when I can make my avatar into an extension of myself. No, I have no intention of purchasing this game anymore because of its lacking a model for female soldiers. Not having the models makes the game inferior compared to if it did have them.

Games are luxury items, and after playing the demo for a bit, I came to the conclusion that this game really has nothing special about it-- it's fairly generic really. If it had female models of some sort, I might have seen it as more worthy of being bought. As it is, other games are better choices for my hard-earned and limited supply of money.

And now, unsubscribing. No clue why I left this thread subscribed for too long, not like there's anything really worth reading. Flame away I guess.

So, you get off at the fact there's women in a video game? Correct me if I am wrong but that's what you just said in so many words.

In response to the most recent post and all others like it: None of which matters to me in any way shape or form...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :yay:

Do a little research before posting again.

and you are who?

i'm probably old enough to be your grandad .

one thing i never do, is take the word of some snotty kid on a forum so yes i do know how the training goes.

people join the forces for various reasons, dont matter if they are infantry or cooks they all have to learn to shoot, should the situation arise, each and every team member needs the ability to shoot back (return) fire in an ambush situation.

so come back when your old enough kid.

but once again, reply to me here its going to be ignored.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

That's one of the stupidest posts I've seen lately. :butbut:

and you are who?

i'm probably old enough to be your grandad .

one thing i never do, is take the word of some snotty kid on a forum so yes i do know how the training goes.

people join the forces for various reasons, dont matter if they are infantry or cooks they all have to learn to shoot, should the situation arise, each and every team member needs the ability to shoot back (return) fire in an ambush situation.

so come back when your old enough kid.

but once again, reply to me here its going to be ignored.

You have a dim understanding of military training and a really poor attitude. If you are old enough to be his grandpa you must be reaching the second childhood stage.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

That's one of the stupidest posts I've seen lately. :butbut:

Yes it was rather devoid of quality content. I think this bit

this game really has nothing special about it-- it's fairly generic really.
spoke volumes.

LOL! ArmA II... Generic? That's had me chuckling for a few minutes now.

what does it really matter?

answer me this...

does this game solve the problems in iraq or afghan?

is this game making the slightest bit of difference to the world?

i'll give the same answers you all will and its NO to both.

CBA with this thread anymore. toomany sexist idiots posting.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

CBA with this thread anymore. toomany sexist idiots posting.

One less misinformed feminist bothering the discussion. :)

I had a women as my close combat leader (platoon leader when the mechanised infantry was dismouted, since the platoon chiefs (two lieutenants) did not dismout but remained as combatvehicle chief) during my Swedish national military service and i tell you one thing, she got us killed by making stupid tactical errors on combat excercises enough times for the death toll to add up to a whole company. Sure she was good giving orders at pute admistrative parts that did not involve combat. But a women simply have not had the interest in tactics or the sociallbackground of commanding like a typical male to function as a competent combat leader.

In a real war, i "might" shoot her in the back the first thing i do, i don't care if i get courtmarshalled, atleast the rest of my platoon will have a competent close combat leader that won't get them killed, either one of the officers that becomes forces to it or one of the more competent male group chiefs (thats squad leaders).

Edited by Sirex1

One less misinformed feminist bothering the discussion. :)

no simply one more idiot added to my ignore list.

no simply one more idiot added to my ignore list.

Please add me also to that list:D

really there should be female soldiers they have female Civs should be rather simple to make a female soldier id figure

as said back in this thread a few times, whack a female head on a males body, voice dont matter much because most male voices in this game are higher pitched than my ex :lol:

I had a women as my close combat leader (platoon leader when the mechanised infantry was dismouted, since the platoon chiefs (two lieutenants) did not dismout but remained as combatvehicle chief) during my Swedish national military service and i tell you one thing, she got us killed by making stupid tactical errors on combat excercises enough times for the death toll to add up to a whole company. Sure she was good giving orders at pute admistrative parts that did not involve combat. But a women simply have not had the interest in tactics or the sociallbackground of commanding like a typical male to function as a competent combat leader.

In a real war, i "might" shoot her in the back the first thing i do, i don't care if i get courtmarshalled, atleast the rest of my platoon will have a competent close combat leader that won't get them killed, either one of the officers that becomes forces to it or one of the more competent male group chiefs (thats squad leaders).

That really is a shame. Not all female soldiers are that incompetent and certainly there are plenty of males like that as well. Some will get you killed just to claim some glory for themselves.

That really is a shame. Not all female soldiers are that incompetent and certainly there are plenty of males like that as well. Some will get you killed just to claim some glory for themselves.

I've seen plenty of women in Army platoon leader training who would be perfectly capable of leading men into combat. There are certainly women who are capable of it-it just is not realistically happening on a military-wide basis.

Great, Colt, one of the guys who thinks he knows everything even without doing any research. Sounds like an old, crabby politician.

I've seen plenty of women in Army platoon leader training who would be perfectly capable of leading men into combat. There are certainly women who are capable of it-it just is not realistically happening on a military-wide basis.

Great, Colt, one of the guys who thinks he knows everything even without doing any research. Sounds like an old, crabby politician.

People who don't haven't/ served, know everything about it :j:

Edited by anfiach

To adequately express my dismay at many of the replies to this topic you would need a face the size of a small sun to hit a palm about as big as Jupiter.

Whether female soldiers are any good or not is absolutely beside the point. Whether they should be fighting in wars is also besides the point. The reality is that pretty much every military in the world includes women. Do they serve in the front line? Usually not. But of course one could point out that trucks are rarely used at the front line either but they still feature in the game.

Given that the game is often not simply a case of front line units versus front line units the inclusion of female soldiers makes perfect sense. Engineer and logistics units often include women and these are often very close to the front line, close enough that they often see combat as the hundreds of women wounded and dozens killed from the US military in Iraq demonstrates. There are even women who have won Bronze Star and Silver Star medals for combat in that war. Women may also be combat pilots in the USAF.

And that's just talking about the USA which is relatively civilised, guerillas, even hardline Islamic ones, have no qualms at all about women dying for the cause, in fact often like the men can't exactly stop them. Chechen women featured heavily in the groups that attacked the Nord Ost theatre in Moscow and the Beslan school.

The argument that women shouldn't be in a military simulator is asinine, women are well represented in almost every military field barring front line infantry and special forces units. A simulator ought to represent that.

Edited by Ludovico Technique