therussiandong

We have rules regarding limits for image sizes that can be displayed on the forum. Please link to the urls for images larger than 100KB.

+1 warning for posting two images that are nearly 20 times over the limit.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

i whish a character addon

the player it self should be left handed

holding the gun in the left hand

holding the rifle in the left hand

throwing grenades with the left hand

lunch stuff on the left side

basicaly all the same as a original player but every action mirrored to the left side

this should work specialy in the players view but maybe if possible also in camera view (in videos sequences)

enemies and the rest of the team can still be right handed (as in real life)

if it is possible a option in the settings menu would be cool ... to switch from right to left handed player

if it works with all characters it would be the ultimate dream that comes true

if it is not possible for all characters then i would also welcome just one single character ... how ever he looks like as long he is lefthanded ;)

and because i know females who are also lefthand players i have also to ask for a female left-hand character in the game

so at least a male guy and a male girl who are blowing up the world with theyr left hand please!

... thanks in advance :)

i would love to see all you guys that are scfi buffs or even not scfi buffs and make a Avatar addon..everythings plants and all..could even be like Marines agents Avatars,,,Marines would have there troops,Vehicals,Those robots the get into, Avatars would have there bigg dogs and side kick eagle buddy's lol .. But just to see how you guys would do it..the detail would be crazy i can just see it now

I would like some PTS Landing vehicles, landing crafts, landing ships and more LWP-People's Army of Poland units

I've been searching for a while now, and I dont believe that anyone has ever seen a skyscraper in this game. A big city, with skyscrapers, in arma. That would be amazing! :D

There is a certain limit to the dimensions of objects in ArmA 2. Very large objects don't always work so well.

Yesterday I've been tryind the DAYZ mod for the first time. And one thing I really missed most has been a camo pattern at my clothes. ;)

Then it came to my mind that civilians/hunters in hunting camo (realtree patterns) would really a great thing and not only for that mod mentioned above. Maybe someone skilled might spend some time on a retexturing like this.

Is somebody interested in making the South Korean island of Ulleungdo? It's around 73 square kilometres, or 28 square miles, smaller than the size of Chernarus. Thanks in advance.

I've been searching for a while now, and I dont believe that anyone has ever seen a skyscraper in this game. A big city, with skyscrapers, in arma. That would be amazing! :D

There are skyscrapers available, although they were ported over from OFP-era mods and thus, don't look that well in-game.

The Czech Army SOG Hilux, commonly used in afghanistan and looks pretty damn badass.

I agree. Looks awesome! :eek:

Yesterday I've been tryind the DAYZ mod for the first time. And one thing I really missed most has been a camo pattern at my clothes. ;)

Then it came to my mind that civilians/hunters in hunting camo (realtree patterns) would really a great thing and not only for that mod mentioned above. Maybe someone skilled might spend some time on a retexturing like this.

actually, the unit used are BIS PMC units, so you could use a remplacement pack, this one for example

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13097

Some Libyan War technicals would be nice. Mount 'mini grads,' KPVT, ZU-32-2 and FFAR launchers on pickup trucks.

Well, I have 3 requests, All of which have Alt Paint-schemes.

1. Avro Vulcan

air_festival_vulcan2_470_470x300.jpg

The Vulcan is a very famous English air-craft that was used for precision Bombing.

It also had a version that was anti-flash white:

12.jpg

2. BAe Hawk

bae-hawk-19-squadron-raf.jpg

The BAe Hawk is famous for what I will show you in a minuite

raf-display-bae-hawk-riat-09.jpg

It is also the representative of the Benevolent fund and....

red-arrows-hawk.jpg

The red arrows!

3. Folland Gnat T.1

6714202425_4bbc970a7a.jpg

The Gnat T.1 is famous for being the First air-craft the Red-arrows used before they started using the BAe hawk

http://www.aircraftinformation.info/Images/gnat_02.jpg (246 kB)

Edited by Warior135

I was just watching some specials on Snipers and doing some research on the modern weapons that they use, I have noticed that our selection of dedicated sniper systems is pretty limited outside of daytime engagements.

For example.

I want to act as a sniper asset for my team, it is night time and I don't want to alert the enemy to my location easily, my options for rifles in Arma 2 (and ACE/various weapon packs) are mostly going to have one extra piece of equipment at a time so I can pick a NV capable rifle but it won't be suppressed or I can pick a suppressed rifle and not be able to see.

I know that there are indeed some rifles that have both, the Mk17 SCAR with the TWS and the suppressor are a good example, but they are not sniper rifles and they offer very little in the line of long range accuracy.

