Thanks Burnsi,

will give this a try! But still, we need the other stuff! :)

Want to know what'd be cool? War of the Worlds Martians. It's possible they could even use the various incarnations of the war machines and such as different vehicles.

It would indeed be very cool but animating the tripod would not be easy- not because animating tripods is hard... in fact, I think it would be quite fun. It's just that, vehicles in game have a certain, low level way of animating and animating walking and stuff like that has been done but the work required is extremely dry.

Considering how much of a problem we're having with GTA modders stealing Arma/BIS content for their mods I think I would rather not have anything to do with modding GTA, one way or another.

It would indeed be very cool but animating the tripod would not be easy- not because animating tripods is hard... in fact, I think it would be quite fun. It's just that, vehicles in game have a certain, low level way of animating and animating walking and stuff like that has been done but the work required is extremely dry.

Kind of thought it'd be something like that.

Oh well, I can still use those aliens from Isle Duala for my Earth vs. Invaders editor fights. Unless somebody makes those weird 1950s War of the Worlds fighting machines or something. I'm guessing it'd be tough to make the force field though.

First, let me happily state that I spent an hour finally figuring out how to get rid of motion blur. I used Oktane's fantastic mod from here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97853-oktNoBlur-Signed-Blur-Remover-Addon What's critical to remember is that one HAS TO turn their Post Processing setting to "Low." Ever since, I've enormously boosted framerates. Yay! :yay: So much grief, now gone!

What I would badly like is to have more buildings created that could be occupied by the player and AI. The AI would also be able to take full advantage of the features offered through the asr_ai mod, and they would be fully compatible with the houselights mod by TPW.

It would be especially nice if these new buildings possessed a "Western" aesthetic. I think that we have enough Central and Eastern European buildings for now, and the same holds true for Mideast aesthetics as well. Something along the lines of 4-5 one and two story domestic houses, and businesses/apartments that are at their max 3-4 stories high. Two-three shopping and strip malls would be nice too.

With a cherry on top! :)

I just started making some american houses for an american city/village map if someone wanna use?. I'm going to make the houses enterable and alot of detail if anyone wanna help me with this then please PM me. :D

I could make a mall with a cherry on top ;)

regards,

astast

Edited by astast

I dont know if these units exist yet but CIA paramilitary or tier 1 operators (specifically DEVGRU or 1st-SFOD) would be great to see in game

Hello Everyone, I am here to request a model/unit for my Team.

We need our team loadout to be implemented into the game (Arma 2:OA, Arma 2).

This is going to be very descriptive because i want 100% accuracy and realism.

So here it goes;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unit #1 (Blufor>GST>Operator (2002) )

Head:

Mich 2002 in Brown with Wilcox NVG mount and ESS Goggles (Or generic goggles)

Black Balcava (Ski Mask)

Torso:

Multicam Top with American Flags (Standard+Reversed on each shoulder, Subdued if possible)

MBSS in Tan (RBSS) with Triple stack mag pouches and Admin pouch with Hydration pack on Back

Bottom:

Multicam Bottom

Multicam kneepads

Uncle Mike's/Blackhawk Serpa with M1911/M9 (optional)

Boots:

Standard issue Rothco boots

Unit #2 (Blufor>GST>Operator (2000) )

Head:

Mich 2000 in Brown with NO NVG mount

Black Balcava (Ski Mask)

Torso:

Multicam Top with American Flags (Standard+Reversed on each shoulder, Subdued if possible)

RRV or RRBV Chest Rig with Triple stack mag pouches and SMG pouch

Bottom:

Multicam Bottom

Multicam kneepads

Uncle Mike's/Blackhawk Serpa with M1911/M9 (optional)

Boots:

Standard issue Rothco boots

Weapons:

HK MP7 with no Attachments. "C1987" has a good MP7 model out, i just need it on the soldiers when they spawn.

If anyone can achieve this, it will be much appreciated, i am not asking anyone to take valuable time out of their day to do this, because i dont want to freeload. But if anyone has the resources and models, ill be VERY happy.

Kind of thought it'd be something like that.

Oh well, I can still use those aliens from Isle Duala for my Earth vs. Invaders editor fights. Unless somebody makes those weird 1950s War of the Worlds fighting machines or something. I'm guessing it'd be tough to make the force field though.

