Sign in to follow this  
Marccom

I´ll be back - Terminator stuff in ARMA II

Hi,

How about discussing mission templates for Term. scenarios?

Is welcome, but not my business. i have no further knowledge about mission scripting yet.

At the moment it is more important for me to understand the ARMA2 unit system.

I figured out that ARMA2 has some new classes that have to be mentioned btw changed in the addons config.cpp.

further some old config words are unguilty in ARMA2.

f.e. "side" is now "faction"

...so further it is not side= "TEast"(OPFOR) or "TWest"(BLUEFOR) and so on.

Instead it is faction="RU" (Russian/OPFOR), ..."USMC" (BLUEFOR), ..."GUE" or ..."ZIV"

Changing the requiredversion to 1.0 (instead of 1.14 or something like that)

and changing the factions is not enough at my Terminators.

Think that there is something wrong with some classes.

I will search for them some later.

need some sleep.

Greets

Marc

)rStrangelove;1313436']It's the same with the Aliens movies btw: Cameron's ALIENS was awesome' date=' every other Alien title is a desaster storywise and totally lacking atmosphere.[/quote']

Alien rocked hard.

I just saw Salvation. Story and acting kinda sucked (especially Bale, who is normally one of my favorites)... But the visuals and action were amazing! Really planted you firmly in the destruction and desolation of machine-ruled 2018.

As far as addons, I'd personally love to see some absolutely beat-to-hell A-10 Warthogs, as depicted in that movie. Those A-10s had so much character, they may have even delivered a better performance than some of the actors. :rofl:

That and some grizley T-600s of course.

edit:

Regarding AI, seems like the huminoid terminators probably need a different fsm than normal arma soldiers. I.e. Not really needing to take cover and such.

Edited by MadRussian

Alien rocked hard.

Not possible...ther were no terminators ;-)

@madrussian

i didnt seen T4 yet, but i think i will change that more or less quite soon.

it will definitely have some influence on my addons.

Nevertheless i guess T2 will stay the center of my plans.

Greets

Marc

)rStrangelove;1313436']It's the same with the Aliens movies btw: Cameron's ALIENS was awesome' date=' every other Alien title is a desaster storywise and totally lacking atmosphere.

[/quote']

How I miss the various old Aliens mod team...

Dropships, pulse rifes and APC's oh my!

As much as i like SciFi / Fantasy / Horror addons, i have to say they mostly don't fit because you need a whole modpack (islands, missions) to create a proper movie atmosphere.

That's why i think it's not enough to just release a T800 and/or a HK Tank. It's a start though.

That's why i think it's not enough to just release a T800 and/or a HK Tank. It's a start though.

the end of the addon plan is of course a modpack to produce that atmosphere as close as possible.

But that will take time and it is necessary to make one step after another.

So for the next weeks or month it will automatically come that you are quite right.

First Pics

fgaeihbqgu.jpg

vumwntzyyn.jpg

how already sometimes mentioned:

the gatlingrifle will have no future and will be replaced

cant you just make totaly new models using the new Oxygen when it is released?

as much as i love your work, its an eyesore seeing a port of flashpoint in ARMA and ARMA2.

@kolt

when you're not knowing details it is sometimes better to be quiet.

this T800 are months and uncountable nights of work and are definitely not converted from OFP.

take a look at the OFP-Terminators and then take a look at this ones. there are quite less similaritys.

Nevertheless the work of xavier was very good, for what was possible in OFP.

loved his Terminators much and they were a strong inspiration.

Edited by Marccom

Looking pretty good to me! :cool:

edit:

Especially with all the new building destruction in ArmA2... can't wait to run like hell with those terminators knocking holes in all the buildings.

Edited by MadRussian

Yeah, looks perfect to me. I hardly see what's left to do with your T800 - looks like ready for release. *hint hint* :D

Thanks a lot. Thats very nice.

portet from OFP *pah*

REady that is not really. seems to me ARMA 2 reads out textures and matconfig some brighter as ARMA1. At days the T800 are shining too bright. Thats not looking very nice.

