Hey guys, does anyone know of a mod that has children? I want to have some afghani kids running round in my missions, also, having children in arma 2 brings me one step closer to my dream, to have Ewoks in Arma 2

I could share the Ewok dream with you but kids? Too many sick puppies around methinks.

hi there had a massive trawl through and cant find a separate addon for the mv22 osprey, i know they are are default i have tried to pull the default one about but cant get it to work again when i pbo it back up, basically wanted to know if there is one and ive missed the tread and if not could someone make one please mainly so i can change the skins and check ingame. ive currently done reskins for the harrier,c130 and f35 (which i can get to work) its basically so i can snapshot it in game and check the reskins look ok ingame before i releasing the reskin pack to the community

you can see my work in progress on another arma related website i have the same username there

finished the c130 in raf 47th squadren desert and green and several harrier reskins including a joint effort with 'boss' to bring his harrier reskin pack into arma2 from arma plus some new reskins

osprey reskins include

desert version

black version - spec ops

green marine version

and possibly white

thanks

Hey guys, does anyone know of a mod that has children? I want to have some afghani kids running round in my missions, also, having children in arma 2 brings me one step closer to my dream, to have Ewoks in Arma 2

I don't think that sub adult sized humans (or humanoids) are practical in ArmA 2 because I don't think the character skeletons are scaleable.

hi there had a massive trawl through and cant find a separate addon for the mv22 osprey, i know they are are default i have tried to pull the default one about but cant get it to work again when i pbo it back up, basically wanted to know if there is one and ive missed the tread and if not could someone make one please mainly so i can change the skins and check ingame. ive currently done reskins for the harrier,c130 and f35 (which i can get to work) its basically so i can snapshot it in game and check the reskins look ok ingame before i releasing the reskin pack to the community

you can see my work in progress on another arma related website i have the same username there

finished the c130 in raf 47th squadren desert and green and several harrier reskins including a joint effort with 'boss' to bring his harrier reskin pack into arma2 from arma plus some new reskins

osprey reskins include

desert version

black version - spec ops

green marine version

and possibly white

thanks

You can reskin an addon without messing with them provided they have what is called 'hidden selections' enabled in the config. It looks like the default mv22 doesn't have hidden selections, but you might try experimenting.

In the arrays:

hiddenselections[] = {};
hiddenselectionstextures[] = {};

We can put the names of selections on the model and the name of some texture, respectively. Common BI selection names for texture assignments are camo1, camo2, and camo3. You might try making a config that inherits from MV22 and seeing if you can replace the texture that way.

class MV22;
class myMV22: MV22
{
hiddenselections[] = { camo1 };
hiddenselectionstextures[] = { some\pathto\mytexture.tga };
};

For a look at the mv22 config, check out the six config browser:

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/MV22/config?version=58

For more information on configing, check out the configs and scripting subforum:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?95-ARMA-2-amp-OA-ADDONS-Configs-amp-Scripting

And this thread in particular:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130062-The-Configs-amp-Scripting-Info-Thread-(WIP)

Edited by Max Power

hi maxpower thanks for the links and info

im really having trouble getting my head around scripting and thought it would be easier to have a separate addon. ive made some changes in the script but not having anyjoy at all on that at the mo but these links should help

still after a separate addon

May somebody please convert the

from ARMA 1 over to ARMA 2?

Would be too much work for one bloke; would have to be a massive undertaking. VBS2 has children, though. Personally, it would be nice to have children in from a realism perspective. I'd like to be able to interact with the children during humanitarian-themed missions

Edited by Laqueesha

im really having trouble getting my head around scripting and thought it would be easier to have a separate addon. ive made some changes in the script but not having anyjoy at all on that at the mo but these links should help

It's not scripting so much as configing. If you have the texture assets ready to go you might find someone to help you with the config part.

Hello, I am looking for multiplayer script/edit help. I am an experienced programmer, but I never did anything with ArmA 2 except playing it.

To not talk around it, as it may be a "i don't care about THIS mod" moment, I am running a private hive DayZ server from my home machine. I am using this to play a 8 player, teams of 2 Hunger Games/Battle Royale with a bunch of friends.

