Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with by way of a new landscape.

Podaga Island was by far and away the highest quality island for ArmA1 as were the areas of Finland border region for OFP.

Personally I hope you return to areas around Finland. A spot of wintery conditions maybe.

Keep up the sterling work!

E

Yes the winter maps with snowfall in the missiosn were the cherry on top of FDF for OFP.

I hope they bring that back one day especially as now mod made a good winter map so far.

But i think some Island maker is already on that.

Some more steel from East:

bmp2_1_s.jpg

(Click for bigger image)

If there was a way of creating a non 'blanketing' snow texture, by this I mean patches of snow as opposed to white covering every inch of the ground.

If you look at real world snow conditions, there are often dried brown grasses, and rocks poking through the snow and areas under trees that the snow didn't quite reach. I think that was something that didn't sit right with most of the previous snow islands, it was just too white everywhere.

Crysis did it quite well with it's dynamic textures; only placing snow on the higher side of objects... not possible here but I imagine creative thinking with the parallax mapping could provide some interesting results.

Looks really good.:D What about adding random numbers?Or making optional versions of vehicles with them?

If you look at real world snow conditions, there are often dried brown grasses, and rocks poking through the snow and areas under trees that the snow didn't quite reach. I think that was something that didn't sit right with most of the previous snow islands, it was just too white everywhere.

ARMA 2 supports a good number of different textures per terrain grid which should make varying snowy terrain quite possible to do :). As for objects, rvmats can be used to create snowy textures without adding snow to the main texture. So all you seek is very much possible to do in A2.

Looks really good.:D What about adding random numbers?Or making optional versions of vehicles with them?

Random numbers would add sections to every vehicle not to mention a script that makes them work. I would rather sacrifice the randomness for better performance. Random numbers are nice thing but they are hardly ever recognised after a mission starts.

Edited by Norsu

Latest news:

The legendary British Land Rover brand entered FDF service in 2000. Land Rover 5D Defender seen here is a four wheel drive cross-country vehicle that is used for troop and equipment transport. It was purchased to replace the aging Toyota Land Cruisers and Soviet UAZ utility vehicles.

defu_s.jpg

FDFmod

Edited by Norsu

Nice landy (Land Rover) i love the model, will you be including an armed variants?

Indeed, really enjoying these screens. Really looking forward to the day when it's all released. Going to be squealing like an excited little piggy with joy. :D

Terve! Just thought I'd write a quick post to congratulate you for your good work. I've had so much fun with your mod since the first OFP release! I'm eagerly waiting for the Arma 2 release.

Guardian of the forest:

M05 Jaeger with black PKM

m05_mg1_s1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still trying to find a good balance for the fresnel effect (highlight). That screenshot was taken in shadow which makes the fresnel effect much stronger. Also I'll try to get the dirt effects stand out more with specular map's blue channel. When done right, the dirt should look very cool :cool:.

Don't you me look more cool, since it already looks bad ass? ;) Looking forward to this mod.

The boots also look very cool ;D like cut out of a real picture.

Any news on the XA-180? Maybe some new screens? :x

Superb as allways... Cant wait for new screenshots. ;)

Are you guys going to retexture the D30 to FDF Sheme? Since its in service, and it would be cool to have more toys, as allways. Also some hugeass howizer would be awesome. Well I think I could list here 1337 things that would be awesome, but cant get everything we want. ;)

Basic M05 Jaeger

m05_jaeger1_s.jpg

Still have to tweak them pockets, can't seem to get them stand out more :(.

Very very nice!

Also the goggles on last page are placed properly. BIS ones are too high leaving the eyes at the very bottom. So yours looks very good. :)

Alex

Uuh, can't wait to get my hands on this mod. I still remember enviously looking at the M05 uniforms at some military depot in Hämeenlinna back in 2005. Looked so much cooler than the old M91 we were wearing.

Atleast you had M91 you could use, I had to use M62 ;) The "old" M91 was only for parade.

But yes I agree, its very nice. Im also looking forward to this mod.

I'm looking forward to this a lot too, I remember how great the FDFMOD always was for OFP:Res. Will the mod come with a (coop playable) campaign again? Those were always my favorite non stock campaigns in Resistance :)

This time around, now that multiple languages are possible again, will the conversation system be applied to Finnish troops aswell? :D

A few more shots of our M05 troops:

M05 Jaeger Squad Leader

m05_jaeger_sl1_s.jpg

M05 Jaeger Machinegunner Assistant

m05_mgasst1_s.jpg

(Gotta fix that pouch texture on the left.)

M05 RDF Rifleman

m05_rdf1_s.jpg