Actually I think it would be rather easy to make a force field- especially since they are basically invulnerable to everything including nukes. The force field part would be an extremely simple matter. The visualization of the forcefield would be more difficult but I believe quite doable.

Actually I think it would be rather easy to make a force field- especially since they are basically invulnerable to everything including nukes. The force field part would be an extremely simple matter. The visualization of the forcefield would be more difficult but I believe quite doable.

Rydygier has been making some remarkable visual effects for Rincewinder - those scripts might have some relevance; at a minimum, maybe generate some ideas e.g., how to visualise a laser or particle beam being deflected by an invisible shield.

Vanilla game has these already, though I can't remember which of these modules.

Addons that provide that include COSLX (A2SLX if you don't have OA as well). Requires CBA.

I know, I know and I can't play without any first aid addon however slx wounds adds few things i don't want and there is no dragging action in that first aid support addon. I'm thinking about a simple addon that adds such action.

I know, I know and I can't play without any first aid addon however slx wounds adds few things i don't want and there is no dragging action in that first aid support addon. I'm thinking about a simple addon that adds such action.

You might end up re-inventing the wheel - take a look at this thread - there are several drag/lift/carry scripts cited, plus at least one that allows you to place the load inside a vehicle.

BTW, to go OT slightly, COSLX is modular & highly customisable. Which features of SLX_wounds did you not want? - reason for asking is that Gunter & I have been talking about possibly adding a user config file to switch some SLX features on or off. Would you be kind enough to post in the COSLX thread or PM me?

TIA

Orc

I need a futureistic mod for a video I plan on doing. I'm looking for a mod that adds mainly units and guns, but armor and air units would be helpful too. I'm also not talking about Halo, Dead Space, or any other well known future game. I would like it to be orginal, something that has never been done before. Big thanks to anyone who considers this!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to create some replacement packs to use. I'd like to see an AK-74 pack for the Takistani Army, getting rid of their M16's and FAL's.

Also I was wondering if someone would possibly create a replacement pack using Robert Hammer's M16's & M4's for both the U.S. Army (M4's) and U.S.M.C. (M16A4's) in a similar fashion in which ACE has done. I know that packs exist already for the M4's and M16's, unfortunately though either they lack OA functionality (IR lasers, CQB sights) or have the old (+) styled optics from the original ArmA as opposed to the newer ACOG sights found in OA (picture: http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/TheSpaniard1980/ACOG-reticle-1a.jpg).

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this, I've been trying to make replacement packs on my own and I'm not having any such luck.

1. random animals pack ? cows, zebras, w/b bears[including human-eating ones, sure ;], elks, huge variety or birds, stray cats, stray dogs, snakes.

2. huge variety of civilians/resitance. both playable and ambient-only.

3. mod for further boosting character/player customization ingame. both for appearance AND gameplay. something like done in Brink and CoD, ie ability to balance loadout/mobolity/stealthness/protection/fun-effect.

4. HUGE total conversion for vanilla Arma2. just like ACE2 but for vanilla Arma2. or FFUR from past OFP:R days, is serious update/re-shuffle of content/add-ons/units/weapons-tools/feats.

3. mod for further boosting character/player customization ingame. both for appearance AND gameplay. something like done in Brink and CoD, ie ability to balance loadout/mobolity/stealthness/protection/fun-effect.

i don't understand this one, do you mean, for example : you begin with assault category and then you want to modify your gear for stealth ? ( changing your apearance in a barrack and a your loadout at the same time )

if yes, this is possible with scripts, i remember a mission where you can change your clothes ( full set ), for the weapons/object/other, i think it will be easy ( if you have experience ).

if no, then explain please.

M4 with proper Gastube<-? not sure what it's called, but the damn thing is missing on so many BI M4s and afaik it's a pretty important part of the rifle.

pic: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/19impression1bc0jnegh.jpg <- I know it's an Airsoft, but I think you get what I'm trying to say. :)

M16A4s with working lasers and secondary sights.

Ak107s with secondary sights / maybe even a few more versions of the rifle with different optics?

