Sign in to follow this  
Lee82UK

ATi Catalyst 9.6 Download

for those with visual glitches ..did you try in target parmeter of the arma2 shortcut -noCB

to me it fixed some glitches

but they werent that terible tho

was more shadow glitches

for those with visual glitches ..did you try in target parmeter of the arma2 shortcut -noCB

was more shadow glitches

This is a different problem. The problem I am seeing is massive screen corruption, similar to that seen when you overclock a card and artifacts start stretching over the screen.

Minor shadow glitches, odd flickering textures here and there are nothing compared to the whole screen bursting into a textured nightmare. If it was only the usual minor glitches then I would not even be posting it here as it is part of the franchaise ;)

page 1 of http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73235 thread and his screen shots show exactly my problem (and his ;) ). If its anything like that then same boat otherwise maybe look for the 'shadows flicker a little bit' thread. :D

Edited by Thr0tt

was more shadow glitches

Does not help with texture flickering and slow loading textures, believe me I've tried it all... its an issue within the engine I believe...

:confused:

Well it looks like an issue with the engine and something else regarding hardware cause I dont have those issues no flickering building textres no flashing of windows etc, the only thing I see that annoys me in everygame with foliage now is the radius around the player where u see grass update and get denser as you move..

E6600@3.4ghz

XfX4870 9.6 official drivers 1GB

Windows 7 RC 7100

Anyone tried making sure the fsb ratios and memory are 1:1 ? worth a try I seemed to clear up any graphic annomolies after that was done. Just a thought..:)

Well it looks like an issue with the engine and something else regarding hardware cause I dont have those issues no flickering building textres no flashing of windows etc, the only thing I see that annoys me in everygame with foliage now is the radius around the player where u see grass update and get denser as you move..

E6600@3.4ghz

Windows 7 RC 7100

Anyone tried making sure the fsb ratios and memory are 1:1 ? worth a try I seemed to clear up any graphic annomolies after that was done. Just a thought..:)

how do i check that?

E6600@3.4ghz

Windows 7 RC 7100

Can you make a video in fraps to show it?. The only thing I guess it could be because your using windows 7 not xp. Its been there in both Arma 1 and 2 on 2 different systems for me on xp.

show me a link with benchmarks that shows an increase in performance then...

Oh dear

Try to make this as simple as possible with the whole 1:1 ratio

If you have a quad Q6600 CPU, the fsb runs at 1066mhz right, that's because the base clock or w/e runs at 266mhz but because there's four cores it x4

Now for the best performance out of the ram you need at least 533mhz why? Well DDR2 is dual channel right so 533mhz isn't the true speed an individual stick runs at so it's actually half making it 266mhz

Now as you can see from the CPU base clock you have 266mhz and from the ram 266mhz = a 1:1 ratio

Now so people get the idea faster ram clock speeds equal better which is not true, if you have a perfect 1:1 ratio your seeing the best performance, if your RAM is of a higher ratio than the CPU you will get the same performance as 1:1 the ram will just wait for the CPU to catch up HOWEVER! if the ram is slower than the CPU the CPU has to wait for the ram which will decrease performance, OK!!!!

(Please don't bash me for any mistakes etc I'm not an expert on the subject but it's a better explanation than you two arguing :D but it's along those lines and I don't know if its the same as AMD series and Core i7 as they don't use FSB)

Edited by craig3000

Oh dear

Try to make this as simple as possible with the whole 1:1 ratio

If you have a quad Q6600 CPU, the fsb runs at 1066mhz right, that's because the base clock or w/e runs at 266mhz but because there's four cores it x4

Now for the best performance out of the ram you need at least 533mhz why? Well DDR2 is dual channel right so 533mhz isn't the true speed an individual stick runs at so it's actually half making it 266mhz

Now as you can see from the CPU base clock you have 266mhz and from the ram 266mhz = a 1:1 ratio

Now so people get the idea faster ram clock speeds equal better which is not true, if you have a perfect 1:1 ratio your seeing the best performance, if your RAM is of a higher ratio than the CPU you will get the same performance as 1:1 the ram will just wait for the CPU to catch up HOWEVER! if the ram is slower than the CPU the CPU has to wait for the ram which will decrease performance, OK!!!!

(Please don't bash me for any mistakes etc I'm not an expert on the subject but it's a better explanation than you two arguing :D but it's along those lines and I don't know if its the same as AMD series and Core i7 as they don't use FSB)

that sounds like a perfect explanation and i think that people shouldnt worry about th 1:1 issue, except they have some kind of very old ram in their systems.

i got ddr2 800 and my ratio is DRAM-6:FSB-5, so as you said, everything should be fine.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Does this look like a driver problem?

]

i get the same problem from time to time, not sure if its a driver problem or a arma2 prob.

its already reported here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1947

Got a possible fix.

Changing the Video memory down to Very High, rather than using the cfg file fixes it.

The problem occurs shortly after you run out of local memory.

This does limit the available memory to aroung 680 meg though.

<STRIKE>Does ARMA2 have some sort of swap/page file for memory? IE Non Local VRAM. Maybe deleting it will help.

Anyone know where it is, or even if it exists?

The new driver did say it fixed memory fragmentation. Maybe the new addressing method is incompatible with the old data in the swap file.</STRIKE>

Turns out it just writes to memory. Hmm maybe lowering it might help?

Edited by householddog

Well these were lovely drivers, downloaded, installed, install failed, uninstalled, used driver cleaner to remove all trace, rebooted, blue screen, rebooted, blue screen, repeat 20 times with some failed safe mode, failed last known, failed Windows 7 repair, in the end the only thing that got me back was a system image I created a couple of days ago, so I lost a bunch of work from today plus MSN/Skype messages and the like :(

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Bunch of crap about overclocking removed, stick to the topic or take it to PM please.

is there a way to increase the grafic memory cap

as i have 2gb

6oo+mb seems low for those specs

and my perfomance increase by setting video memory on higher

sorry to hear placebo to me they run great

is there a way to increase the grafic memory cap

as i have 2gb

6oo+mb seems low for those specs

and my perfomance increase by setting video memory on higher

sorry to hear placebo to me they run great

If you are running crossfire it can only use 1gb of the 2gb btw. Crossfire merely makes a copy of the memory, from one card to another. So, effectively you only have 1GB of memory anyway.

Arma appears to need high end hardware, but at the same time can't use it properly. According to the Fanboys this is all our fault.

Edited by householddog

Hey guys i have installd the new 9.6 ATI Driver stil when i play i have a flikkering problem its like am watching the Sun all the time its jut unplayble for me myn screen gos nuts

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Graphic Card: ATi Radeon 4870 X2

RAM: Geil 2x 2024 GB

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus SE

HDD: Sygate Baraccuda 500 GB

Disable Catalyst AI and see

Hey guys i have installd the new 9.6 ATI Driver stil when i play i have a flikkering problem ...

Graphic Card: ATi Radeon 4870 X2

Yeah the CF stobe is back... Run with one GPU as Horuss said...

oke il try tnx for help guys
wait rename your arma2.exe to crysis.exe and see if that helps it works for me.

but what cind off grafic card you have ?

Ps. cant change it tho crysis.exe given me a error

Edited by UNA-C-Blade

I give up with this game. I swapped from 4870 to 4890 and flickering is still there but its worse now as I get this as well, quite laughable if it wasnt so annoying.