Sign in to follow this  
Marccom

I´ll be back - Terminator stuff in ARMA II

Hey guys,

i just closed the inbetween quite old thread in ARMA-Forum.

I wont do any further work for ARMA. sorry.

Well, but here i am.

But i am really unsure. I have ARMA II now and it is quite good though some is still quite bad, but the point is:

1. What to do, what do i have to wait for and what do i have to collect to begin my work for ARMA II?

2. is Oxygen 2 still usable or will there be a new, better version?

3. how long will it take till new bohemia tool packs will be published?

what of the old is still usable?

Who of your good informed guys can tell me something about that?

What is new, what is old? I actually cant find the right answers in the stuff that is actual in the new forums here.

I hope somebody can and will answer my questions. links to other threads would be helpful, too. Can be that i am getting blind ;-)

What do you think about the possibility to realize some major wishes from the old terminator project?...like redview, individual voices, better anims like onehandled weapons, woundtextures, ...?

I hope all the guys from the last thread are still interested in and maybe some more.

Greets

Marc

To be honest, a few more of skynets minion's would be grande.. for example a HK.. those termies need some air support!

yeah a flying terminator machine would be awesome :D

Would make one myself if i took same time to maybe :D

I'd like to see more different machines like those from the game Terminator-FutureShock back then >> time-travel-click <<

Seekers: were flying mines, waiting for you behind rubble. (30cm)

Raptors: 2 legged mechs with a cannon (2m high)

H/K Scout: little patrol version of the flying H/K (4m?)

Something like that. Can't wait to see some things in ArmA2. :)

Hey!!! That is not an addon-request-thread!!!

Build your crazy shit by yourself!!!

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Just kidding :-)

But i would prefer to read somthing about the future of ARMA II Modding.

Are there any informations about tools and so on?

Nobody an idea what to start with?

Greets

Marc

No news about new tools yet but kegeteys released an updated version of his arma tools.

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

Updates in 6.6.2009 release:

- cpbo now has an optional GUI for selecting files to extract

- PAAplug support for loading ArmA 2 LZO compressed PAA files

- PAAPlug fix for FLAG tag saving (mipmap filtering)

)rStrangelove;1304717']I'd like to see more different machines like those from the game Terminator-FutureShock back then

Oh my god I remember that game! A veritable classic!

Marccom, I know it's not really what you're looking for, but if you hunt down the old Terminator addons for OFP they had quite a good idea with the weapons optics. Basically it looked like one of the films terminator perspectives with Data on either side of the hud and the like!

Hi,

sure i know the Terminator addons for OFP.

I just had contact with the maker when i started my terminator project for ARMA1.

My Lasergun for ARMA1 Terminators is the same weapon with original textures and shape.

The thing with the T800-internal-redview implemented in weaponssight is not really good. Because it is the internalview of the terminator...not of the weapon. If a normal soldier (resistance f.e.) would take this weapon, he would had the internal-redview of the terminator,too. What would be quite nonsens and is definetly not what i want.

My priority is to make new better looking terminators with better anims for ARMA2 and with more spec effects.

Further i want go on there where i ended with addons at ARMA1:

- finish T800 M101 with wound textures that will show T800 skeleton underneath

- finish Harley Fat Boy with correct seating position

- make new minigun with M234-shape

- improve Lasergun

- finish some resistance soldiers

- make some resistance vehicles

- make some further terminator models (showing in salvation and other)

- make some terminator airvehicles

- make some weapons

That is the plan.

Greets

Marc

I'm not too familiar with terminator, but do you just want the view to be red in colour, or are you trying to simulate a digital readout?

Abs

He wants both i think.

Someone in another post just mentioned we could change the screen color by a script (on the fly i guess). In MP this could be done locally of course, so only Skynet forces would be seeing this effect. Just an idea.

The Arma Tools should work oki for getting the models into Arma II! Just a few config edits here and their and they should be in a playable.

Hi,

@abs

the poster after you is just right. i want both.

Though it would be enough to simulate some dynamic data lines in the view.

just like it was already possible at Vehicles in ARMA1.

To make real just concrete analysis data displayed is too difficult and one wish too much, i guess.

@strangelove

maybe that is possible. we shoud try that.

@G-Xavion

i am planning now to try that and want begin with Oxygen2.

I just realized that all my weapons made for ARMA1 are also quite nice working in ARMA2.

I read that the anims of soldierbody is quite another than in ARMA1.

I will made some tests about it.

Did already somebody try to read out some soldier.pbo and loading it with Oxygen?

Greets

Marc

hey I just watched the new terminator movie :D

there is lots of cool things that could be done but I dunno they seem difficult :D

But something are already in Arma 1 and 2 that was in the movie, there was blackhawks, A-10's and huey's and you could probably use some of the defualt weapons from Arma 2 as resistance weapons. M16's m4's m203's and m134's and equip one of the terminators with the minigun from the blackhawk :D

Oh sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant the T600s from the first film or something when you said "ole". My mistake, especially as you don't see T-600s before T4.

there were no T600 in the first 3 Terminator parts

Yup. In the first movie Kyle Reese mentioned the 600 series when he escaped with Sarah into the parking deck - apparently they had a rubber skin and were easily detected by daylight.

I'd love to see a custom island being made for the new addons - totally filled with rubble and ruins. Some hidden underground entrances to rooms where you can reply & rest (scripted). Whenever you go outside a script generates random encounters for you. That would be oversome.

Btw: i still own the Miniatures Combat system sourcebook "Terminator2 -Year of Darkness" by Leading Edge Games. If someone needs infos about weapons, vehicles, soldier types, battle timeline, special battle tips & tricks etc etc PM me.

Edited by ])rStrangelove

I am in contact with somebody, who wants to build a modding company with me.

salvation should be a base. maps and so on shall be inserted in the plan, too.

But that shouldnt be underestimated. Bulidling maps like this mean a lot of work and will end in a longterm project.

I will make some tests with my existing models first.

i am just reinstalling some tools.

greets

Marc

i would love to see some HK tanks.

mabey some terminators from T4 like the T600's and T700's, or even if the HARVESTOR is possible.

DEFINATLY A HK TANK

)rStrangelove;1311521']Yup. In the first movie Kyle Reese mentioned the 600 series when he escaped with Sarah into the parking deck - apparently they had a rubber skin and were easily detected by daylight.

I'd love to see a custom island being made for the new addons - totally filled with rubble and ruins. Some hidden underground entrances to rooms where you can reply & rest (scripted). Whenever you go outside a script generates random encounters for you. That would be oversome.

Btw: i still own the Miniatures Combat system sourcebook "Terminator2 -Year of Darkness" by Leading Edge Games. If someone needs infos about weapons' date=' vehicles, soldier types, battle timeline, special battle tips & tricks etc etc PM me.[/quote']

That's what I didn't get regarding the design choices of the t4 people. No amount of rubber skin is going to disguise gattling gun hands of those t600s, nor their ridiculous, hulking forms. I would have liked to see something more along the lines of what James Cameron wrote about in the Terminator. Stupid McG.

thats right.

i dont understand that, too.

further i didnt understand, why James Cameron didnt made T3 and T4.

I am sure that would be better for the quality and storyline of the movies.

I tried to convert the mod yesterday. all weapons are working, the units not.

no fialure messages but were not found in editor or weapons room.

It's the same with the Aliens movies btw: Cameron's ALIENS was awesome, every other Alien title is a desaster storywise and totally lacking atmosphere.

About the unit converting: i'd wait until either somebody figures out how to do it or BIS releases the official ArmA2 tools. Do what you can do now, do the rest when the time is right.

How about discussing mission templates for Term. scenarios?