Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

Well,i'd like FDF to be bigger this time like it was for OFP.Also couple of long campaigns would be very nice.

"we will rock you" is playing in my head right now :yay:

Kickass, Onnea modille ;)

good luck to the mod, reaaaally looking forward for this ;)

Bump...

fdfmod2_scania_s.jpg

A convoy of Scania R500 8x4 trucks parked beside a gravel road with ammo truck in the front followed by repair and refuel variants. 192 Finnish-built general purpose trucks were recently purchased by FDF after EU-wide contract competition was won by Scan-Auto Finland Ltd.

Scania trucks will phase out various outdated trucks such as Soviet-built ZILs.

i am curious but when you complete your Finland at War Mod, Will you be porting it over to ArmA 2 by any chance? as i am a fan of your mods, i've always loved your guys work as its fantastic, however im very excited for the Finland at War Mod and just wondering if you will be planning to port it over to ArmA2 by any chance one finished?

i am curious but when you complete your Finland at War Mod, Will you be porting it over to ArmA 2 by any chance? as i am a fan of your mods, i've always loved your guys work as its fantastic, however im very excited for the Finland at War Mod and just wondering if you will be planning to port it over to ArmA2 by any chance one finished?

We (FDFmod) don't have anything to do with "Finland at War Mod", it is completely different team. However we do share similar goals for our mods and we did release WW2 themed material for OFP.

We (FDFmod) don't have anything to do with "Finland at War Mod", it is completely different team. However we do share similar goals for our mods and we did release WW2 themed material for OFP.

Ahh, my apologies, i was mistaken. However i did try the FDF Mod back in ArmA 1, and loved it. What kind of selection of weaponary, armory are we talking about in the FDF mod? is it going to be similar to the FDF mod in ArmA 1, port over ? or is it going to be more improved?

Those trucks look amazing... I just want to see more and more, but as with OFP and ArmA, for quality stuff, you must wait. :)

What kind of selection of weaponary, armory are we talking about in the FDF mod? is it going to be similar to the FDF mod in ArmA 1, port over ? or is it going to be more improved?

Yes, ArmA 1 content will be ported and improved. Also lots of additions like seen in this thread.

Something I've been working on lately:

pasi6_s.jpg

(click for full image)

Oh my god! i want thos Scania trucks, they look amazing! will they have interiors or not ? scani has realy nice interiors tbh, enjoy riding them, and how, keep up your good work, looking forward to seeing these addons in game :)

Our goal is to make interiors just like BIS has done. This means some vehicles have only forced optics like in vanilla ARMA2.

Yeah indeed, FDF still kicks ass, amazing work there.

Looking forward to enjoy another FDF campaign.

Oh boy, a new mod versiosn with snow maps and units would definatly rock, loved to showed some of the old OFP FDF missions where you assault trough snowstorms to friends, they all were impressed.

Loved your work in OpFlash, I didn't play A1. I'm really looking forward to see what you guys will put out.

New update:

Sisu XA-180

xa180_s.jpg

The workhorse of the Finnish army, XA-180 armored personnel carrier, is seen here on a forest road during trials. XA-180 entered service in 1983 and is operated not only by Finland but also by other nations in numerous peacekeeping operations.

The vehicle is fully amphibious and can carry two infantry squads. Several variants have been developed along the years, culminating in the Advanced Modular Vehicle (AMV) design.

FDFmod site

Edited by Norsu

Well all i can say this is a mod that has allways added some great units that are just top quality and all the other people who have enjoyed this mod from the beggining are definately very appreciative!

The Scania R500 8x4 trucks (first one) got a orange sign.. Looks like it means dangerouse cargo, fluid, corrosive (from the numbers) is it carrying rocket fuel or what?

Well to be honest we had no idea what the numbers ment, only that the orange sign means dangerous cargo :o. First truck will carry ammunition and last truck fuel, both have orange signs with some numbers. Do you know what numbers we should use for them?

The plates are governed by something called the Kemler Code. The top number identifies the general hazard that the cargo presents where the bottom number is the UN Number, which specifies the cargo of the vehicle.

http://www.hazchem.freeuk.com/kemler.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UN_numbers

The fuel truck should be 30 on the top number, then for the bottom 1202 if it's diesel, 1203 if it's petrol 1223 if it's kerosene (don't know what most vehicles in the FDF run on). UN 1863 is aviation fuel (for turbine engines)

Ammunition should have a 10 or 13 on the top (I think) then the number on the bottom depends on the type of explosives being carried:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UN_numbers_0001_to_0100

UN 0005 to UN 0007 probably would be the most suitable

Ed:- Forgot to say everything's looking superb so far. Really looking forward to it

Edited by da12thMonkey

da12thMonkey is correct with his post.

Here we call it "ADR" or "Accord européen relatif au transport international des marchandises Dangereuses par Route" (European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road).

Small info (just had my ADR update for my job).

The top bar code is actually the Kemler-code.

The first number tell you the type of product (explosives, gasses, liquids,....).

The second or even third number tells you the additional hazards (depends on product and its chemical reaction).

The buttom bar code number is indeed the UN code (this provide you a more detailed info on the cargo contence).

For ammunition, if not mistaken it should be:

11, 12,...up to 16 (the lower the second number is to bigger the explosive blast/shrapnell radius is).

Anyway, small thingy and only if you want to have it correct (don't think we will need it in case there is an accident and we need to call the emergency services and provide them the UN code :p ).

@da12thMonkey: Didn't want to correct or teach you. I just found it a good excuse to take my book out of the closet and look it up again ;).

And indeed: "everything's looking superb so far. Really looking forward to it ".

A question to the FDF mod team, Smartti stated -> "ArmA 1 content will be ported and improved". Will this mean that you will make those "groin protectors" visible? If i remember correctly the "sirpalesuojaliivi" has got the "groin thingy" attached to it? Or is it in real life removable? And at mi.fi if you look at "kalustoesittely" the soldier with full fighting gear uses another Equipment vest then the ones used in Arma 1, Will this also be included? Or is it to early to ask those questions. Regards from a very eager FDF Fan. :D

The groin protection FDF uses is much wider when compared to ones used by USMC in A2. This will no doubt raise some clipping and warping issues if we want the protection to animate properly. Groin protection made by BIS isn't animated so much because it's much smaller. We already have a model for the protection but so far it hasn't worked well enough.

Ah and yes it's removable in real life and I never saw it in use during my training. Most of our platoon just took it off as it was just extra weight and always in the way. In my opinion the FDF version is just too big to be practical.

The vest you mentioned is just the M05 ballistic vest. It's quite useless alone so we have also added M05 equipment vest for the modern FDF troops you see in A1. We are doing good process with our newer infantry units so expect to see some shots of them next ;).

Edited by Norsu