Sign in to follow this  
Vampire1994

Arma 2 - Female Characters?

women belong in kitchens not in battlefields

Wow spetz Thats so not cool.. male's could also belong in the kicthens... But on topic Femalechars should be possible i say but it would also need a way for the Mp char your playing to have the same face/gender as your char's would need hella lot of work i guess (and its hard to explain what i mean)

Given some of Russia's best snipers in WWII were women, does anyone doubt that ChenRuss might be crawling with female sharpshooters? Let's knock off the "in the kitchen" and "can't drive" trash talk and drop the nonsense about never in combat too.

No one is going to force you to chose a female soldier type. Right now, the female gamers DO have to pick soldiers that don't match their gender. Just calm down and let people pick a body gender just like they can pick a face and voice. No big deal.

Damn i played Blood Rain last night, i could not play the game at all cause the game character is a woman vampire and i dont feel comfortable playing like that. I should have a choice to pick a male vampire. Well buhuuu on me!

Damn i played Blood Rain last night, i could not play the game at all cause the game character is a woman vampire and i dont feel comfortable playing like that. I should have a choice to pick a male vampire. Well buhuuu on me!

bloodrayne is about a story where the protagonist is a female character, period. arma 2 is more about soldiery in general. i agree that the single player campaign in arma 2 would not be appropriate for a female character due to realism. but i have seen that realism break down in the red harvest campaign considerably from earlier iterations of ofp/arma. but anyway, my issue is more with your argument.

your bloodrayne example is hardly comparable to a game like this. and the fact that so many arguments here are based on such absurd comparisons is indicative of an extreme impoverishment in intelligence of the average male gamer. besides, the stereotypes that suggest women are not capable of fighting on the front lines has been debunked by history and common sense.

if anything, women are better soldiers. this has been proven in ww2 when russian female snipers were among the highest in kill rating. studies have shown they are better multitaskers and posses a higher average intelligence than males. that makes them better at concentrating in situations that require many actions at once...and higher intelligence pretty much puts them above males right away. no one wants idiots fighting next to them in life and death situations.

if anything, women are better soldiers. this has been proven in ww2 when russian female snipers were among the highest in kill rating. studies have shown they are better multitaskers and posses a higher average intelligence than males. that makes them better at concentrating in situations that require many actions at once...and higher intelligence pretty much puts them above males right away. no one wants idiots fighting next to them in life and death situations.

Right... you take the exception to the norm and even then it's not better than the best males. The women who were allowed in the army were already exceptional both physically and mentally compared to most women and still when you look at a log of known snipers, the first female comes at place 26 with 309 kills and the next entry with 300 kills was a team effort. The next ones come much later with 155 kills and less. Above and in between are numerous men.

If you have proof of women having a higher average intelligence, please show us. Here we can see that in numerous tests the genders have either been equal or men have had a slight advantage.

"Most modern IQ tests are weighted to even out overall sex differences in average score." is also an interesting observation in possible bias for women to make their IQ seem equal to that of men's.

No one wants to fight next to someone with a genetically slight build so they can't carry the weight needed.

No one wants to fight next to someone with a genetically slight build so they can't carry the weight needed.

one thing that is especially true in modern warfare is that intelligence trumps brawn. and as i've already said, women are much more intelligent than men. that goes without saying actually.

one thing that is especially true in modern warfare is that intelligence trumps brawn. and as i've already said, women are much more intelligent than men. that goes without saying actually.

One thing that you've never tried is to carry is an 80-100 pound load of gear for miles.

I don't know how bad your feminism blinds you, but brawn and brains are not mutually exclusive.

I mean, it's not like ANY armed force in the world has ever had women fighting on the front line. Apart from the ones that do of course.

Blinded by feminism my ass. I bet you don't even know what that word means.

I mean, it's not like ANY armed force in the world has ever had women fighting on the front line. Apart from the ones that do of course.

Blinded by feminism my ass. I bet you don't even know what that word means.

Don't stretch the truth in order to make your point.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Right... you take the exception to the norm and even then it's not better than the best males. The women who were allowed in the army were already exceptional both physically and mentally compared to most women and still when you look at a log of known snipers, the first female comes at place 26 with 309 kills and the next entry with 300 kills was a team effort. The next ones come much later with 155 kills and less. Above and in between are numerous men.

If you have proof of women having a higher average intelligence, please show us. Here we can see that in numerous tests the genders have either been equal or men have had a slight advantage.

"Most modern IQ tests are weighted to even out overall sex differences in average score." is also an interesting observation in possible bias for women to make their IQ seem equal to that of men's.

IQ test are rather a joke. Men will generally score higher in logic and problem solving exercises because that is how their brain's are wired, however this has little to do with overall intelligence. Conversely, women will generally do matter with management skills because of the way their brains are wired. Some people are smart and others are stupid but sex isn't a qualifier.

if anything, women are better soldiers. this has been proven in ww2 when russian female snipers were among the highest in kill rating. studies have shown they are better multitaskers and posses a higher average intelligence than males. that makes them better at concentrating in situations that require many actions at once...and higher intelligence pretty much puts them above males right away.

Okay, that is quite possibly the single most ignorant, inflammatory, overzealous drivel I've heard this week. So much, in fact, that I'd be prone to suspect deliberate trolling.

