Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

Looks great Norsu. Can you release any information about soldiers with m91 gear? Any conscripts? Or will the first release only contain FRDF troops and regular troops/conscripts with m05?

For our first release the only M91 soldier will most likely be tank crew.

For our first release the only M91 soldier will most likely be tank crew.

Thank you for your quick reply. Keep it up ;)

Really nice looking work once again!

A few suggestions though: If you're going to do the modern guys you might as well go all the way. Please forgive me if these are just lacking because they're still WIP:

• Tactical lights and Aimpoints or, for squad designated marksmen, Acogs and cheekpads on the RK-95s. I can provide some reference material on the Acog-version(mainly on the reticle) used by FDF should you need it.
  • Bulletproof vests with plates, shoulder and groin protection
  • Knee and elbow-pads

Google gives a lot pics on these, and FDF's peacekeeping picture gallery is also a good source for pics: http://www.mil.fi/rauhanturvaaja/kuvagalleria.dsp

[*]Tactical lights and Aimpoints or, for squad designated marksmen, Acogs and cheekpads on the RK-95s. I can provide some reference material on the Acog-version(mainly on the reticle) used by FDF should you need it.

RK95 is being redone along with a range of optics and other attachments. Reference material is always welcome, drop me a PM if you have some :cool:.

-Bulletproof vests with plates, shoulder and groin protection

-Knee and elbow-pads

Look a couple of pages back and you should see some shoulder protection ;).

Knee-pads will be worn by few special troops only such as M05 Special Jaeger. Our M05 Jaegers represent front line conscripts from KarPr for example - in short grunts. Elbow pads are removed at the moment because they don't animate very well (fixing them would probably give me a burnout).

Groin protection is another problem. I could make it work but in the end it would only look good when a soldier is standing and besides it's not really used outside urban forces anyway (too big, gets in the way etc.) Smaller protection would work perfectly but wouldn't look right at all.

RK95 is being redone along with a range of optics and other attachments. Reference material is always welcome, drop me a PM if you have some :cool:.

Knee-pads will be worn by few special troops only such as M05 Special Jaeger. Our M05 Jaegers represent front line conscripts from KarPr for example - in short grunts. Elbow pads are removed at the moment because they don't animate very well (fixing them would probably give me a burnout).

Groin protection is another problem. I could make it work but in the end it would only look good when a soldier is standing and besides it's not really used outside urban forces anyway (too big, gets in the way etc.) Smaller protection would work perfectly but wouldn't look right at all.

Will there be a working tactical light?

Will there be a working tactical light?

I suppose that could be done, though I haven't looked into it yet at all.

Wow. Once again your stuff amazes me. Your skill is impressive. Thanks for the new pics.

I suppose that could be done, though I haven't looked into it yet at all.

Yeah it can be done, there's already an addon like that for ARMA 2 and it looks great.

i'm talking about this:

Edited by Leopardi

Indeed, and the kneepads too!Which are of the wrong type though. Looking good as always, had missed those.

I'll try to get my Acog-stuff scanned, as it's on paper, and sent to you.

Indeed, and the kneepads too!Which are of the wrong type though. Looking good as always, had missed those.

I'll try to get my Acog-stuff scanned, as it's on paper, and sent to you.

Thanks for help.

Those knee pads are indeed not the most common model in FDF, however they can be seen in many latest mil.fi photos. So far I haven't found good photos of the more common FDF knee pads. Does anyone know which brand they are?

till today i am listening to Airut :D

thanx again for 100-th time for your soundtrack for OFP :D

Time for more news.

NH90

NHIndustries NH90 helicopter hovers above the treeline during a landing exercise.

NH90 is a state of the art aircraft which has recently entered service across Europe.

Finland has chosen the SAR (search and rescue) variant and first helicopters have been in

service since 2008.

nh90_s.jpg

Wow, you guys really do know how to make models and units look like works of art! Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Drawling for thsoe units, cant wait. hope we'll get some nice christmas screens at 24-25.12 :D

Nice NH90 :)

I'm just interested - which typical Finnish addons are on your todo list?

Will there be such a great campaign like it was in FDFMod for OFP or missions with this nice nordic atmosphere?

That NH90 looks absolutely fan-damn-tastic! Good enough to forget this pounding heache I've been walking around with all day. Great job, fellas. Looking forward to seeing it flying around in my missions in the future for sure! :D

Great job guys, NH90 looks bloody great. Looking forward to this one.

Here is a little teaser from upcoming RK 95:

rk95_rendi_s.jpg

Render is from hipoly model which will be used for normal map and ambient occlusion baking.

Awesome NH90!!!! :)

Man you guys just get better and better! Would be cool if you had armed variants to with MG and or some rockets to counter the Mi-17's ;)