Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Footmunch/eddyD F-16 in ArmA 2

I mean, do they really lower the chance of getting hit, or the missiles still go straight for the plane ?

Haven't been shot down once with F16 tbh, so yeah they work.

they work but they have some "balancing adjustements" so the F-16 is not invulvernable but chances to survive are higher than without flares.

First of all, the F-16 has a limited amount of flares (64 for now, may raise in a future version to 128) and per activation 16 flares are dropped. Sadly they can't be refilled in it's current state so this is surely another point to improve in a upcoming version.

Second balancing adjustements (hardcore sim and realism fans: stop reading here) is that the spoofing script needs some re-init time (not really, just for balancing) about 2-3 seconds. If 2 missiles are launched within 2 seconds, the first missile is detected by the system and probably (still a random chance that missile does not react to flares) spoofed while the second is completely untouched by the flares system and therefor the probabillity of a hit is much greater. Keep this in mind when fighting against a F-16. ;)

I know this is far from every realism and surely could be done much better and probably on a later stage i might redo the complete system but for now this is how it works.

Oh, and of course, if no flares are left, no spoofing will happen.

So the final version isnt final after all. :)

Is it possible, that apart from the improved flare system, you add a joystick to the cockpit and make the engine glowing when turned on? Like on the F-35.

So the final version isnt final after all.

"Final" for me means everything works as supposed and doesn't throw errors and therefor it is "ready to be used". But as you surely know, there's always room for improvement.

For the joystick and the engine glowing, i'm not a modeller so i have to see from where i could "borrow" these things (with permissions of course) and if i can include it into the model. I'll look for it but can't make promises yet.

Well the russians dont use are F-16s they got there own and insurgents should have low end jets from russia. Love the F-16s now whats we need is some fighter pilots to go with them:butbut:

ok, i have re-edited the mod for an enemy F-16, now both sides can have F-16 and target lock eachother, great for a fair dogfighting !! :)

Edited by WWIII

You can group the plane with a east soldier that has 0% probability to exist. Then the plane is on the other side. Or you can "movindriver" a east pilot into an empty F16. No need to mod :)

I have not been to one server that has these in it?

Are these mods for single player only?

Same with the little birds mod???

Addons aren't used that often on public servers (besides big mods like ACE) because they require all players to have the addon downloaded and installed. They are more common on private servers.

I cannot for the love of all that is holy, find the USAF in the afactions drop down. I have everythihng in the correct folder and am using Arma II launcher to load in game. Any help please?

This is very excellent...

Now for a suggestion: If it is possible, could you make Two-seater versions of this baby? BLUFOR Needs a Multi-seat jet BAD!

This is very excellent...

Now for a suggestion: If it is possible, could you make Two-seater versions of this baby? BLUFOR Needs a Multi-seat jet BAD!

and do you have photos of the rear cockpit ?

I cannot for the love of all that is holy, find the USAF in the afactions drop down. I have everythihng in the correct folder and am using Arma II launcher to load in game. Any help please?

Somethings going on there. It's under:

Side: Blufor

Faction: U.S. Air Force

U.S. Air Force (Black)

U.S. Air Force (Grey)

Try it with out the launcher once, just the shortcut. If it still doesn't work then double check the mod folder structure. Make sure it's:

@YourFolderName/AddOns

This side is all about the F-16

here is the link http://www.f-16.net/

there is also info over F-35 and F-22 on that side

go info hunting :)

cya

eddyD

Edited by eddyD

@Mondkalb

No it doesn't. This marking i'll keep for claninternal use, public variant will have a more neutral marking. It is WIP.

@eddyD

Good point. At first i would reply that Sidewinders in Wingtips is common loadout but then a google picture search showed me that mostly AMRAAM's are on Wingtips.

However, for me there are 2 reasons why i've put Sidewinders:

- AIM9 are close range missiles while the AIM120 is designed for BVR Combat. So for most missions a AIM9 seems to make more sens than a AIM120 (i'm guessing that, no pro here)

- For me personally, the quite smaller AIM9 looks visually better on the Wingtips than the AIM120.

Might be change, i'll surely think about it.

@ZiiiP

The F-16 is equiped with a M61A1 Cannon including 500rounds. So i don't know what you mean.

I will try if i can manage this. I'm not a pro modder, i'm just fiddling with Footmunchs model which was improved by Snake Man. But i'll put it on my TODO list.

Unlike how the pilot has his hands, the F-16 has no center stick but throttle control on the left and flight control stick on the right. As i wrote above, i'm not a modder and honestly the benefit to include those details is...well, quite low. However, i will see if i can find another pilot position which fits better.

@Schilly

Didnt made any in-depth tests but now a quick trial-and-error session showed me that it needs a setvehicleammo 0 command prior to reloading new weapons. The following code worked for me:

_plane = _this select 0;
_plane setVehicleAmmo 0;
_maglist = ["500Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT", "2Rnd_Sidewinder_GLT", "2Rnd_AIM120_GLT", "2Rnd_Maverick_GLT", "2Rnd_Mk82_GLT"];
_weplist = ["GLT_M61A1", "GLT_SidewinderLaucher", "GLT_AIM120Launcher", "GLT_MaverickLauncher", "GLT_BombLauncher_Mk82"];
removeallweapons _plane;
{_plane addmagazine _x} foreach _maglist;
{_plane addWeapon _x} foreach _weplist;

Placed a F-16 CAP and changed loadout via above script to F-16 Multirole.

