I would really Appreciate it if someone made an 'Anti dayz' Search feature.

I enjoy playing on proper military servers that involve teamwork and coop, but I have to go on a full treasure hunt to find one amongst all the days servers. My Request is that someone makes a plugin or modification of some sort where I can search for servers and all that run Dayz can be vanished!

There was this update , so you might want to update your beta (http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/):

[95309] Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

Obviously only affects the in-game server browser so if you use Six Updater you'll have to ask for that feature to be added.

There was this update , so you might want to update your beta (http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/):

[95309] Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

Obviously only affects the in-game server browser so if you use Six Updater you'll have to ask for that feature to be added.

Doesn't work for me as well, and I keep seeing all the DayZ servers even with DayZ not enabled.

So not to deviate thread too much, a proper server browser was long due and it's one of the big big "misses" of Arma 2. Partially solved by 3rd party browsers/launchers/updaters. But they are still too complex and clunky. To find a decent Arma game going on in a public server is hard enough, browsing through servers to find what you want and then connect to it should be dead easy. This is one big reason I don't even try joining servers any more - the only times I play are with pre set squads or hosting a game to friends.

the only times I play are with pre set squads or hosting a game to friends.
Playing with a pre-set squad i find is a better experience than playing on a public server.

Hello guys,

Our community (tangodown.nl) and some other Dutch groups are looking for someone who can take up the task to create Dutch army units.

A while ago, in 2010, aeneas2020 made some nice looking units (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9117), but we have never managed to contact him again.

These units look good, but the problem is that they are based on old arma 2 units, and they lack certain features of OA (the ability to carry backpacks etc).

Also this modpack came with a weapons mod attached, and we want to get rid of it and just have the units themselves.

So if some skilled guy out there wants to create these units, tangodown and I think the other groups will be most grateful. You will be forever in our debt

A-7 Corsair

Pelican from Halo series (Basically V-22 with different mesh)

Some kind of map with an airport, but an actual airport with a terminal and stuff

Corsair would be pretty cool...although I think I'd rather see it in the Unsung mod, after all it is a Vietnam era Navy Aircraft

Let's stay on topic here, please.

Also, no need to reiterate your server filter request. I don't think you can add custom server filters in an Addon. I do not believe those things are controlled by PBOs. Someone else may know more. It sounds like the developers are on top of that anyways, so for someone to put their free time into making such a server filter, if complicated, would be a waste of their own time anyways.

Some updated CH53's? Dean's CH-53E Is a good craft, but theres no updates to it, and its kinda unarmed and slow :(

i was wounder if someone could create this?

Combat-motorcycle.jpg

something like this, the model of the bike is in game, colour wouldnt really matter, a LMG that can be fired by the driver/rider, and some weapons that are on the bike, not usable but just adds charater to the bike.

and maybe a splinter cell, sam fisher, navy diver/swimmer black ops guy like for a playable charater. thanks

Edited by BadWolf33

Hello. Was looking at some of the capabilities and customers of the VBS2 engine. There are many first responder and search and rescue applications. A combination of civilian search and rescue helicopters, lifeboats and other teams would be interesting. How about a Lifeboat and a mission to search a given area and rescue some people. There are also land based scenarios like being a first responder (ambulance, paramedic, fire service, police, security services) to terrorist or natural disasters like earth quakes. How about you begin in a city ? There is a quake and motorway flyovers fall and buildings come down. Then you mission in logistics, management and quick response to the most serious areas effected.

and maybe a splinter cell, sam fisher, navy diver/swimmer black ops guy like for a playable charater. thanks

have a look at Meatball's MARSOC units, Diver's are due to be added soon.

Hello. Was looking at some of the capabilities and customers of the VBS2 engine. There are many first responder and search and rescue applications. A combination of civilian search and rescue helicopters, lifeboats and other teams would be interesting. How about a Lifeboat and a mission to search a given area and rescue some people. There are also land based scenarios like being a first responder (ambulance, paramedic, fire service, police, security services) to terrorist or natural disasters like earth quakes. How about you begin in a city ? There is a quake and motorway flyovers fall and buildings come down. Then you mission in logistics, management and quick response to the most serious areas effected.

there's a bunch of German Emergancy services, US coast guard rescue helo's and i think villas did a civilian/emergancy car pack, all of its on Armaholic

have a look at Meatball's MARSOC units, Diver's are due to be added soon.

Thanks, oh and by the way its good to see another aussie, i was woundering if you would feel the same about seeing a reskin of the usa troops, into the AAW soldiers as a replacement pack? my request was on page 499, but i would like it to see it on a aussie server or something like that.

Thanks, oh and by the way its good to see another aussie, i was woundering if you would feel the same about seeing a reskin of the usa troops, into the AAW soldiers as a replacement pack? my request was on page 499, but i would like it to see it on a aussie server or something like that.

