Sign in to follow this  
Overwhelming

Mr Murray Editor Guide

Hello everyone.

Years ago, I've waited a long time for the release of Operation Flashpoint. I loved it and still remember some good moments with it. I've skipped ArmA, but after all these years I'm itching to play a game like OF. So my attention now is directed to ArmA 2.

One of the things appealing to me, is the mission editor and mods. Searching a little bit here, I've found an excelent guide by Mr Murray.

Now I'm wondering if this excelent guide will be updated for ArmA 2. Does anyone know anything about this? Or knows the guy? :)

Hello everyone.

Years ago, I've waited a long time for the release of Operation Flashpoint. I loved it and still remember some good moments with it. I've skipped ArmA, but after all these years I'm itching to play a game like OF. So my attention now is directed to ArmA 2.

One of the things appealing to me, is the mission editor and mods. Searching a little bit here, I've found an excelent guide by Mr Murray.

Now I'm wondering if this excelent guide will be updated for ArmA 2. Does anyone know anything about this? Or knows the guy? :)

That's been discussed in a few different threads. Can't remember exactly which one though. It will be updated for A2 over time but I presume that wont be for quite some time, at least for the English translated version. It's still very early.

Alot of the current information available in ArmA editing guides will be relevant to ArmA 2 aswell. Especially the more basic editor usage (tiggers,waypoints,etc.)

There are a lots of new functions and stuff for ArmA2 and im sure someone will get round to making another "Editing Guide" including these. The problem at the moment is that with the English version no being released yet, we have yet to see the complete documentation from BIS regarding new features.

As i said, alot of what has already been used in ArmA can be applied to ArmA 2. You will just have to wait a bit longer if your interested in the newer features.

I don't mind to wait. I just wanted to know if there were any plans to update the guide (I'm fresh new to this comunity, so I don't even know if Mr Murray is still interested in this project or the game at all.

You can use his Arma 1 guide for the time being most of the things are the same!

OK Guys, since I am the official translator of the guide and leader of the translation Team, I talked to Mr-Murray and he said that I can answer about the hidden question in the first post of this thread.

Mr-Murray and me are working out the content for A2 right now. This is needed to figure out all the related things for book 2. This will exactly mean that an updated version of the guide for ArmA2 will definately follow. I only cant say somethings about release. Thats really much too early.

Most of the content of book1 can be used for A2 as well. That should help you waiting until releaseday.

Any questions about Book2 please in the official thread

regards

MemphisBelle

Edited by MemphisBelle

Glad to see it MemphisBelle! :)

Great work you all done and it should be promoted to all the new people we got in here since the launch of ARMA2. Im doing my best telling as many as i can. Your guide does make a difference. ;) Thanks!

Regards

Alex

OK Guys, since I am the official translator of the guide and leader of the translation Team, I talked to Mr-Murray and he said that I can answer about the hidden question in the first post of this thread.

Mr-Murray and me are working out the content for A2 right now. This is needed to figure out all the related things for book 2. This will exactly mean that an updated version of the guide for ArmA2 will definately follow. I only cant say somethings about release. Thats really much too early.

Most of the content of book1 can be used for A2 as well. That should help you waiting until releaseday.

Any questions about Book2 please in the official thread

regards

MemphisBelle

Thanks for the news!

That guide should be stickied in most forums.

Hello guys

Thank you very much for your interesting in my work! It´s really appreciated!!!

Please let me explain it with just one picture. It should answer all your questions ;)

Mr-Murray once again... on the trouble... :)

EG_II.jpg

(Just a draft!!!)

What I did with that Editing Guide for ArmA 1 was just to build a foundation stone for ArmA II.

Now I have more space to test things and add it to the new Guide. As you can see the possibilities

of the Editor and Editing are "nearly" the same. Of course, there are a lot of new features and so on.

What I have to do now is to unify all new and old features and explain it for all beginners and verterans

of course ;) Add all new Class Names, Modules, Functions, remove SQS (Otherwise veterans or BIS

gonna kill me ;)) and so on. The Modules for example will get an own very big chapter to show nearly

all possibilies of it.

You always can´t know anything. Thats the same for me, too. It is a lot of stuff and sometimes

I´m very glad that I have just open my Guide to find an explanation or syntax...

You should thanks Memphisbelle for his great translation and Dan and Matt Rochelle for their great revision.

If you have some additions, wishes or something else, don´t hesitate to write me!

My homepage will be English translated very soon!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Edited by Mr-Murray

Awesome news, looking forward to another guide.

Will you release the German guide again first and later translate into English? Or will you just write an English guide this time?

Just asking for personal preference, no offence meant for writing the German guide first if you do so :)

I working on both. I want to deliver all new things to Mempohisbelle and he

will translate it simultaneous. At first I will be able to release the German

version. Please don´t forget that I have to layout both guides.

Therefore I´m looking forward to every support I can get to make it final as

soon as possible.

A hell of work but it´s my duty :o

Offcourse, I understand :)

Therefore I´m looking forward to every support I can get to make it final as soon as possible.

So to help you I help to spread the news ;)

Thanks all for your mental support and this great motivation boost :bounce3:

Thanks for the last guide, in ArmA, it was invaluable. I look forward to the version for ArmA2.

Great news! Looking forward to it.

Yesterday, when returning from holidays, the game was in my mail box! :D

Unfortunately, I'm having problems with my pc (i think it might be the hard disk dieing). Very slow. After 3 hours, ArmA 2 instalation was still around 80%. I quit. Even installing the new nvidia drivers took 15 minutes! Opening an explorer window takes a long time...

I'm gonna have to order a new PC, so that means I'll have the game in my shelf for weeks before I can play it! :(

Have read ur guide. Nice job done.

According to the Arma 2 many things have lost their actuality, but guide still worth reading.

Thanks again. U gave a lot of answers for my noob questions. =)

Thanks all, its really appreciated!!!

@Overwhelming

Newly, I have had the same trouble at a new install. It has required nearly 2 hours.

I don´t really know what happend with it. *Humh*