Sign in to follow this  
XGS Che Guevara

I'm Now 100% Onboard With ArmA 2

yup. after seeing that i am 101% sure i will be buying this game

Beware to not base your buying on this vid alone, ArmA2 is not really this, which is an editor fun moment, it's not the campaign, nor what you'd find online.

They are moving more and more towards the point where they'd be better off calling it simply "Dragon Rising" to avoid the otherwise unavoidable comparison to OFP1, which with all the degraded difficulty and realism in DR will not turn out favorably for CM. If they just call it "Dragon Rising", it can still compete with BF/CoD, but without the expectations (which they'll never be able to meet) of an OFP title.

I was reading MP.net yesterday, and someone asked if a game was like OFP, an 8 year old game, rather than coming up with a more modern comparison (simply because most people that like the genre agree that there are none). That pretty much sums up what is expected of anything called "OFP".

Hot Damn! That guys got the same specs as me so I have hope

And all that on a game rated at 66% :rolleyes: I'd love to see their games that rate in the 70&80%, must be mindblowing stuff.

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking as I was watching the footage....damn 66%?!!!!/

I just saw
& got blown away!!!

That's how I like my mission - small cog in a big war. I hate all the sneaking around everything depends on me missions. Simulate me in a big battle - that's what i like! Looks amazing!

I just saw
& got blown away!!!

That blew me away as well. In all honesty, that is the BEST presentation of war I've ever seen in a video game.

The footage makes me sad because I'll never experience that many units on-screen for the XB360 version (I can't afford PC gaming), but at least I'll have that EPICLY awesome gameplay that BIS is known for.

Edited by XGS Che Guevara

The footage makes me sad because I'll never experience that many units on-screen for the XB360 version

There you go again. ;) Like MadMatt said many times - there is no official statement so far on a XBOX release. Nothing. Just an old announcement on TBA (To Be Announced). So it hasnt even been announced yet.

Imagine how much you loose of the ARMA experience with a console. I mean just look at the boys playing away with "AttachTo". :) Wouldnt work on a console. I see the "cant afford a pc" though. Its a shame its so expensive these days to have fun. But for a XBOX release - i think you might be boned there mate. Might.

Alex

72;1305092']There you go again. ;) Like MadMatt said many times - there is no official statement so far on a XBOX release. Nothing. Just an old announcement on TBA (To Be Announced). So it hasnt even been announced yet.

Imagine how much you loose of the ARMA experience with a console. I mean just look at the boys playing away with "AttachTo". :) Wouldnt work on a console. I see the "cant afford a pc" though. Its a shame its so expensive these days to have fun. But for a XBOX release - i think you might be boned there mate. Might.

Alex

I know it hasn't been "OFFICIALLY" announced' date=' but Marek Spanel did say that he wanted to bring ArmA 2 to the consoles and he also said that OVERALL the PC gaming market is going down hill (mainly due to piracy) and a console release makes sense financially.

But don't take my word for it. Listen to it from the horse's mouth :

[b']PLAY AT 4:16[/b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkkkKgRSU4&feature=channel_page

I read through most of the posts and didn't see a mention of this so sorry if its already been covered...

The statement from CM could be why one of the original creators of the OFP2 project, and long time fans of OFP, "Clive Lindop" left CM.

(He's now lead games designer at Crytek)

Edited by EDcase

I don't know about that, but it provides a possible explanation (as if it's any of our business).

Clive left obviously because his work was done on the project, as has been said its not uncommon for people to leave once there part is done.

But Crytek.... wow. Clive must be skilled to get a job at Crytek.

72;1305092']There you go again. ;) Like MadMatt said many times - there is no official statement so far on a XBOX release. Nothing. Just an old announcement on TBA (To Be Announced). So it hasnt even been announced yet.

Alex

Yo Alex WHY ARE YOU A HATER!

Let the boy be happy. He just found out about this game and what BOHEMIA brings to gameplay exerience plus a few bugs at first lol. He has been on the OFPDR train for a bit but now he sees the light and the truth.

There will be a XBOX 360 version. You need to get off the PC is better then the console crap. We all know the pros off the PC over the console but we aslo know the pros of the console over the PC let it be.

We are all the same community. I am a old PC OFP1 player for years and aslo OFP ELITE player for some more years. OFP played the same way on the console and pc this is a fact.

The fact is yes ARMA2 will not look as good on a console game and will have a unit cap but it will play the same and that my friend is the main point. We all want a game like this and not some run & gun crap shooter.

Just be nice and have a nice day.

cm shot the ofp franchise in the head. It's nothing serious, but it's badly bleeding.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This vid has single-handedly convinced me that ArmA 2 will be the best shooter for the next decade simply because of how epic it is.

This vid has single-handedly convinced me that ArmA 2 will be the best shooter for the next decade simply because of how epic it is.

Best shooter by showing an air battle, right.....

j/k :yay:

Best shooter by showing an air battle, right.....

j/k :yay:

Wow, many planes crashing! Lets buy it right away ;)

I'll bet there will be a mod of Battlestar Galactica. :D

Thats not Arma2 - thats an OFP:DR video! :p:p:p:p

I know it hasn't been "OFFICIALLY" announced, but Marek Spanel did say that he wanted to bring ArmA 2 to the consoles and he also said that OVERALL the PC gaming market is going down hill (mainly due to piracy) and a console release makes sense financially.

