Sign in to follow this  
fire

Razor Two

This mission seems to be buggy

After some time I get a message that Lobotev is leaving the country and that I have 20 minutes left to catch him.

But then immediately the mission ends....

Why didn't I get a chance to catch that guy?

And where is the fourth peace of evidence? I got a card in the castle ruins, dogtags in the mine and photos in one camp.

The opposite happens for me. I get the radio call that he is leaving and I have 20 minutes to get to shakholka to stop him. I've looked there, looked everywhere in Golka, Polana and all other roads/villages nearby and cannot find him anywhere. I was told I only had 20 minutes, I've waited for 6 hours and nothing has happened, I'm unable to progress any further :(

I also have LOTS of random crashes during the 2nd half of this mission (Razor two)

I am getting a lot of CTD bugs in this missoin now.

I have done this mission 3 times, one time I got the 20 min warning but nothing came of it.. just kept on searching couldn't find him.. 3rd attempt I did all missions backwards, and got the 20min warning after searching 2 "X' locations, the power station and was on my way to stolnichya (sp?) when I got the message.. Right after starforce came to pick me up it said he got away and then missions stats followed by CTD...

Frustrating, as I like these open ended missions but these CTD are more and more common as I get further into the game.

Anyone actually found/caught the guy ? Or is the script randomly stuffing up?

Yes there are many versions how to end this mission.

Basicly after the meeting with dressler you should drive to the farm under Vishnoyebut the problem is if you catch Mr.B the mission ends, sometimes and you didn't get the points.

But this is no guarntee to catch him, other users found him on other places so you must watch to a driving car, somtimes it's a Skoda but mostly a the red Golf.

Hi there all

Can someone please post a guide for this mission?

I have been everywhere and ant find a thing - where am i supposed to find this guy?

And how do i use the UAV? is the control terminal located in the base with Dressler, or where you start the mission?

Thanks all - this is very frustrasting, ive been stuck on this mission for hours!

Here's how it went for me, I played it multiple times using different tactics but it always ended differently :

- I got Bardak and mission ended with a victory

- I got the "Lopotev is feeling north you have 20min" and immediatly after a FAIL

- I got the "Lopotev is feeling north you have 20min" and nothing happend...

I never found "Akula" Lopotev though... Is it possible to even get Him... ?

Some spoilers down here of what I found :

- 1 Piece of evidence in castle near Vishnoye

- 1 piece of evidence in the north camp

- Barak can be found by asking the locals and the NAPA guy, he's in the quarry.

i actually found bardak in one of the three camps dressler marks, he started running so i shot him in the leg which apparently killed him and ended the mission (in success)

I've found Bardak twice at a T-junction between Golka and Shakolka, I waited for him (after the 20 minute call) and he arrived both times in a red VW Golf, problem is I blew up the car both times trying to stop him and of course failed the mission.

I also get the warning about him leaving ara in 20 minutes, which (somehow) expired in cca 1 minute, so of course i didn't catch him.

But

in next few missions campaign takes it in account, already has info about Lopotove being co-worker of that crazy blonde russian SpetsNaz guy, so im almost sure i will get my chance to take revenge soon :)

Have played this mission for more then 10 hours now...Frustrating

First i go to Drecsler, then the intel guy, then i drive me and my team to first(closest cross), then second, then third, clear the erea, find the evidence, but then nothing happens...i got alot of crashes, and had to restart a couple of times. Also got then "Lopotev is fleeing north in 20 mins", but cant find him.

I was also at the ruins and got the evidence from there..

Were are the two last pices of evidence?

Could anyone tell how they did this one?

Really, just re-read this thread, than talk to civilians, its the easiest way. Also, realize, that not all objectives are neccessary for mission to end mission successfully. So to save yourself further frustation maybe you only do the minimum.

...Although, 1.02 patch is supposed to be out on Friday ;)

After a long day on this mission i finaly made it to Manhatten :) Gonna stop now to let the 1.02 patch do its magic.

I actualy found Bardak in the quarry near the cost. Dont put to much stock in it though, from the other posts it seems he spawns at diffrent locations.

There are multiple ways to play and end this mission.

The good part is that you can play it again multiple times to see what else you could have done.

The bad part is that the more complexe and open ended the mission, the more it can get buggy at times when various triggers get in conflict (same for Manhattan, while simple SP missions are usually flawless).

Yeah, the changelog shows tat the campaign gets some bugs fixed in 1.02. I like that it's kind of like an rpg in that you choose where to go next but if you are going to get stuck, it's kind of ruins it. Me personally went from Dressler, to the CDF guy in the camp, to the NAPA guy, helped him defend his village, he told me to checkout the power plant, I land back at base, get the 20 minute message, the 5 seconds later the mission ends.

i cant even get it to run. in 1st part, go to lil camp, spoke to the officers. called in heli then it all went black an white and a million lil dots all over screen. ended task an dit wa sall over my desk top. so rebooted, installing nvida tools to change fan speed but i ran it for 20 mins in mp with my m8 getting perfect 30 fps very smooth

hi all can any 1 tell me how i use the chopper service please for instance at start mission i want to use the helicopter to transport us to the base we all mount and he says welcome to taxi service or some thing but then how do i get him to move us all to where i want to go

cheers:bounce3:

If you speak to the locals they will give you different places to go look at.

Evidence i've found.

Map next to a tent in the castle (vyoshnoye - near farm)

Dog tags from a killed soldier at the quary (solnichniy - east coast)

Photos at northern red X camp On table - It was BUGGED for me, stuck inside table, so i had to throw a nade in to move it.

I've read on a forum there was another piece in a cave. Anyone know where that is or perhaps he's talking about the quary. Or what was that about ruins?

I've compltely this misson once and found bardak driving to vyoshnoye, past the castle.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

hi all can any 1 tell me how i use the chopper service please for instance at start mission i want to use the helicopter to transport us to the base we all mount and he says welcome to taxi service or some thing but then how do i get him to move us all to where i want to go

cheers:bounce3:

Open your map, press space / click communications / transport / click on map where you want to go.

Edited by doford

What happens at a location near Visneya? I was under fire.

In the castle on the hill to the east theres evidence. Other then that I found nothing there but a few snipers to take out.

I ended up just going to the Quarry to end the mission after much searching.

I can't do this mission, do the 2 guys even exist?

I've found 3/4 evidence been to the quarry, and everywhere else mentioned. Found bugger all, bah.

I have found Bardak in Solnichniy, in a chalet on the left of the railway. Just kill a couple of enemies and arrest him.

Never found the other guy :((

Has anyone gotten Lopetev? If so how?

I got Bardak in the Quarry and it ended the mission. The rest of the campaign the dialogue speaks as if Lopetev is still free.

Are you even supposed to actually find him?

I will say this and I know it sounds weird. Play the mission in the editor. For some reason, alot of the bugs in the campaign have not to do with the mission itself but with the way the "campaign program" within arma 2 reads them. Only thing is, when you start getting choices later in the campaign, you need to know which version of the mission to play to continue the story. I do know this though, you are apparently not supposed to find Lopotev in this mission.

Does this mission have "trigger point" bugs of some sort?.

Because I have done pretty much that everyone has suggested to do and I'm still driving round the countryside on a sightseeing tour. :(

I have had no "Lopotev is fleeing you have 20 mins etc" message yet.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to completely restart from the very beginning again. Noooooooo!!!!!. :eek: