Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Footmunch/eddyD F-16 in ArmA 2

Hey all

Footmunch F-16 have a new facelift .

I have make two new versions , a update F-16C and new F-16D version.

Still many works on the models , textures .

Myke is working on the cockpit and configs.

here is a ingame screenshot watch out size is over 200KB

http://edit.hostbasket.com/eddyd.be/edd_f16.jpg

cya

eddyD

Great Stuff can't wait for this watching for it every day! Keep up the great work! :bounce3:

Hell yeah! Glad to see twin-seater :) One question: will it have ability of dual control, or second pilot will be weapons operator?

Yeah cant wait for Myke to release this uber updated baby. :) What i know so far of the cockpit is just wow. The best guys at work. ;)

The F16 doesn't work for me if it's AI.

When I place a F16 for CAS and the plane starts firing than it explodes in the air and crashes. It works fine with the other planes.

other mods: vilas proj 85, mma, GL4.

Tino

@TBuck

could you please send me a sample mission to verify this? Would have the exact same conditions as you have to check what goes wrong.

Hi Myke,

I don't get much time for playing ( heavily pregnant wife ;) ).

Today I try to figure out the problem by separating the mods.

Cross your fingers for me! ;)

Tino

@TBuck

i'll cross fingers for all 3 of you. ;)

Hoepfully your Missus is doing well, also your soon-take-away-your-sleep son/daughter/TBD. I know what you're in, had the same situation in november 2006. :D

My best wishes to you all.

Just pass me more info just as soon you find time to.

The F16 doesn't work for me if it's AI.

When I place a F16 for CAS and the plane starts firing than it explodes in the air and crashes. It works fine with the other planes.

other mods: vilas proj 85, mma, GL4.

Tino

It's probably something with mma, or the way it's set up. It sounds like a rocket/missile is spawning to close to the plane. I remember having this happen in A1 with his script suite version when I had the numbers wrong in the code. I'd blow up when I fired because it wasn't configured for the vehicle I was using and the model was more or less in the way. I don't recall seeing this in A2 at all so I could be wrong. Just take away mma and try it.

Is it happening when you take control of the F16 CAS?

I could be way off with the mma thing but it's all I can think of.

@Manzilla: you are right, disabling mma solve the problem

@Myke:

this is my command line:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -maxmem=2048 -cpucount=4 -mod=@CBA;@GL4;@mma;@mma_xeh;@F16

(I renamed the original Grouplink4 and the F16 folder as you can see)

latest versions for all mods and public patch 1.05 for Arma

The F16 comes in, turns around and tries to attack the two BTRs, but than the F16 expode.

My view distance is at 10k for that mission to follow the F16.

here the link tor the mission on Utes:

http://senduit.com/118fa8

Tino

Edited by TBuck

@TBuck

Sorry mate, completely forgot about you. Shame on me. However, i can't download the mission @file-upload, it gives me "server-error" message. Can you please upload it to www.senduit.com for me again please?

@All

Sorry for the delay, things take much more time than i expected, especially with the "look&feel" that i have in mind for the final version. You might have took notice of this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95649

These gauges and Instruments i've created for the F-16 mainly, the standalone release is more of a sideeffect.

Actually i'm doin the "second pack" for the release (which means that i constantly work on the F-16).

By curiosity i tried to count how many animations the final cockpit will include, not counted anims like canopy or gear or flaps, simply instruments animated: 132 animated parts.

Here a pic of the second pack i'm preparing (and which will be in the F-16 aswell):

372-2nd_gaugepack.jpg

I'm really sorry for the delay. I just started with modelling a few weeks ago with 0 knowledge so the first attempts weren't good enough for me. So i've started over several times to make sure i really do use my full (although still limited) knowledge to create the best possible result. And i think the best Game-community of the world deserves only the best. :D

Oh, and if you want to leave a comment, please don't state it as "nice..." as this word has some serious negative vibes these days. :D

Excellent work Myke, really looking forward to this. I hope people can make good use of the instruments and gages in other aircraft. Hats off to a very cool "side effect" one way or the other. ;)

New-b question: Does this work along with ACE2 ? :)

Just try it. ;)

I'm not too sure. I think it still needs an ACE2 config to be completely compatible if it isn't already. I still use it with ACE2. I haven't seen any problems off hand but I've only played with it a few times.

New-b question: Does this work along with ACE2 ? :)

The actual version "in the wild" has a bug that you can't eject. This will be fixed in the next version.

But one can argue where the problem really lies:

at the addon that uses standard BIS procedures or

at the addon that completely breaks BIS procedures and messes up 3rd party addons aswell.

The actual version "in the wild" has a bug that you can't eject. This will be fixed in the next version.

But one can argue where the problem really lies:

at the addon that uses standard BIS procedures or

at the addon that completely breaks BIS procedures and messes up 3rd party addons aswell.

Very true, unfortunately they've gone and created an amazing enhancement of A2. Anything you can do to help with the compatibility would be greatly appreciated. I hear you though.

Thanks for keeping us ACE2 players in mind!

The F16 comes in, turns around and tries to attack the two BTRs, but than the F16 expode.

It was MMA spawning the "alive" missiles too close to the F16's body, fixed already, expect an update for this weekend.

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but:

I have downloaded the F16 addon by [GLT]Myke.

It works fine, but in the editor, the planes are all in a different section.

With that I mean that theres the side(blufor)->and then the faction. But for each version of the plane there is a different faction. It's not really a big deal but for me it would be great if they could all be in Blufor->USMC->Air.

I found a stringtable.csv in the addon, should the changes be made there? and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolai

Hi Nicolai,

no, the stringtable wont help you to clean up classnames, you would have to apply changes in the config, which isn't recommended as the addon would no longer match with it's sign file (no connect to MP server which do check for signed addons) or you could do a replacement addon which moves all F-16's into the same faction (as side is already similar).

In the upcoming version, the F-16 is no longer cluttered into different factions but it will surely take a while (i hope that i can finish it in less than 2 months). If you have patience, you might wait for the update/rework. If not, i would suggest to go the replacement way. Hopefully someone can give you at least a template on how to do it.

Ok I will wait untill the next version, It's not really a big deal compared to the superb addon. I think the planes are awesome :icon_smile:

Thanks!

Nicolai

A friend does new sounds for the F-16. Here a demo of what he's doin. Enjoy

97dQT_eHd6o