So where is my request, if it already exists and I have simply not been able to find it, please let me know.

I would like someone to consider making a M40A5 with options for both a suppressor and a NVG (or IR) optic at the same time, this would help fill a sorely needed gap in the sniper rifle list (do we really need anymore anti-materiel rifles?).

There are plenty of new weapon systems coming out that could also easily fit the bill, but this seemed like the most effective choice as it would only require a slight remodel of a existing weapon with the addition of a forward rail system (dedicated to additional special optics like NVG's).

I hope this is not out of turn, I am pretty desperate for something like this because I can't stand trying to struggle with the M17 on shots any longer than 400yds.

Thanks for your time folks, I know I am new, I hope I am not being too forward on this.

Your request is certainly not out of turn, startrekmike.

Without the non-binarized models for the weapons you decribe, it is not possible to add parts to them, though. A config replacement could certainly be made, bestowing suppressed traits to a night vision rifle, or night vision to a suppressed rifle, but they would not have the visual details.

I thought that might be the case, as I understand it, the actual model of the sight on the weapon mesh does not really matter is it can call on any sight picture anyway.

Does anyone know of a project that looks to add a sniper rifle with both a suppressor and a night optic? I mean, this is kind of odd that we have so many fantastic weapon packs but we don't have a dedicated suppressed Night optic sniper rifle.

If I had any experience in the slightest (let alone the time) I would try to make one myself, alas that is not a option at this time.

Anyway, I hope to at least get some gears moving on the idea for a possible future project from one of our talented modders, I know this stuff does not come overnight but it would be good to know it is on the horizon at least :)

Thanks again.

I thought that might be the case, as I understand it, the actual model of the sight on the weapon mesh does not really matter is it can call on any sight picture anyway.

Does anyone know of a project that looks to add a sniper rifle with both a suppressor and a night optic? I mean, this is kind of odd that we have so many fantastic weapon packs but we don't have a dedicated suppressed Night optic sniper rifle.

If I had any experience in the slightest (let alone the time) I would try to make one myself, alas that is not a option at this time.

Anyway, I hope to at least get some gears moving on the idea for a possible future project from one of our talented modders, I know this stuff does not come overnight but it would be good to know it is on the horizon at least :)

Thanks again.

I believe that RobertHammer released an M40 pack. Im not sure of its contents but it might have a suppressed version, although probably not NV sights.

I'd really like to see a FIAT G.91R/4 'Gina'

fiatv1.jpeg

This is certainly a plane for an artist that want's to do something truely unique ;)

It's a nice and cheap multi-role aircraft that makes sense in the scope of ArmA 2 and might fit many a faction, especially in the Cold War era of course.

Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_G.91

Cheers,

D.

/Snip/ reasons for wanting night optics and supressors /snip/

No idea on a release date but the good sir over here is working on a remington MSR and XM2010 which will have both supressors, PAS-13's and night vision optics mounted infront of the scope's

I believe that RobertHammer released an M40 pack. Im not sure of its contents but it might have a suppressed version, although probably not NV sights.

No, they have neither unfortunately, though he could always request the models from RobertHammer and made the edits him self, im sure someone on here will be willing to help.

I'd really like to see a FIAT G.91R/4 'Gina'

This is certainly a plane for an artist that want's to do something truely unique ;)

It's a nice and cheap multi-role aircraft that makes sense in the scope of ArmA 2 and might fit many a faction, especially in the Cold War era of course.

Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_G.91

Cheers,

D.

I see your 'unique' Fiat and raise you a Piaggio Avanti :D

800px-Piaggio_P180.jpg

Edited by Scarecrow398

Military Requests

Other Requests

Coop Zombie Mod (With different types of difficulty and game modes)

Iron Man suit (that can fly, with all the shiz from the film ><)

Lightsaber Weapon (different colours and possibly a combat system)

Melee Weapons (Knifes, Swords, Shields, Spears, Bow And Arrows)(Another Combat system)

More Animal Playables (One which can fly and attack, Lions, Eagles, Tigers, Hawks, Bulls etc etc)

Other playable Animals/Aliens (Predator and Alien, the Special Infected from L4D, an other type of monsters etc)

Oh Jeebus ... please leave this game IMMEDIATELY !

Hah, there's a zombie mod that's out which has done well for ArmA 2/OA sales. Icewindo is working on a

and folks like IceBreakr and Bad Benson have released and continue to work on Zetaborn aliens. The only limitation placed upon ArmA is the users' imagination. ;)

A present day Nazi regime (Fourth Reich) would be pretty interesting.

And we can instantly tell who's been watching 'Iron Sky' recently :D