There is no BattleEye active, so the scripts/edits can be pretty invasive. If it helps anyone to know what they are dealing with: I am using Bliss to host/setup the server.

The edits/scripts I am looking for are the following (ordered by importance):

• Freeze players - We are playing in sessions and we play simultaniously. So in order to guarantee absolute fairness, I'd like to be able to freeze all players in place after they initially joined the game. When everyone is ready - unfreeze and the game resumes to normal. The optimal case would be if there was some way to give players a whitescreen/blackscreen until the unfreeze.
  • Teleport Players - at the moment our teams spawn all over the map. In order to create situations like "all players begin in the same area" or "all teammates begin in the same place" I'd like to teleport players to certain coordinates and/or to other players.
  • Change Server Time - The DayZ ingame time is real time and dependent on the time set on the hosting machine. We are playing a rather elaborate game, so we have to take breaks because we can't just play straight until only 1 team remains. However, when we do take breaks, we remember the time we shut the server down and when we continiue I rehost the server at the same time. However this does require me to change the time of my pc - which gets a little annoying. Since I assume that changing the time of the server with scripts is a rather easy thing todo, I'd like to know how I can accomplish this feat.
  • Transform Player into a Crow - I want to be able to transform players that died into crows to allow them spectating the remaining players. I understand that this is the usual respawn form of ArmA 2 Coop missions. Since this is not the case for DayZ, I probably need to transform the respawned players via a script, unless someone here actually knows how to change the respawn rules.
  • Forbid Zone Script - as the game progresses we forbid the players to go to certain areas of the map in order to limit the playground and promote contact between the teams. If possible I'd like to make a script that displays a 10 second warning upon entering forbidden zones - alternatively a script to create invisible/translucent colored walls around the forbidden zones. The zones would be defined as 2d figures defined by any number of corners which know their 2 adjacent corners. I have no idea how difficult this is to do in ArmA 2 and I don't expect this to be possible at all.

The following things are probably special for DayZ, so please don't feel insulted by me asking for assistance with it:

• Edit Loot Spawnrates / despawn certain loot upon spawning - I want to forbid certain items in the game

Thank you for reading this. If I am in the wrong thread/forum with this, please let me know.

Kind regards

Edited by MalkContent

hi thanks again maxpower

so i would be better to put a request in for that then best go find the right thread

I would like to make a request. I did a quick search, but did not found any mention of what Im going to ask for. Im warning you this is NOT a realistic concept, so bear with me.

It would be cool if there was a deployable "automated" turret, that player can pick up, carry it around and put them where they want it. It wouldnt need to be big, about 1m-1.5m would suffice, so it could peer over obstacles. The main gun is something Im not sure about, but .50 cal seems to be a good choice, but firing in semi-auto instead of full auto. The muzzle elevation should be ranging from -20 to 50 degrees. The player would have option to remotely order turret to open or stop fire, maybe only within specified distance. Also direct video feed (with thermal imaging) option would be nice.

The turret could be damaged and destroyed by concentrated small arms fire, but it should be though enough to withstand some damage, while being fragile enough so infantry can take it out (so it wont be overpowered). Of course any heavy weapons would take out turret in no time.

From codding point of view such turret is rather easy to make, as you only would need to put AI soldier in it and it would behave like AI controlled static MG. IMHO a pilot would be best as, with ASR AI, they have best spotting stat. This the same deal as with UAV's, they too have guys sitting inside them (I checked). Of course such AI would have to silent and without ability to exit the turret. You would just tell AI to engage anything and it will do it's job as normal.

The turret should have low visibility, so every tank, attack helicopter or plane wont see it from 50km away. It should be as visible as static MG or something.

The problem is with ammo and damage and how to handle this. I think that both should be saved when turret is packed up and redeployed. However how to deal with fixing it and resupplying ammo? Should player be able to fix it via action and ammunition could be simply "put" inside it?

Of course there is an issue with creation of model that would be used as well.

