Sign in to follow this  
Helmut_AUT

Smaller Warfare missions (SP & MP)?

Hi all

My system (AMD 5000+) can handle the AI on the Utes Warfare missions okay - but Chenarus Warfare really stops it down. I haven't counted, but I suppose the number of teams, especially the high number of depots with defense units really put a lot of AI strain on the CPU.

Has anyone extracted and looked at Warfare in A2, and how difficult it would be to create smaller mission sizes?

For me and others with weaker systems, it would be nice to have a 4-team/player per side Warfare that only covers a quarter of Chenarus, maybe different villages as captureable for different missions. Like the original warfare did it by only using South Sahrani.

Basically anything that allows ongoing, dynamically created small unit action would be appreciated. I've been using SOM for some single-player randomness, but it's limited to only a handful of mission types.

We must wait and hope for patches for better performance.In open field runs fine but it is slow down a bit in towns and bigger base-camp. Arma 1 runs better after patch 1.08 or 1.14 so we must hope :rolleyes:. Sp version of Civilwar(Bürgerkrieg) and Superpower(Supermächte) would be nice to see.I vote for this:D.

I haven't played Warfare in ArmA2 yet, but in the warfare that shipped with ArmA you could lock up a number of AI slots in order to let it run with less groups, almost lagfree.

Jo I tried this, but this is Arma 2 "beta" :D after some patches IMO it works better.

Strangelove, I never figured that out - I thought locking AI out just meant that only human players would be on the map, AI slots not filled by human simple not appear.

If there is a way to reduce the number of AI slots, that would be cool, have to check that.

I'm pretty sure when zGuba picks up his copy of ArmA2 this month he'll start making zWarfare again.

Ai slots reduce works but in citys(chernogorsk & Elektrozavodsk) and basecamp is the same as with all ai players activate.on my rig.^^

Edited by TeilX

Strangelove, I found this feature yesterday (never noticed in A1) and cut down team numbers from 8 to 4 on both sides. Still I get 16 FPS average, pretty much independent from my graphic settings, so Warfare is definitly CPU limited. I'm not sure if the game does spawn the defending resistance soldiers at each depot only when an attacker is near, or if they are populating all of chenarus with defense positions - which would explain the slowdown.