Not really... could you be a little more specific?

http://i.imgur.com/lTEbC.jpg

Either way sounds like you might want RobertHammer's M16/M4 pack and RH's Ak pack

i don't understand this one, do you mean, for example : you begin with assault category and then you want to modify your gear for stealth ? ( changing your apearance in a barrack and a your loadout at the same time )

if yes, this is possible with scripts, i remember a mission where you can change your clothes ( full set ), for the weapons/object/other, i think it will be easy ( if you have experience ).

if no, then explain please.

appearance, loadout, moving dynamic, wound ballistic, amount, type and allocation of body/vehicle armour, other[quite essential sometimes]hardware/caps, ability to use some things and vice versa with[imagine that soldier with 0.50cal SR cannot also carry nuke backpack or AT/Flamethrower/Scuba gear and etc and etc].

you should check Warface, Brink and new CoD for [mild]references about. even GRO had some feats of such kind.

basically its about "completely change you unit config/caps on-the-fly" rather than just "change loadout" and "change appearance" and presume deeper/wider variety in supported caps/abilities ingame to enjoy/use it 4 better ingame experience.

appearance, loadout, moving dynamic, wound ballistic, amount, type and allocation of body/vehicle armour, other[quite essential sometimes]hardware/caps, ability to use some things and vice versa with[imagine that soldier with 0.50cal SR cannot also carry nuke backpack or AT/Flamethrower/Scuba gear and etc and etc].

you should check Warface, Brink and new CoD for [mild]references about. even GRO had some feats of such kind.

basically its about "completely change you unit config/caps on-the-fly" rather than just "change loadout" and "change appearance" and presume deeper/wider variety in supported caps/abilities ingame to enjoy/use it 4 better ingame experience.

yeah ... wait for ArmA 3 and a mod, i don't think the A2 engine can currently allow this

yeah ... wait for ArmA 3 and a mod, i don't think the A2 engine can currently allow this

no offense, but its groundless assumption.

BIS/Arma2 engine had quite few hard-coded restrictions, made mainly for combating cheating, performance normalizing and other purposes.

so basically virtually anything can be updated/rewrited/re-thiked/evolved/made BETTER !!

talking about Arma3 in this topic:

1. off-topic.

2. groundless.

3. unlikely true[saw quite moderate "improvements" presently, focused mainly on appearance of game, rather than gameplay enrichment].

to get that, basically, Arma2/Arma3 need switching animation from cycled/looped static ones, to skeletal-animation-based procedural animation[like in Crytek things].

both for infantry and vehicle.

that's also[aside positive gameplay immersion/vearity impact]notably offload things to GPU from CPU and save memory/bandwidth.

Edited by BasileyOne

Add-on, which simplifying [vanilla]Arma2 server managing

with support of various tweaks.

number of new extra event-handlers and good use for old ones.

preferably without need to touch scripting/config much, thru game UI or mission menu.

for example, people would be auto-kicked for excessive tk amounts, ruining team assets or do other things.

IP-space info management/use would be warmly welcome aswell as spoofing detection[always-updating/persistent players DB help alot] as well as perma/temp-banning and/or forced respawning or setPos/Vel stuff.

and etc and etc[turn on imagination and sad memories from Arma2 online for proper input/ideas, which/what should be detected/punished.

so in result, server admin may leave server for some time, being sure, that at least some[nastiest by his(personal)opinion]things don't let unpunished by server-side-enforced restrictions/policies, instead of relying on [unreliable, frequently absent and fraudulent]manpower/admin.

add-on converging A2Warmod http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?108520-A2WarMod-Release with HETMAN http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129003-HETMAN-Artificial-Commander/page92 into something seamlesly persisting/evolving/living/fighting on global-scale :)

with support of both economics, logicstics and politics on global/common sense, to ensure it seamlessly/reasonably/intrestingly governing war itself.

probably with inter-servers communication/trade/relations and even ability to send/spawn [bots-controlled] on different servers and other off-map support features.

add-on to support password-protecting server slots[for admins/judges/press/moviemaking&etc]

4. add-on, adding ability to join/open/use fifth side[ambient/dead/destroyed]server slots.

5. add-on that adds support for [customizabl]Autosave for MultiPlayer modes/serrvers. preferably with support of remote backup[for disaster issues, countering].

6. MC-12W ISAR [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTAR] Aircraft.

http://youtu.be/j48e2mHlIWw

http://youtu.be/LA2NXZqZOXg

7. Northrop Firebird two-mode[uAV and piloted]Bronco remake

8. mod, that allow to alter appearance/size/color of map-placed marker in 3D/FPS/TPS/Overview Perspective/PoV.

9. add-on, adding random encounters support/provision to ANY mission gameplay without mission modification.

Edited by BasileyOne