Okay, that is quite possibly the single most ignorant, inflammatory, overzealous drivel I've heard this week. So much, in fact, that I'd be prone to suspect deliberate trolling.

whats the matter? do you still live in the male shovanist world?

you do know women are better at dealing with pain than men? you also know its a known fact that men are pretty useless at multitasking? and women are indeed better planners/thinkers than men?

well dude i got news for you, the above are all correct. and yes there are far more women on the frontline now than there ever was, and yes they can be just as strong and have as much stamina as thier male counterparts.

hell hath no fury as a woman sconed! uh huh they can be viscious bastards too.

so yes its time to wake up to the world and put your male ego asside.

Saying women make better soldiers, better at everything etc. is over compensation to the extreme.

We had a female soldier on my multiple in Iraq and we had no problems with her as topcover/driver..

From a personal veiw, having female soldiers in game would be great, either as a medic or a generic soldier.

you do know women are better at dealing with pain than men? you also know its a known fact that men are pretty useless at multitasking? and women are indeed better planners/thinkers than men?

well dude i got news for you, the above are all correct. and yes there are far more women on the frontline now than there ever was, and yes they can be just as strong and have as much stamina as thier male counterparts.

so yes its time to wake up to the world and put your male ego asside.

Yeah, Right:crazy:

I've been in the army for eight years and in my recce plt, there where no female soldiers.

I wander why:rolleyes:

Yeah, Right:crazy:

I've been in the army for eight years and in my recce plt, there where no female soldiers.

I wander why:rolleyes:

none eh?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=female+soldiers+in+iraq&search_type=&aq=0&oq=female+soldiers

these are all just a figment of someones immagination?

pteradon? anything to do with pteradon that made vietcong?

you do know women are better at dealing with pain than men?

Recent research suggests otherwise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4641567.stm

you also know its a known fact that men are pretty useless at multitasking?

I don't buy this either.

There was no significance in the findings to claim a gender difference in verbal and spatial tasks or carrying out simultaneous tasks.

http://clearinghouse.missouriwestern.edu/manuscripts/520.php

and women are indeed better planners/thinkers than men?

I also think this is stereotypical rubbish. A brief look at history will show this to be incorrect. For example, the invasion of occupied France on June 6th 1944 was a complex operation that required extensive planning and thinking.

well dude i got news for you, the above are all correct.

No, they are not correct.

Then again I prefer judging the abilities of the individual rather than by their gender or nationality and so on and so forth.

and yes there are far more women on the frontline now than there ever was,

Mostly in the combat support role rather than combat arms I believe.

and yes they can be just as strong and have as much stamina as thier male counterparts.

Some women can.

Some can be viscous. Not all.

All this really has nothing to do with the topic though does it?

Women in Arma 2 would increase the realism by being to represent some military jobs better. It will not add a whole lot to the game but there is no real reason not to I suppose. It's not a deal breaker for me and I am not really bothered if they include women soldiers or not.

All bullshit about female soldiers being better or not aside, it boils down to whether BI can afford (time AND money) to create all the new animation and skeletal data for female combatants.

After all, creating that many animations, and modifiying the cargo animation system to allow the new anim set to crew/occupy vehicles is no mean feat....

none eh?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=female+soldiers+in+iraq&search_type=&aq=0&oq=female+soldiers

these are all just a figment of someones immagination?

pteradon? anything to do with pteradon that made vietcong?

I know that nowadays there are a lot of female soldiers active in all parts of the world, but the argument that they are better than male counterparts is for me just a lot of crap.

Personally i think, the goverment is just recruiting female soldiers, just for getting the right ammount of numbers of troops, they can send overseas.

When i was in the army, we had some female soldiers in our battalion.

Nice woman btw, but they had just a supporting role like driver, medic ect.

Besides that, the female soldiers had lower standards for pushing-up, sit-up and running, just because they are not as strong as their male counterparts.

Thats was just one of the reasons, why they were not allowed in our recce plt.

Besides that, if woman soldiers are better than male soldiers, why is it that SF are just filled up with men?

About your question, no i was not involved with Vietcong:)

i simply dont buy any of the men this women that crap, regardless of what some think. women enjoy what they do, my better half is a gamer, she would have like to play A2 if there was a armed female char but there isn't then again she did enjoy MW (that had no females) and BF2 that also had no females. but A2 is suppost to be a sim correct? no fems in the forces? its only part sim :P ;)

anyway i think the whole thing is upto BI, they make the game, they decide its content. and for me personally......its absolutely bang on :D

i simply dont buy any of the men this women that crap, regardless of what some think. women enjoy what they do, my better half is a gamer, she would have like to play A2 if there was a armed female char but there isn't then again she did enjoy MW (that had no females) and BF2 that also had no females. but A2 is suppost to be a sim correct? no fems in the forces? its only part sim :P ;)

anyway i think the whole thing is upto BI, they make the game, they decide its content. and for me personally......its absolutely bang on :D

Ok, any real Marine would know that women aren't allowed in combat roles in most Western militaries.

Yes, they are in the forces, but if you're going to make women then they'd better have MP or supply insignia on them, because they are not infantry and are not meant to fight, but play a support role.

You are either a woman pretending to be a man, or your significant other is watching over your shoulder as you type :D (I kid, I kid)

Colt I suggest you stop posting and read through this thread. every thing has already been discussed and flamed about in detail

Colt I suggest you stop posting and read through this thread. every thing has already been discussed and flamed about in detail

i posted my last post on it. doesn't stop the feeling of discust against you guys about the way you see women.

and no i'm all male and no my better half isn't making me say these things