So why such turret would be nice? Well think of possibilities of such little gun: you are on solo night mission (just because :p) and there is an enemy squad guarding your objective. You cant take them on, so you set up turret in some cover, with good view on enemy position, with open ground between them. You order turret to hold fire and you hide yourself where you can catch enemy into crossfire. Then you order turret to open fire, the enemy is like "WTF is shooting us?!" and try to maneuver themselves to attack the turret, doing so they leave their cover allowing you to pick them off while they are preoccupied with the turret chewing them up. You could also use the turret to cover your retreat, or as an overwatch "sniper" controlling the area from some high up place with good visibility.

So yeah, that's my "Sentry Gun" request.

Edited by Taro8

Copy the original textures, edit them and write a replacement config?

Requesting a mod that makes the UN CDF in OA have the same heads as the ones in A2. Seems kinda odd that there are black chernarussians and such now.

Copy the original textures, edit them and write a replacement config?

hi thanks for the advise this is what i spent most of last night doing still with no joy was thinking of posting a new thread in config help section as no matter what i do i cant get it to show ingame but dont get any errors on loadup.

ALso been through the editing section to see if anyone has had a similar problem with no joy as yet. new topic here as this is a request thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140820-addon-config-bin-cpp-help-please&p=2232464#post2232464

Original request still stands tho if someone is willing to help/do thanks guys

I figure I'd ask about this here too, seeing as I want to have the most realistic depictions of the ArmA games. What mods/addons do I need to make ArmA II the most authentic it can be? I have all of the ACE mod stuff, and I'm using JTD as well as ASR. Am I missing anything? Is JSRS an improvement to the sound selection from the ACE pack? Are Blastcore Visuals still worth using for explosives and for a visual punch, or is there a better mod out there?

Hello, I am looking for multiplayer script/edit help. I am an experienced programmer, but I never did anything with ArmA 2 except playing it.

To not talk around it, as it may be a "i don't care about THIS mod" moment, I am running a private hive DayZ server from my home machine. I am using this to play a 8 player, teams of 2 Hunger Games/Battle Royale with a bunch of friends.

There is no BattleEye active, so the scripts/edits can be pretty invasive. If it helps anyone to know what they are dealing with: I am using Bliss to host/setup the server.

The edits/scripts I am looking for are the following (ordered by importance):

• Freeze players - We are playing in sessions and we play simultaniously. So in order to guarantee absolute fairness, I'd like to be able to freeze all players in place after they initially joined the game. When everyone is ready - unfreeze and the game resumes to normal. The optimal case would be if there was some way to give players a whitescreen/blackscreen until the unfreeze.
  • Teleport Players - at the moment our teams spawn all over the map. In order to create situations like "all players begin in the same area" or "all teammates begin in the same place" I'd like to teleport players to certain coordinates and/or to other players.
  • Change Server Time - The DayZ ingame time is real time and dependent on the time set on the hosting machine. We are playing a rather elaborate game, so we have to take breaks because we can't just play straight until only 1 team remains. However, when we do take breaks, we remember the time we shut the server down and when we continiue I rehost the server at the same time. However this does require me to change the time of my pc - which gets a little annoying. Since I assume that changing the time of the server with scripts is a rather easy thing todo, I'd like to know how I can accomplish this feat.
  • Transform Player into a Crow - I want to be able to transform players that died into crows to allow them spectating the remaining players. I understand that this is the usual respawn form of ArmA 2 Coop missions. Since this is not the case for DayZ, I probably need to transform the respawned players via a script, unless someone here actually knows how to change the respawn rules.
  • Forbid Zone Script - as the game progresses we forbid the players to go to certain areas of the map in order to limit the playground and promote contact between the teams. If possible I'd like to make a script that displays a 10 second warning upon entering forbidden zones - alternatively a script to create invisible/translucent colored walls around the forbidden zones. The zones would be defined as 2d figures defined by any number of corners which know their 2 adjacent corners. I have no idea how difficult this is to do in ArmA 2 and I don't expect this to be possible at all.

The following things are probably special for DayZ, so please don't feel insulted by me asking for assistance with it:

• Edit Loot Spawnrates / despawn certain loot upon spawning - I want to forbid certain items in the game

Thank you for reading this. If I am in the wrong thread/forum with this, please let me know.

