Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Footmunch/eddyD F-16 in ArmA 2

So i hardly guess that's the cause. Since this mod doesn't actually change the language settings but replaced german strings with english, the game itself still "thinks" it is set to german and therefor shows correct german text.

So no bug in the addon, no "fix".

**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**

F-16C Version 1.1 out now]

Major changes:

- The retex variant has been included into the main addon. Please delete glt_f16_retex.pbo and the related .bisign files.

- Weapons has been outsourced so they can be used by other addons without the need of having the F-16C installed.

- .rvmat files adapted to ArmA 2 style. Basically this should enable new shaders unless there is something special in the texture format itself. Will check as soon the tools are available and patch it if necessary.

Complete changelog:

Changelog from 1.00 to 1.1

➢ Added: AIM-7E AA Missile

➢ Added: AIM-9X Sidewinder

➢ Added: MK-84 Freefall bomb

➢ Added: AGM-84 Harpoon AG Missile (can lock on laser and ground targets)

➢ Added: Plane has now proper hitpoints

➢ Added: GLT-F16C Vehicle class for better overview also in EMPTY class

➢ Changed: F-16C CAP now has 2 AIM-9X, 2 AIM-7E and 6 AIM-120

➢ Changed: F-16C Mk82 now has 2 AIM-9L, 2 MK-84 and 6 MK-82

➢ Changed: F-16C LGB now has 2 AIM-9L, 2 AGM-84 and 6 GBU12

➢ Improved: AIM-9L and AIM-120 now have proper shadow LOD

➢ Improved: AIM-9L and AIM-120 now have more resolution LOD's

➢ Fixed: Shadows of AIM-9L and AIM-120 no longer follows freelook (thanks to Defunkt for pointing)

➢ Fixed: Tailmark didn't followed rudder movements

➢ Fixed: Missing textures on GBU loaded planes

➢ Added: Now each variant comes in 4 different colour schemes

➢ Added: each colour scheme has it's own tailmark

➢ Improved: hiddenSelection „tailmark“ for individual tailmarks

➢ Fixed: internal and external engine sounds were swapped

➢ Improved: Missile spoof script tweaked for better spoofing effect

➢ Added: Downed F-16C is replaced with wreck

➢ Improved: .rvmat files overworked to use new ArmA 2 Shaders

➢ Changed: Weapons are outsourced in a independent addon. Free to use independent from F-16C

➢ Fixed: Distant F-16C no longer recognized as AV8B2

➢ Added: half dammage textures

I'll release the GLT_missilebox as standalone very soon. Everyone can use those weapons on own addons. Just make sure it is set as requiredAddons.

Downloadlink:

Version 1.1 (NEW)armaholic.com

Version 1.1 (NEW)armedassault.info

Version 1.1 (NEW)eprison.de

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Was the MK-84 an included bomb in ArmA II? Or was this something you added as another weapon... As if I am not mistaken, the MK-84 is higher yield than the 82 is it not? This would be nice to see in ArmA II, higher yield bombs for those fun huge AI missions... like 2000lb JDAMS and such haha

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Possible bug... Not sure, but when trying to use the updated pbo's, it seems the option to even place the plane in the editor is now gone.

This is possibly due to a bad download, however I cannot redownload atm as it seems the link its botched for the moment.

Anyone else notice this?

Update:

Was able to redownload, however problem still is there. Cannot place in editor due to not being able to find it in the object listings... Is it hidden somewhere it shouldn't be perhaps? I looked under AIR of bluefor, as well as under Empty -> Air and it is not in either place.

Problem solved, please re-download again. I'm very sorry for the convenience.

:EDITH:

Problem solved: sh** happens when you start changing vehicle inheritance, get disturbed by "beloved wife" to do <insert some stupid and/or boring things here> and afterwards, when you get back to your PC you think you was done with what you've started. :D

To the youngsters out there: don't get married. Al Bundy is right, ever was. :D

However, things are sorted, i've tested it and upload should be ready in a few.

Watch here to catch it: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1327901&postcount=104

There you go: F-16C Fighting Falcon 1.101

- FIXED: F-16C not available in editor

- FIXED: Wreck wasn't visible

Edited by [FRL]Myke

F16 are not working in the editior for me even when i donwloaded your latest link

Edited by Fansadox

@Fansadox

I don't know whats wrong at your side, at mine it definately works. I've deleted my versions from my modfolder, downloaded it using the above link and used these. Did you see that there are 4 new Factions for them? Don't search them at USMC. Also in empty, there is a new vehicle class for them so they wont mess up Air vehicles list since there are 20 different types.

Mine is working but the F16 now shows up under GLTF16 not Air if that helps. :bounce3:

Nice work Myke!

Got a weird graphical bug when the F16 is crashed, there are massive graphical artefacts that only appear upon the explosion of the aircraft. Shame, because I can't see the crashed model.

Wow. Really beautiful to look at and to fly. As good as the the BIS aircraft. Thanks.

Only one thing bothers me, just a little: The extra factions for the different colored USAF planes. In the next release, could you narrow it down to just the NATO and USAF? It's good to keep the addons neatly organized in the editor when possible, IMHO.

Thanks to all those involved with this addon! The flight model is a dream to fly. Looks stunning in game as well.

I never really bothered with air to air combat in Arma. But in Arma II it is a lot of fun.

Myke: How difficult would it be to add the contrails and visible air compression over the wing to all the standard aircraft? I think a mod of just adding that would be amazing, it'd make the airplanes so much cooler!

Also do you think if you could do something like that, would we be able to use it in multiplayer without it kicking us out for having different versions or whatever?

I don't know much about modding arma but I really want to get into it now that arma2 is out.

Amazing work by the way, only things I'd change is putting in a joystick in the cockpit and clearin the radar screen, I'd rather look at nothing than fake targets lol. I wish they'd put your 16 in all those evo mods :(

@Magic1

AFAIK standard ArmA 2 planes does have wingtip trails and body vapour by default. At least the script i've used is taken from ArmA 2 (written by Maddmatt).

I don't know how to turn them on then, because I've got most all my settings maxed out and I can see them on your jet but not the defaults.

I believe at present the standard BIS special effects are switched off, I guessed they were coming in a future patch.

:)

Yep confirmed no effects as of now with stock BIS aircrafts. But i think(?) ive seen it in some early videos.

Alex

Yep confirmed no effects as of now with stock BIS aircrafts. But i think(?) ive seen it in some early videos.

Alex

Everything for the BIS aircraft already exists, it's just the scripts are not switched on at the moment.

It was after some digging I found the aircraft-vapour effects you see on the F16, I had put them on the mig29 as a test bed.

Maybe BIS are awaiting the next patch to implement them fully either way we have the scripts and the knowlege to put them on all future aricraft addons.

Southy