Please remember that the order you apply them controls where they are mounted. Ordering is from outside to inside ,altering left/right.

So if you apply a Mk82 first, they will be mounted on Wingtips. :D

:EDITH:

Just tested it and found out the following: addWeapon order doesn't matter, it's just the addMagazine that affects the mount order on the plane.

@eddyD

I guess i will switch AIM9 and AIM120 at least on the Multirole variant.

Sorry if this is slightly offtopic but will this method work with the default A-10 too to change the loadout to for instance all LGB's?

Thanks for this mod. I use the F-16 more than any other plane and it's a joy to fly. I even got my mum flying it this aft when she popped round :D One thing though, i know it's a final release but is there anything that can be done about the afterburner sound. In all honesty it sucks balls. It's a shame because the rest is top notch (well except for the cocpit maybe but i fly in third person anyway so i never see it;))

Sorry if this is slightly offtopic but will this method work with the default A-10 too to change the loadout to for instance all LGB's?

Check the Mission Editing and Scripting section. There's a bunch iof threads about change the lay out of the A-10' munis. I'm not sure if it's the exact same way though. It seemed like a lot shorter method.

It seems the unbinarized download link is broken. Would be awesome to have some good arma2 addon examples for inspiration.

Hello,

For all people that want use the F-16 on Domination map and want that the wreck can be repair like other vehicles here is the solution:

On Config.bin of glt_f16.pbo only delete the next line;

killed = "_this execVM "\glt_f16\scr\wrecker.sqf"";

The wreck still work and now can be lift with the wreck chopper.

You must also add the glt to the reward array:

ej: ["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1","GLT_Falcon_AGM"]

Hi Myke,

first of all congrats to all participants for an outstanding F16.

Today I was doing some experiments with mando missile and the Strike variant, everything was running well except a werid weapon placement behaviour. Everytime a weapon type ran out of ammo, the next one was moved to the wingtips when fired with useWeapon action.

To test it is quite easy:

- Add your F16 strike to the map, name it f16

- Add a gamelogic and two waypoints for it, each one with all the times set to 2 seconds.

- In the action of each gamelogic wp put:

f16 action ["useWeapon", f16, driver f16, 5];

What's the difference between the AA missiles?

EDIT:

class GLT_SidewinderLauncher: SidewinderLaucher
{
 displayName = "AIM-9L Sidewinder";
 minRange = 100;
 minRangeProbab = 0.025;
 midRange = 1000;
 midRangeProbab = 0.09;
 maxRange = 2000;
 maxRangeProbab = 0.01;
};
class GLT_SidewinderXLauncher: SidewinderLaucher
{
 displayName = "AIM-9X Sidewinder";
 minRange = 300;
 minRangeProbab = 0.025;
 midRange = 1500;
 midRangeProbab = 0.09;
 maxRange = 3750;
 maxRangeProbab = 0.01;
};

class GLT_AIM7E_AA: M_Sidewinder_AA
{
 hit = 150;
 indirectHit = 35;
 indirectHitRange = 7;
 maneuvrability = 50;
 maxSpeed = 1200;
 timeToLive = 120;
 initTime = 0.1;
 thrustTime = 20;
 thrust = 2900;
};
class GLT_AIM7Launcher: SidewinderLaucher
{
 displayName = "AIM-7E Sparrow";
 minRange = 100;
 minRangeProbab = 0.1;
 midRange = 1000;
 midRangeProbab = 0.7;
 maxRange = 2000;
 maxRangeProbab = 0.001;
};

class GLT_AIM120_AA: M_Sidewinder_AA
{
 hit = 300;
 indirectHit = 130;
 indirectHitRange = 20;
 maneuvrability = 25;
 maxSpeed = 800;
 timeToLive = 120;
 initTime = 0.2;
 thrustTime = 40;
 thrust = 2900;
};
class GLT_AIM120Launcher: SidewinderLaucher
{
 displayName = "AIM-120 AMRAAM";
 minRange = 500;
 minRangeProbab = 0.1;
 midRange = 3500;
 midRangeProbab = 0.7;
 maxRange = 7000;
 maxRangeProbab = 0.001;
};

Couldn't find the Sidewinder stats in the addon's PBOs, nor in Arma's. Don't know how I could've missed it.

Edited by bartkusa

hey all

And merry Cristmas

Im working on our F-16 again with new skins and tail textures.

Have uvmat some parts of the model.

Working on the cockpit with a side stick ,reskin the seat and cockpit.

This time i do the belgian F-16 AM MLU model.

Here is a screenshot :

http://edit.hostbasket.com/eddyd.be/arma_F16_tiger.bmp

cya

eddyD

Edited by eddyD