Sorry, i know nothing of replacement configs, the problem with it aswell is that servers with keys need to have the replace config and AAW aswell on there server, also a problem would be that the AAW units are a part of a larger pack (3 mods in total) if they could be seperated without any issues with permission for redistribution from the AAW team then you would be a little better off.

Wanted to ask if it is possible to create new heads/faces of people in different gas masks? or at least respirators that can be attached to heads like sunglasses and other accessories?

Hi guys.

I request a specific addon/mod - and I think the one who will make it will be the new hero for everyone here!

Can someone make an AI driving mod?

someone released something like that quite a while ago, but it is outdated (due to the new patches), and I wanna know if someone is willing to/working on something like that?

Something like a small (or big, I don't care as long as it works) pbo file which modify (in the good way) the AI pathfinding and driving.

Thanks, Wiki

Hello,

I request the Sopmod Block II for the M4/M4a1

sopmod_block2.jpg

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss5/kisgenp/SOPMODII.jpg (158 kB)

The common characteristics and equipment that the Block II M4A1s have:

Barrel:

14.5" M4 or SOCOM contour barrel

Flash Hider:

Standard A2 or KAC NT4

Rail System:

Early Block II M4A1s still used the KAC M4 RAS

DD RIS II in dark earth

Vertical grips

Tango down battle grip in tan

KAC

Grip-Pod

Rail panels:

Tango Down

KAC

Front sight:

KAC flip up in tan

standard front sight base (if early Block II with M4 RAS)

Optics:

Elcan Specter DR SU-230

EOTech SU-231-PEQ (EOTech 553)

ACOG SU-237 (TA01-ECOS)

Older SOPMOD Block I optics (TA01NSN, ECOS-C, older EOTechs) have also been seen on Block II rifles

EOTech/Aimpoint 3x magnifiers

IR Lasers:

Insight AN/PEQ-15

Flashlight:

Insight M3 (SU-233/PVS)

Older SOPMOD Block VBL's like the Surefire M951 or Surefire Scout have also been seen in use

Rear sight:

KAC 300m

KAC 600m

MaTech

Buttstock:

standard M4 (both older CAR style and newer "LE" style)

LMT SOPMOD

Ref Photo:

fctkx0.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/javaman85/P1010435.jpg (145 kB)

I'd be so grateful and also the community, as this would come very useful.

-Thank you :)

Does anyone still have Kju's Chernarus with no trees / buildings? The links at DevHeaven seem to be down and they didn't seem to be hosted anywhere else.

Hello guys,

Our community (tangodown.nl) and some other Dutch groups are looking for someone who can take up the task to create Dutch army units.

A while ago, in 2010, aeneas2020 made some nice looking units (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9117), but we have never managed to contact him again.

These units look good, but the problem is that they are based on old arma 2 units, and they lack certain features of OA (the ability to carry backpacks etc).

Also this modpack came with a weapons mod attached, and we want to get rid of it and just have the units themselves.

So if some skilled guy out there wants to create these units, tangodown and I think the other groups will be most grateful. You will be forever in our debt

beta addon was made while ago and it was seting up in cooperation of few people, maybe within hours you will see it, but it is lite addon which is designed to be given to Dutch mod if such will be set up in future, so soon you will have such addon , very soon, i can tell what is inside:

2 soldiers models (DPM camo and desert US tricolor camo as found on Milphotos net)

C7 Elcan, C8 Elcan, HK 416 with Aimpoint, C7 with AG36

AIFV in 3 variants: 25mm turret, M2 turret , ambulance

CV9035

I want to request someone model the Sukhoi PAK-FA fighter into A2. Theres already F15/F16/F18 and Flanker-D/E and EuroFighter. PAK-FA would be a very nice addition to A2, plus I think it looks sexy.

45mm [recoilless]autocannons for Frogfoot planes, that designed by KBP for them during Su-25T modernisation programm, eventually turned into what we're know as Su-39 tank hunter. sadly gun update part was skipped due political reasons[and with minor economical grounding].

combined with telescopic APFSD-T rounds, designed for them, they can become really pain in ass for BLUFOR ground troops, while present canons, installed, was remain "just in case", rarely not screwed/jammed onboard short after about twenty rounds fired or so and express INTOLERABLE stress to plane internal structure, seriously contradicting with using them :[

What I don't really understand is how after such a long time since OA release we still have seen hardly any weapons with nightvision sights, considering the massive variety of weapons that is currently available spread on a large variety of weapon (or compete pack) mods. Any special reason that every single weapon modeler out there completely ignores these?

