Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

3D-Real time editor

Soooo.

If I get this correct, I take some txt out of the original script that 3d editor makes and make it look like this

_center_1 = East;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_1;

_group_1 = createGroup _center_1;

_unit_29 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = _group_0 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_Officer", [673.64905, 13946.498], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_29 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};

Then I make an Init.sqf and have nothing else inside it (providing I have no other scripts to start up) but this.

execVM "whatevername.sqf"

and if I wanna have the mission when finished, on a dedicated, I type this

if (isserver) then {execVM "whatevername.sqf";};

Have I understood the coding and all correctly now????

If so thanks a lot for your help.

If I have understood it wrong, then again thanks for your help, I will now go in the corner of shame and think about what I have done.

Well actually the file that 3d editor saves is allready a sqf file. All you need to do is make a init.sqf containing

if (isserver) then {execVM "3DEditorScript.sqf";};

// Now "if" you werent aware of this allready, if (isserver) then {} means that the code thats run inside {} is only run by the server and all other clients do not. So it doesnt matter if its singleplayer or multiplayer. That line of code ensures that the script is only run on the server. This avoids silly events of things spawning multiple times because without it you might end up having all connected clients running the spawn scripts and you would have script * clients crashing your server.

and thats it, now when you run your 2d editor mission with that init file it will spawn everything you created in the 3D Editor.

Edited by Provac

That's a pretty bad idea.

The mission.sqf calls runInitScript which runs init.sqf (which runs mission.sqf, which runs init.sqf, which runs mission.sqf, and so on...).

So you better remove the runInitScript command from the mission.sqf before running it from init.sqf.

i have run it with a trigger.

But if the mission is startet and the trigger ist aktivated, it does not on work.

how is it possible that I can run the server skript and then get the units to the client's

That's a pretty bad idea.

The mission.sqf calls runInitScript which runs init.sqf (which runs mission.sqf, which runs init.sqf, which runs mission.sqf, and so on...).

So you better remove the runInitScript command from the mission.sqf before running it from init.sqf.

Thats true, I had this happen to me before and I checked it out. As long as you remove the fishy shit in the bottom its the best method for me at least. Its also a really good feature to create custom spawns at any time during a mission.

Well, I move some of those lines in 3dscript, and did as you guys said, and it works very good, in 2d editor for preview anyways, I have not yet tested as MP, as I mostly aim for MP missions, but I must say though that I find the 3d editor to be superb for templates, and then I do the rest in 2d editor(the normal one)

When the features for the 3d editor becomes more clear and out in the open I am sure it will be a lot more GOOD missions for ArmA 2 then ArmA 1 ever provided...

Ah the days of OFP and FDF WW2 mod..... I miss them :)

Thanks for all you help guys, superb.

Hi all!

I released a little "BI3DE Update" wich removes minor errors (i only say "disableSerialization").

On the other hand, it "really" enables the "DynO Grabber".

After you work with this update, the "DynO Grabber" writes the collected data to "Arma2.rpt".

You can read more about it and download it from here:

@BI3DE Upate 0.1

Have fun !

i have problems editing the mission i created in the 3d editor.

whenever i try to open it in 2d editor it says the file is write protected.... but it isnt. at least not the file itself.

i have made an init.sqf and it should work (mission works as is) but cant open it in the editor

i have problems editing the mission i created in the 3d editor.

whenever i try to open it in 2d editor it says the file is write protected.... but it isnt. at least not the file itself.

i have made an init.sqf and it should work (mission works as is) but cant open it in the editor

You should read the previous posts a little more carefully, it clearly states that the sqf file that is generated from the 3D editor is a spawn script of everything youve made. It doesn't create a mission file.

Here is a quick step by step, for more information look at previous posts in this topic.

1. Open 3D Editor

2. Do your thing in 3D Editor

3. Save your stuff in 3D Editor

4. Open regular 2D Editor

5. Save 2D Editor Mission

6. Go to the folder with your 3D Editor save name

7. Copy mission.sqf to your 2D Editor mission folder

8. Rename mission sqf to whatever you want

9. Create init sqf in 2D Editor saved mission

10. Put in if (isserver) then {execVM "3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf";};

11. Open 3deditorcopy_of_mission.sqf and delete bottom 3 initiation lines.

12. Preview the mission from 2D Editor.

Voila all your saved stuff from the 3D editor should now spawn in your mission.

Please note that there is no need for a mission to have a SQM file. Having a mission.sqf is enough (here's an example for ArmA).

The problem with the 3D editor is that if you export the mission the resulting PBO contains an empty mission.sqf (and A2 will crash when you try to play it).

So you add the content of the SQM in the end of the SQF or? Sorry but im kinda a noob when it comes to what your talking about and to top it off i dont have ARMA2 yet lol. But im trying to gather loads of info and put it down so im ready when i buy it 6 days from now.

Any easier clarification on this would be very appreciated. :)

Thanks.

Alex

yea, i had some comprehension problems :D

but i got my head around it now :D

Hmm.. Ok, i got it working, but when i got in preview in 2D editor, the game just freezes just as the game fully loads and enters first person view in your player. I can just barely see the weapon and such, and just.. Freeze. Any ideas? Game runs fine otherwise on my rig.

I needed to delete the beginning of the SQF file. The "addons" stuff.

Edited by MugAben

Did anyone try to place guerilla on the map using 3D editor? For me all other forces (East and West) work fine. But guerillas just disappear in the 3D view mode. How can I avoid this problem?

The 3D editor doesnt make a mission file, it just creates a spawn scripts for everything youve placed in the map.

I suggest making your units, waypoints and some other stuff in the 3d editor then open the folder and check your saved mission. It contains a mission.sqf file. This is the spawn script for all youve done in the 3D Editor.

Now open up regular 2D editor and save the map, place the SQF from the 3D editor in there and run that SQF from the init file.

Now I suggest deleting the player code from that sqf and place a new one in the 2D editor part of your mission. Now when you run a preview it will spawn everything you made in the 3D editor in the 2D editor.

If you check the campaign missions thats the way BIS has done it for their missions. Might sound complicated but its really easy and it adds so much to mission design making this thing pure gold.

GOOD LUCK! :D

I guess i'm doing something wrong or i don't understand what your saying. Anyway i did what i had to do in the 3d mission editor.

I go to the folder with "mission" made in the 3d editor..it has a mission.sqf file and a mission.biedi file.

Now what do i need to do so it will run in the 2d editor and i can actually play it?

i read somewhere (some official anouncement about it) they are going to improve the usefulness of the 3-d editor in a later stage

Man I hope so...this is really neat stuff !!

damn it really works.

arma22009061012210882.th.png arma22009061012205799.th.png arma22009061012204894.th.png

arma22009061012202605.th.png arma22009061012175128.th.png

Now we need some one which can use the system and improve it.

I take it ALT-E doesn't work in Arma 2

I take it ALT-E doesn't work in Arma 2

Try again, it works.

Try again, it works.

OK, you've got to run that from the Main Menu then it works...

Wow this thing actually seems to even work with the old Arma1 islands and map addons as well. Its obviously not quite finished, but even as a work in progress this thing seems to be amazingly powerful. I can understand why they didn't want to advertise it in this unfinished and unrefined state, but even so it seems to have pretty impressive potential, just a bummer the need to do the switch to 2d ordinary editor and have to script it into the mission.sqf, but hey, its work in progress.

*edit* Okay been fiddling around trying to replicate Provac's instructions, but can't get it working. I'm assuming its something I've done wrong with the init.sqf file, but not sure what.

if (isServer) then

{

execVM "mission1.sqf";

};

That's what the sum total of my init.sqf looks like, I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong there but not sure what.

Edited by r3volution

The thing is, how to you get units and groups to put into the 3d editor map? Do you just have to know the names or is there a way to bring up the menu of their names in the editor to select from?

And will somebody please describe to me what Dyno Grabber is and does?

3736688572_4bbeb607de_o.jpg

Edited by Cadmium77

I just dont get it...

I have a mission.sqf from the 3D editor:

activateAddons [

];

activateAddons [];

initAmbientLife;

_this = createCenter west;

_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_0 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = _group_0 createUnit ["FR_TL", [3613.6836, 3598.5005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_0 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};

};

_vehicle_1 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["EvKobalt", [3572.2268, 3642.4854, 9.8174973], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_1 = _this;

_this setDir -233.54526;

_this setVehicleVarName "evi1";

evi1 = _this;

_this setVehicleInit "this addaction [""Beweis einsammeln"", ""collect.sqf""];";

};

_vehicle_2 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["EvMap", [3571.4373, 3642.2744, 9.8118429], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_2 = _this;

_this setDir -184.6682;

};

_vehicle_5 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["SatPhone", [3567.9758, 3644.4797, 9.7982769], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_5 = _this;

_this setDir -76.225792;

};

processInitCommands;

runInitScript;

finishMissionInit;

Now i have a player in the 2D editor already. I just want the "vehicle" stuff in my Mission.

What do i have to delete, what to copy into my 2D Mission Folder and what comes into the init.sqf ?

Ok, i see my problem is something different.

I place the Objects in the 3D Editor (on a table in a house) and save the file. then i load it and...the objects are somewhere else but not where i placed them.

Have i to do something special ?

my 3d editor looks nothing like that is it because im in england?

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

im talking about cadmium77 first screenshots