Sign in to follow this  
Schlomo

Manhattan 2

The Mission, after i´ce kompletet manhatten

i mean the mission where u ve to reche the extraction point, after the ivans have overrun the base.

how and who is there shooting from which direction on me?

everytime i tried, ich got killed while i never ve seen any attacker - i stuck at 7.500 meters to the extraction point

thanks 4 tips and hints

is this a mayor bug becAUSE i didnt shoot the attackrs at the house on the start where i ahd to take the intel an than bomb it?

Edited by Schlomo

There are already threads discussing the same problem. Please use the existing ones.

a link is a quite nice thing i think, perhaps i ´ll find it than

i guess there are no threads depending on bitter cold

You have 2 options; either go with those NAPA guys that arrive on Manhattan or call Starforce 2-1. If you go by yourself, well... good luck :)

Yeah the mission is coded to kill you if you don't follow it right. I went to an empty town that had knowbody in it on the coast. And was shoot by an invisible man.

That mission totally bugged out on me anyway lol. I got in the Helicopter after I called it, and my view was still on the ground, while my guy was in the helicopter flying away. It was very odd.

Then the next mission I had to shut it off because I was still a ghost. Hopefully when I reload it will be back.

That mission isn't very good IMO.

The NAPA guy says that the area is full of SAM launchers, so I did the logical thing: I said goodbye to NAPA and used the humvee to drive through forests avoiding any enemies. I could've easily made it if didn't magically blow up when I tried to cross a certain line.

I had no idea what was going on. I tried all sorts of things, but it just kept blowing up. Eventually I decided to go on foot, but then I got sniped by some ghost sniper that only shot at the character I was playing. I could order my team to throw a party in the open, but as soon as I peeked out I was shot in the face.

As I was trying to get around this I was joined by about three squads of NAPA who wouldn't talk but just patroled around me. :confused:

Then it occured to me that the game probably doesn't want me to reach the extraction point, so I set the game to 4x speed and went for a cup of coffee. I came back, it was an hour over the extraction deadline, but it didn't trigger anything. :confused:

I restarted the mission and took the helicopter, then the game continued as intended.

you mean the chopper never got shot down?

all this talk from the napa guys about sams and i took it to heart on my play throughs

It gets shot down, but team razor survive.

thank god I found this thread, just wasted 2 hours trying to get past the 7500m line. What on earth were they thinking making the mission like that?

I would suggest this to improve the mission:

1st: the guerillas have to be seen more easy, I be honest, I did not noticed them at all at the first time, I was under heavy fire and decided to escape from the hill by foot, maybe they could add some words by your teammembers like "Hey, who is that up there ? Let's go check it out, maybe they know what happend."

2nd: They have to tell you, that you wont reach the coast by yourself, not just the warning about the AA units, but they really have to give you the impression that your dead on the ground if you don't follow them ("Lots of hidden snipers and AT units in the forests")

Yeah this really s***s!

Here Is my story with this mission:

I was distracted when the NAPA boys took off, so I didn't notice which direction they went and I decided to go on my own (after declining the Heli). Then I found a friendly APC which would accept me as their commander. Lucky me! :yay: So I drove the APC while my boys followed in an URAL (They couldn't get into the APC because that was crowded with other friendlies).

So we drove along the coastline, shooting some hostiles every now and then and everything was fine. :)

Then, as I come close to the extraction point, the APC blows up. Next try ... no enemies to be seen but APC blows up. Next try ... I disembark, walk crouched, no enemies to be seen - headshot. :mad:

Rant @the mission designer:

I made another 10 attempts before I realized that this is f***ing scripted! I HATE such scripts, really! They don't make any sense at all, from the player's point of view. And all they do is frustrate, while the player tries to find a way around it. I can live with some bugs (ArmA 2 still has plenty) but things like this are purely stupid!

Going back to restart the mission and do it as the dev intended it to be. Great freedom. :mad:

Edit: The thread title should include "Bitter Chill" (name of the mission).

Edited by Atrocious

Agreed. Scripted kill zones suck. I could live with it if it quickly became obvious that you're doing something that is not allowed. But as it was during my first playthrough, I kept trying and trying (with a whole lot of crying), every time with the same result. I reluctantly called Starforce as a last resort (bad AI crashing experience made me shun it like hell), and the mission went on as designed.

On the next try (with 1.03), I did the NAPA route previously and I got to talk to them at the FOB (where they there before? Never noticed them). This time around the scripted kill did not happen, but instead USMC decided to leave early. Why couldn't that have happened the first time? Stupid ass USMC leaving me behind, but at least it's not a kill script that just leaves me baffled.

Okay, now that I've completed the mission, I can see why you're not supposed to reach the destination. Still, scripted kills are annoying.

My suggestion (for the sake of being a smart***):

- No killzones

- Shorter time-frame for extraction

- Lots of Speznaz and RPG soldiers in the forest to the south; Tanks at the main roads

- Message at 1700 from the captain, saying that they had to leave on time because of the politicians etc

The game could blend to past 1800 then and dispatch you somewhere near Elektro.

-> This should simply make it impossible to get there in time. IF - for whatever reason - someone makes it in time, he would only find an empty base (and still get the message at 1700). This might feel strange, but it's waaaaaaaay less strange than being killed by ghosts (and it shouldn't happen anyway).