Kind regards

You might want to ask in Editing and Scripting http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?93-ARMA-2-amp-OA-MISSIONS-Editing-amp-Scripting

Some community made missions add action to bandage wounds to restore some HP onn self and others, which is nice touch. I wonder if someone could make addon of it, adding such action to any unit, but only if physical bandage/first aid kit item is in player's inventory. Sadly, my scripting skills are close to none, I tired to extract that feature from Oden_BIS to make it standalone but failed miserably.

[EDIT]

Another idea. I wonder if anyone made addon to change way AI is reporting spotted units, from near-useless (because 12 o'clock is not fixed) clock indicator to fairy precise azimuth using compass, as human players in MP do. Changing voice reports would be too much hassle, but wonder if it possible to change on-screen reports from lets say "Enemy, Men, 9 o'clock, 500 meters" to "Enemy, Men, 280, 500 meters".

Edited by boota

May somebody please make a UH-1N Twin Huey? If that's too much work and not possible, then may somebody please reskin (based on these) the Takistani UH-1 Huey and add one to the USMC faction?

If so, the reskin should be based on the USMC's UH-1N Twin Huey paint scheme; similar to the ones below:

BLAUH-1_2.jpg

BLAUH-1.jpg

800px-Uh-1n_takeoff.JPG

Edited by Laqueesha

[EDIT]

Another idea. I wonder if anyone made addon to change way AI is reporting spotted units, from near-useless (because 12 o'clock is not fixed) clock indicator to fairy precise azimuth using compass, as human players in MP do. Changing voice reports would be too much hassle, but wonder if it possible to change on-screen reports from lets say "Enemy, Men, 9 o'clock, 500 meters" to "Enemy, Men, 280, 500 meters".

GAM Clockfacing Report

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14183

May somebody please make a UH-1N Twin Huey? If that's too much work and not possible, then may somebody please reskin (based on these) the Takistani UH-1 Huey and add one to the USMC faction?

If so, the reskin should be based on the USMC's UH-1N Twin Huey paint scheme; similar to the ones below:

http://www.impdb.org/images/2/2a/BLAUH-1_2.jpg

http://www.impdb.org/images/7/7b/BLAUH-1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Uh-1n_takeoff.JPG/800px-Uh-1n_takeoff.JPG

Hey

I made the textures for that but i never got it to work but if someone would do the config for it i could send you the texture files.

Regards.

Hey

I made the textures for that but i never got it to work but if someone would do the config for it i could send you the texture files.

Regards.

Sent you a PM about those textures.

Well, I've tried searching, and nothing's turning up... :(

Has anyone done an Mi24 Hind with a door gunner position on both sides?

If not, what is the best way to go about bribing someone to do one?

Ta!

There's another mod that I think I've seen when playing Project Reality, that makes it show an exact bearing on-screen

when pressing the Compass key. You don't happen to know what that is do you?

Maybe this:

SAM SAFDS (Small arms fire detection system)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11643

If this has already been said somewhere i'm sorry i couldn't find it anywhere. I've read all the confirmed vehicles and stuff and i didn't see anything about aircraft that could build vehicles, i know how in arma 2 you could carry vehicles by wires or dropped by a c130, but i think it would be a lot more realistic, and frankly a lot more awesome, if we could physically drive it onto the aircraft. Like open the C130 doors and drive a tank onto it maybe walk around inside of the c130 walk up to the cockpit, considering how big the c130 is in real life. And maybe a helicopter specially designed to have smal vehicles drivin on and delivered. I feel like this would make for much more fun game play.

Maybe this:

SAM SAFDS (Small arms fire detection system)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11643

Not that, although it looks interesting. What I'm talking about is it showing the direction I'm looking at as a bearing at the bottom of the screen when I press the compass key.

Welcome to the community Armafan716,

Normally if you have suggestions for, or are trying to locate an addon you should post it in the addon request thread. I'll merge this thread in there now, but be sure you take a look at the rules you accepted when you joined. Rules about searching before posting, posting in the right thread, etc are in there.