But don't take my word for it. Listen to it from the horse's mouth :

PLAY AT 4:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkkkKgRSU4&feature=channel_page

I would disagree that the PC gaming market is going down the swanny. Piracy is an excuse as if you visited Russia or China you will notice how many copied console games are flogged on the street corners!

Console games tend to have a shorter lifespan and the market also takes into account 2nd hand console games as many independent retailers make their margins on these so the figures are actually inflated.

Also PC gaming has become more of an online affair. Certainly there are a vast amount of MMO's that consume people's time and money. Whether or not you like WoW it has championed PC Gaming for the masses and shown the PC is the preferred piece of kit for 11 million + subscribers.

I personally think PC Gamers play titles (such as ArmAII) for months even years without touching another game as there is a lot more depth to them. I played FarCry 2 and whilst fun lasted about 26 hours and now sits in the box and is unlikely to be opened again. Morrowind (my longest game) sat on my PC for 2 years solid and I played pretty much nothing else.

So PC Gaming is most certainly not in decline it has just elevated itself to a new medium and is doing very well thank you.

Also PC gaming has become more of an online affair. Certainly there are a vast amount of MMO's that consume people's time and money. Whether or not you like WoW it has championed PC Gaming for the masses and shown the PC is the preferred piece of kit for 11 million + subscribers.

I personally think PC Gamers play titles (such as ArmAII) for months even years without touching another game as there is a lot more depth to them. I played FarCry 2 and whilst fun lasted about 26 hours and now sits in the box and is unlikely to be opened again. Morrowind (my longest game) sat on my PC for 2 years solid and I played pretty much nothing else.

that is the problem. those aren't the people who buy a new game every month or so.

So PC Gaming is most certainly not in decline it has just elevated itself to a new medium and is doing very well thank you.

yes, it is. you'd have to be blind not to see it. nowadays, most games are developed for the xbox360 and the PS3 first. the PC may then get a port, or not. next up is additional content, which is also primarily developed for consoles, often exclusively for consoles.

just look at traditional PC gaming genres. flight sims have almost disappeared completely. so have tank sims, sub sims, or the classical Baldur's Gate style RPG. the same with the traditional tactics shooter.

PC sales numbers for multiplatform games pale in comparison to console numbers.

Edited by Fred DM

I don't think that there are far less tactical games or simulators. I think it's just the point that these markets have propably zero marketing, so only 0.01% of all gamers are aware of such titles.

Also, I might agree, that multiplatform titles do pale in comparison against consoles, but you see console gamer buy just anything and pay even extra for DLC and small content, while we PC gamers, we are not into this DLC crap, nor we buy every single released game.

On PC, I just believe people have broader taste in games, think of bullet hell shooters, looks like niche, but has huge following around the globe. (Touhou).

I mean there are more different genres and Flash games (only-FPS games just won't cut it alone) played daily than any console game to date (they're also free), does that still mean that PC gaming is in decline? or is that PR shit from console companies. :/

Does this decline appear in sales? because of sales? or because majority of gamers play free games :/

Edited by Raphier

I read through most of the posts and didn't see a mention of this so sorry if its already been covered...

The statement from CM could be why one of the original creators of the OFP2 project, and long time fans of OFP, "Clive Lindop" left CM.

(He's now lead games designer at Crytek)

Well, it is usual that a criminal leaves the crime scene asap. :D

Clive left obviously because his work was done on the project, as has been said its not uncommon for people to leave once there part is done.

But Crytek.... wow. Clive must be skilled to get a job at Crytek.

ROFL Yes, is done in the opinion of himself, IMHO he did not even started.

It is ok that he drags down Crytek. I guess BIS is paying Clive to destroy all competitors over the time. :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek:

Well, it is usual that a criminal leaves the crime scene asap. :D

ROFL Yes, is done in the opinion of himself, IMHO he did not even started.

It is ok that he drags down Crytek. I guess BIS is paying Clive to destroy all competitors over the time. :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek:

I think Crytek is a perfect fit for someone coming from OFDR.

What's CM's apparent strategy for "building" on OFP? "Oooh, look at the pretty graphics! I'm gunna shoot meh that red barrel. Mmmmmm.... fiiii-iiire."

IMO, the main thing that people point to when discussing Crytek's work is how it (game, engine, Cevat's Italian shoes, etc.) "looks." Which... I mean, it's cool. But, I found Crysis to be pretty boring. A very sexy version of Halo, more or less.

So, yeah. A good place for someone from Dragon Rising to land.

I think Crytek is a perfect fit for someone coming from OFDR.

What's CM's apparent strategy for "building" on OFP? "Oooh' date=' look at the pretty graphics! I'm gunna shoot meh that red barrel. Mmmmmm.... fiiii-iiire."

IMO, the main thing that people point to when discussing Crytek's work is how it (game, engine, Cevat's Italian shoes, etc.) "looks." Which... I mean, it's cool. But, I found Crysis to be pretty boring. [b']A very sexy version of Halo, more or less.[/b]

So, yeah. A good place for someone from Dragon Rising to land.

I agree completely.