What I don't really understand is how after such a long time since OA release we still have seen hardly any weapons with nightvision sights, considering the massive variety of weapons that is currently available spread on a large variety of weapon (or compete pack) mods. Any special reason that every single weapon modeler out there completely ignores these?

how many mods you tested so far ? ;)

if you would check P85 or Polish modern army pack you would find several NV scopes on rifles,

but i think that reason is different - we like playing in daytime, it is funny gaming watching beautiful scenery of islands made by BIS or by moders,

thats why moders often do "day" weapons cause most players play "daytime" missions ,

not even saying about FLIR, which is ... not fun gaming, it is like playing Predator... no challenge, i hate FLIR "in games" (i know its importance in symulators) but than it is ... no warrior challenge play, no "equal chance to die"

so there are such scopes on weapons, but maybe you should check more mods and addons

45mm [recoilless]autocannons for Frogfoot planes, that designed by KBP for them during Su-25T modernisation programm, eventually turned into what we're know as Su-39 tank hunter. sadly gun update part was skipped due political reasons[and with minor economical grounding].

combined with telescopic APFSD-T rounds, designed for them, they can become really pain in ass for BLUFOR ground troops, while present canons, installed, was remain "just in case", rarely not screwed/jammed onboard short after about twenty rounds fired or so and express INTOLERABLE stress to plane internal structure, seriously contradicting with using them :[

Never heard of this 45mm cannon. I've heard that they wanted to fit the GSh-30-6 to some Frogfoot variant, but it seems nothing came of that. Any links about this weapon system?

Never heard of this 45mm cannon. I've heard that they wanted to fit the GSh-30-6 to some Frogfoot variant, but it seems nothing came of that. Any links about this weapon system?

nope.

no info found at all.

not within GRAU, nor within KBP archives/museum.

even Tochmash and DoD and Military-Industrial Commision seems cleaned/expunged on-topic :[

Gsh-30-6 ? NO WAY. nor purpose.this six-barrel beast can ruin even Su-24/Mig-27 on which they mounted, thats why they switched back from gsh-30-6"M" version with RoF about 10.000 rounds per/minute to older one.

main advantage of 45mm recoilless autocanon - [almost]no recoil, rather than other, more usual[and less meaningful], benefits.

TKB-700 was however GSH-30-6 upscale model, further boasting this beast fire-power, aside high-RoF Gsh-30-6M model and 57mm autocanons and designed to be fitted to "badass flying fortress"-approach-designed[ie, like American A10 ;], Il-40, Il-102 and similar project. basically, aircraft designer install TWO of such canons in front[first 2x 45, then 2x 57 autocanons]. you could only guess how it woul perform against single GAU-8 on A10 ;-) but thank good, thats soviet pick "workhorse of close airsupport. light, simple, agile attack craft" approach instead with numerous benefits, resulted Su-25 creation[most respected plane in both AF and ground troops].

originally, this project started, in early 1980's as ...full-auto AT canon R&D project. after some speculations in Western science press[groundless, as later re-evaluted], Soviet miltary scientists fear chances that OPFOR can encounter medium-caliber AT-guns with burst-fire capabilities. after some quick calculations and [math]simulations Soviet scientists conclude thats 3-5[or longer]rounds-long burst from AT canons can significantly improve their performance and pose seriously more[notable] threat, than before.

that partially grounded by some[quite rudimentary]works in Oto Melara, Oerlicon and Bofors [on 76mm, 35mm and 40mm guns, respectively, if im remmeber right].

but contrary to their western colleagues[both real and fictional, they supposed to oppose], Soviet scientists suggested to focus on sytems with more reasonable usage overhead, rather than clip-feed mosters, described above, which mean, biggest belt-fed systems for reference, which is 45mm in that Era[of Soviet technology]. thats eventually sparkled related stuff with emphasis on low usage overhead, low recoil, high-performance and cheap rounds and others, very soviets-specific/favored things.

so here we're get new beast. fire-breathing, tank-eating monster from USSR. this time for airborne platform.

amount of cleaning done, scale of that&impact and re-appearance of portions of related R&D in NA company, lead to guessing about possible CI failure[some high-ranked jerks traded technology, obviously]at very top level.

generally is considered serious alternative to fitting BMP4 armament unit into anything, initially supposed[watch for BTR-90M project or BMD-4M project for reference].

main difference between two canon variants is canon for ground units make in Rheinmethal-style[they, after Borzig, develop this idea during and after WWII], ie ceaseless[see Bushmaster mk2 or Bofors update for reference] gun, while air variant was made around recoil-less rounds, which cost some fire-performance[cuz more propellant and less warhead used]but with serveral improvements in recoil, accuracy, cost of use/maintain/operate in result.

IFV version of gun, feeded/consumed ordinary cased rounds, in contrary to recoilless TKB-700 counterparts.

depicted here http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/84133-russian-45mm-cased-telescoped-ammunition round is created for rifled[which created later for BMP2 field update]variant of gun, btw, not original smothbore.

Edited by BasileyOne

Are there any Civilian Airplanes?

Actually looking for some to get my mission working.