Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

impressive the details, podaga in arma 1 was the best wooded island, but I cannot say the same of weapon 2, since the vegetation of arma 2 does not accompany too much with those red and yellow trees that really stink out out and not they give the immersion him that if it gave podaga.

with those red and yellow trees that really stink out

There is really good chance that those red tress will be changed soon. Probably during the next weekend according to rumours... It's still work-in-progress so all feedback is welcome.

have to agree that the yellow trees look really out of place, not to mention are they not the massive preformance hitters? think it would look much better, and alot lusher if it was nice and green :) but nice job so far.

have to agree that the yellow trees look really out of place, not to mention are they not the massive preformance hitters?

Yeah. That's another good reason for finding an alternative for those.

I've retextured fagus trees and couple of bushes to summer_green so FDF you can freely take them from my ibr_plants.pbo (Panthera v2.31).

Beautifull scenery! I love the 'original' areas that

make it so lifelike and special at the same time!

I really would love to go on a hike or bike ride there!

The only thing except for the red trees that I noticed

was in this picture http://www.fdfmod.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/FDF_Podagorsk_0042.jpg

The texture of the rocks is repetative, which is something

the human eye really notice quickly, so maybe try adding

some different ones in the mix, because I LOVE that pic,

but it is a bit eye-catching and for me distracting.

Loved podoga for Arma 1 so im sure this is going to be fantastic!!

Yes one of the if not the best islands in ArmA1 for me it only lacked european looking nature, now i think it will be perfect.

And maybe one day we see a new Maldevic, the autumn variant in OFP was so great... ah the old days of FDF multiplaying there... especially the rebels mission where you have to free a comrade from police and attack a car saloon... good times.

WIP RK95 with some extra bling:

rk95_8_s.jpg

Very nice work fellas, looks great.

very nice, but what are the two slings on handguards?

I guess it could be for somekind of button? I had a IR-laser on my RK-95 and I strapped the button that way. But I didnt have a fancy picatinny under the barrel..

very nice, but what are the two slings on handguards?

They are ment to keep the tactical light wire in place (even though there is none). However in many photos where an RK95 with ACOG appears thosen slings are also present. I will probably remove them as I'm still testing how different variants look :).

They are ment to keep the tactical light wire in place (even though there is none). However in many photos where an RK95 with ACOG appears thosen slings are also present. I will probably remove them as I'm still testing how different variants look :).

ei ei ei, the slings give it something new, that wasnt in ArmA1 or OFP :yay:

ei ei ei, the slings give it something new, that wasnt in ArmA1 or OFP :yay:

Don't worry, the RK95 variant with a tactical light will have those slings for sure ;).

RK95 with camo and some more bling:

rk95_12_s.jpg

I've never seen painted RKs but I guess during a real operation or war such thing wouldn't be out of question ;).

Very nice high quality work. I cant wait to see the full mod. :)

Thank you Norsu for the fantastic images :) I love the idea that you think a bit outside of the box also. Not only, this and that I saw when I was a conscript and oh yes, on the internet they look like that and they had that camo.

I hope I make sence with my bad english :D

Wow really looking forward to this mod, would be great on your Podagorsk!

Btw. Do you guys plan on making the CV90 which is currently in use in the Finnish army?

Lennard. =)