Sign in to follow this  
mc sonar

illegal copys may degrade?

:mad:

this is a shame....i bought this damn game via metaboli and now i got this message ingame....illegal copys may degrade...

is this a JOKE?

after lots of trouble getting through all this fency fx, fillrate, missionproblems and other stuff i´m now owner of an illegal copy?.....W T H!

that is a shame...

who got my money at the and?

Edited by mc sonar
F to H

I believe it's just a warning to those that may have a pirated version of the game that FADE will be activated if they don't have a legitimate game and key to authorize it.

:rolleyes:

You should discuss this with Metaboli and / or BIS to get it straightened out.

Metaboli got your money, btw. It is a legitimate business and has a reputation to maintain, so I'm sure they would be happy to try to help you through your problem.

Were you by any chance playing on the Kelly's Heroes server?

if you see it in chat and someone else is disconnected than You then it's just announce about that person using illegal copy and not You ...

You can also send Placebo a PM with your key included and he can tell you if it's legit. Also yes, like Dwarden said. It says that when someone else joins an online game with a illegal copy. Where did you see it at? In text chat?

Were you by any chance playing on the Kelly's Heroes server?

?? I don't see what difference that should make. The install on the Kellys Heroes server is genuine - I bought it through Morphicon on Tuesday the 2nd June.

Kellys Heroes pride ourselves on offering the community the best possible Arma/Arma2 multiplayer experience and whenever possible always have an admin either in game or on Teamspeak.

We do not condone illegal copies and actively ban illegal keys & persistent team killers as indeed we have been doing for the last 2 1/2 years.

Edited by [KH]Jman
additional comments

i played an official BIS SPmission in the editor- i was in a tank when this message pops up in the middle of my screen. don't know exactly on which server i was before this "illegal copy thing" happens.

the text is slightly transparent and its not really blocking my sight and the gameplay but its a bit confusing and not customer friendly.

i tried to play online but this is another little story...."receiving....receiving...and so on.

next thing: i will send placebo my key....we will see

thanx for reply :)

I did have a thought about the KH server on one matter but did not raise it then due to thinking it was just a new game server setup teething issues.

The issues was that joining the KH server although I could play fine, it returned in blue text that it could not get my ID!! Which is balloney cause it shows in my details ingame and somewhere in the menus I think.. Other servers didnt have a problem but that one server did that and I was wondering why at the time.

So if anyone that can enlighten me that would be nice... maybe jman from KH can.

I play a lot on the KH server and havent had an issue to date with ArmA 1 or 2, maybe if there is something strange going on get in touch with them via their forums and they can investigate.

perhaps you install something like a translation path which make the game fade?

@mc sonar

Did you have any problems installing and then starting the game, or did it all go smoothly? For example lots of people have been experiencing issues like wrong keys or faulty .exe files asking for a CD/DVD. Did any of that happen to you, or could you just install and start the game with no problems?

@Choum

perhaps it is the `noblur` mod. i m from germany so so i dont use any language mod- as i said: i only use the noblur mod for some gain in game perfomance.

perhaps some more people get this message. interesting to know if it´s the noblur mod....

last info from placebo is: perhaps its an securerom and metaboli or a system problem.

my serial is a legal german one.

Edited by mc sonar

So if anyone that can enlighten me that would be nice... maybe jman from KH can.

Myself nor any of my clan members have reported any difficulties connecting to our A2 server.

If anyone is experiencing any issues related to our server I would like to redirect them to this topic thus not deflecting away from the real topic of this thread.

i will continue in the thread as sudgested jman. Um that topic links back to here :D

Edited by moosenoodles

@MadDogX

evrything went smooth- its the download version from metaboli. first installation 1.01 patched. no wrong serial problems.

the game itself runs smooth now and i have no fade problems so far.

we will see.

Jman do you at all have say a time that you could be about and I could login to see if there is any issues with what was discussed in the other thread etc?

Certainly. I will be around on our Teamspeak server this evening around 8pm BST

Certainly. I will be around on our Teamspeak server this evening around 8pm BST

ugh teamspeak no ventrillo? Ill login your game server and chat with text to make sure things are ok just after 8pm then.. thanks.

edit: im lazy I should really just install teamspeak lol, working on windows7 RC I hope.

@Choum: The language patch that is most common (i.e. the one I use myself) has not in anyway adversely affected any genuine copy of A2, nor can it. It is simply a replacement of the original files, all the creator has done is rewrite the stringtable.xml files in the PBOs and repacked them. The more you say otherwise, the more people who PM myself and others talking absolute rubbish.

If you're having serious issues with A2 like messages popping up about illegal copies, or something else wrong, a reinstall wont hurt you. If you are using mods such as noblur, I recommend using mod folders to ease fault finding should your copy have problems, e.g. \ArmA 2\@noblur\Addons in the case of Kegety's noblur addons. Also I strongly advise against putting anything unofficial in the ArmA 2\addons dir, however this works fine with the EN language patch.

Jamie.

For info:

I have contacted Placebo regarding the legitimacy of our servers install.

It's a valid German issue CD Key :)

I hope that clears things up. I take this matter very seriously as in my eyes these type of aspertions (however loose they may be) stick and could be potentially harmful to our clan as a whole. We do not condone illegal copies and actively ban illegal keys & persistent team killers and work with the 'doaccs' dev as indeed we have been doing for the last 2 1/2 years.

i played an official BIS SPmission in the editor- i was in a tank when this message pops up in the middle of my screen. don't know exactly on which server i was before this "illegal copy thing" happens.

the text is slightly transparent and its not really blocking my sight and the gameplay but its a bit confusing and not customer friendly.

i tried to play online but this is another little story...."receiving....receiving...and so on.

next thing: i will send placebo my key....we will see

I can confirm this is indeed one of the ways our copy protection manifests itself once it detects a copy which it thinks is illegal. Please, be sure to send us the CD key for investigation.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately with nowadays market conditions it is impossible to release a game with no protection at all (just as it is impossible not to lock your house front door). We will do our best to find a solution quickly for you.

In Canada people are said not to lock their doors. :)

Edited by kju

In Canada people are said no to lock their doors. :)

You should stop taking those Fake polictical Movies seriously especially Michael Moore.

I live in Canada and we sure the hell lock our doors too much BNE and Thefts with the Youth these days

It was a joke. ,)