Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

I did a quick search (on this thread) and didn't find any info; will ACE2 be compatible with FDF mod, and/or will this mod have similar features from ACE2 mod, such as RPG backblasts (which are important!) and better tank armor model (also very important)

Also temporary/permanent deafness from nearby explosions and firing heavy RPG's without hearing protection would be a nice touch. :)

Edited by pAuthority

At the moment everything in our mod derives from vanilla ARMA2 configs. I personally don't play ACE2 but I have it downloaded. I don't know how much work it would take to convert our configs for ACE2 and also what compatibility issues there would be between ACE2 and vanilla FDFmod missions (very important.)

FDFmod will be fine without any ACE2 features! only thing im hoping that the "engagement range" will be better in ARMA2's FDFmod and not like in OFP's FDFmod since the AI soldiers in it were pretty blind :P but if not, we can always use Zeus AI addon to fix that.

Would be nice if FDF mod would become available trough six updater, or some other updating software like it. Also, ACE mods weaponconfigs would be nice to have in FDF mod weapons (Jamming, weapon weight etc...)

Would be nice if FDF mod would become available trough six updater, or some other updating software like it. Also, ACE mods weaponconfigs would be nice to have in FDF mod weapons (Jamming, weapon weight etc...)

For the love of God not six updater. Yoma, yes, six updater no. ;)

For the love of God not six updater. Yoma, yes, six updater no. ;)

Don't worry, it's not going to be six updater.

What's wrong with Six updater? Works well with ACE.

I just don't personally like it, but thats for another topic ;)

On Topic: Looking forward to this Norsu and crew, loved FDF in ofp, especially the campaign!

What's wrong with Six updater? Works well with ACE.

There's really no need for any external updater because all our releases will be so called "milestone" releases aka big updates. This way worked very well during OFP times and if it aint broken... ;).

There's really no need for any external updater because all our releases will be so called "milestone" releases aka big updates. This way worked very well during OFP times and if it aint broken... ;).

I was just thinking the same thing. I can't recall you guys ever having a problem as far back as you go.

Hornet interior WIP:

hornet_ohjaamo2s.jpg

And before someone asks, hud is placeholder. Most gauges will be functional but monitors will be props, expect maybe for the center monitor.

Hope you don't mind if i ask, but is the canapy final model or placeholder? Imho the low poly shape (curve) on the canapy sticks too much out versus the quality of the instrument panels and other stuff in the cockpit. I know we all need to balance (personally i still make stuff too high poly), but it is something that really eats my vision. Just asking, super stuff otherwise.

hmm, I didnt notice it until you told me. :p

But I'd hope they go for performance, those instruments allready look quite high detailed, so making canopy even more detailed would be kinda.. "useles" work?

True Kristian. I must say i agree with DaSquade. It looks off having that much detail, look over an inch and see, well, that.

The canopy area will be made much rounder, thanks for pointing that out. Also the engine information has been changed to digital as it should be in the F-18C model.

Great work guys, I take it your going to use the f-18D two deat variant for FDF? or sticking with the 'C' ?

Regards Jeza

FAF uses mainly the C-variant so we'll stick with that.

Ah good news on my part like the solo feel, hope all efforts turn out a great mod.

Nice looking interior, I have a question, Is it possible for the monitor with the weapon select on it to change the selected weapon when you change the weapon?

Also, is it possible to make the gear up/down and flaps up down be more.. visable that the generic f35 dash saying 'gear' and 'flaps'?

perhaps have the gear change from red to green depending on its position, and maybe the flaps change from red to amber to green for the flaps?

Hey hey kids!

A few questions...

How is the modding going?

Any updates?

Will FDF be released for ArmA II first or will you release it for OA? Or both?

It's....... sooo..... EXCITING :)

muahaha

Thanks

...Why you little.. :p

I bet FDF mod will post some sweet sweet wip pic when they got sumthing prepped for us, as allways :rolleyes:

Hey FDF,

Could you please update Podagorsk soon? A change-log was posted several months ago for v1.1 but no download. It's making me so very sad :(

Thanks.

A few questions...

How is the modding going?

Any updates?

Will FDF be released for ArmA II first or will you release it for OA? Or both?

Progress has been slow lately (I was in surgery, school, big events in RL, etc.) but we are catching up again. I'm finishing flight characteristics for F18 at the moment.

First release will be for vanilla A2. I'm willing to bet there's plenty of work to be done to spice up everything to OA level. That would once again take months and would postpone everything.

Great. Just wanted to hear that it will be released for Vanilla... Can't afford OA right now and probably won't even buy it.

But keep up the good work aaaand hope to hear from you soon :D