I have to change that first and some other things.

Greets

Marc

i was hating on you man. and i didnt know.

I love you, too

P.S.:You were hating on me? What does it mean in detail?

Edited by Marccom

that´s great news :yay:

As a Terminator fan I´d always loved your T800 Terminator in Arma 1.........it made so much fun playing him (or against him)

:coop: :681:

I´m glad to hear that you will release em soon for Arma2.

it is an impertinence to say the T800 looks like an OFP conversion :mad:

Keep on with the good work!!!

btw: I have one of the original USA made T2 daggers made by "United Cutlery" as seen in the 1991 T2 Judgment Day movie........in the scene in which Arnie went to the biker-bar to get a new dress....in a fight scene he rams one of the attackers a knife through his shoulder and nails the guy on the billiard table.

This would be a nice accessorie for an Arnie-T800 in Arma2 ;)

T2 dagger scene pictures

Edited by ganimed1976

@ganimed1976

thats very nice.i appreciate that.

there is still some work to do and the M101 is still not working fine.

the knife is not bad. we'll see.

@zeoboromir

It´s great but... the skull is stranger or not???

How do you mean that or do you mean that something is looking strange?

the shape or textures?

there will be some changes...the mats need resetting and the textures some improvements.

@all

i am working on a new gatling gun.

Model base is the TC_Minigun. But this model is too big, because the base is the M134 (human handling impossible).

I changed some model parts and made the weapon shorter and some parts smaller to get a model similar to (X)M214. some testures will be reworked and i will try to make some tracers like my gatlingrifle in ARMA1. At present time this tarcers are all not working in ARMA2...maybe there are some new commands in the configs. I'll try to find that.

Greets

Marc

Well Marccom,

your T800 model looks just great. I hardly can await to see those beauties as opponents ingame :cool:

One little complaint though:

Somehow I´m missin this typical Terminator bad grinning (maybe just strech up the outer parts of the eyeholes to get that bad grin effect?). Also the chin looks like it should be streched down a little bit and be wider imho (to reflect that masculinum look) ;)

Just my suggestion though.

Edited by Cyclone83

maybe the skull is a slight bit too small?

or just a bad pic on that regard

looks damn good though

it's made with a shiny material though, right?

If you make it with a shiny material- that is a material with an environment applied to it, you'll probably want to make the texture plain chrome (that is white or grey or perhaps slightly light blue) with only lines defining the different plates, breaks, and recesses in the surface. Then the game engine will take care of the reflections you have 'baked on' or painted in to your diffuse map. If you do this you will probably want an AS map for your unit aswell.

*thread with point of interest deleted*

Edited by Marccom

@Marccom

Dont listen to Kolt! Sounds like he's jealous.

Your work is pretty cool! Looking forward to your addons!

Keep on the good work!

@cyclone83

thanks for nice words first.

to your complain:

i am not really sure what you mean. maybe you can show me a movieshot or something like that to explain.

to the "masculinium look" read my answer to sholios state

@sholio

thanks a lot.

it is poosible that you are right that the head seems to be a bit small.

the whole skeleton with head inclusive is configured that it can be hided under a muscoulus builded BI-Soldier.

For standard BISoldier the T800-skeleton is already to big.

Just take a look on movieshots of T2 and so on, and you will see that the blank T800 skeletons are not very big looking.

@MaxPower

no...the T800 Skeletons shouldnt look plain chrome.

I wish them to look a little bit battleproofed.

Actually it is the problem that the color is a little too bright and so it is looking like white and grey (just how you said). I have to change the color a little bit darker and set the shining little lower.

@mrDuebel

thanks a lot. i will do it

Now i have to reconfiguer my system first. I have loaded the windows 7 test client some weeks ago and it is time to go back to my vista version.

Greets

Marc

Edited by Marccom
fast preanswer