Would it be possible to make some kind of IED addon where it is possible to detect with a metal detector and deactivate any IEDs found.

I know this is big... Too big perhaps..

But how about not fighting the russians for a change?

I think a mod concerning current conflicts, like Afghanistan, could be great.

Although I've never tried to edit maps, I can imagine that making a barren mountain area with a few villages could be pretty simple (as opposed to making a dense city f.ex.)

EDIT: Oh - or a (perhaps ficticious) conflict in Africa? Some jungle, some tribal villages, tribal civil war theme etc.?

At the same time, I'd also like to see some more nationalities, being a dane, and former conscript soldier, I'd ofcourse like to see some danish units (there was actually a pretty cool mod with danish units for OFP) - but units like german, english, dutch, canadian, french and... Well, etc... would be pretty cool :)

Edited by Skippie

what about.....good ol´ ofp radio messages including the proper sounds from ofp?

+10000000000:bounce3:

Edited by hamis

Vehicle spawning/teleporting/godmode script , so i can try manhattan faster and defeat the bugs

would be much fun in SP, and cheating online with your friends

Is it possible to take the internal T-34 textures from a game like "T-34 vs TIGER" and put them in the NAPA T-34? I ask because I haven't noticed many internals for armor in ARMA2....or even in ARMA1.

I think what we're missing is an Aliens colonial marines style thing, like we keep being promised :D

there is already something that gives you god mode,vehicle spawning,etc for testing missions Loki's Lost Key

but it doesnt work in MP:)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6010

no MP awww

but it should be awesome in the campaign anyway , so thank you very much

funny thing is i never saw that before on armaholic

NAPA and Insurgents are simply begging to be replaced with an Islamic militant groups. Would be interesting to see a mix of "rags and sandals" militants in traditional clothing (Afghani look) and more kitted out Jihadists (Chechen terrorist look). Will work great for fighting both Marines and Russian troops.

Scenario makers will be happy :)

im not sure if this has been reqested, and if it has then sorry, i really didnt want to read through 32 pages just to find it...i would like someone to make a addon/mod that will change the voice, for example, when the guy says enemy far in front of us...ya know it sound cheesy, so ya if someone could fix that it would be great!

How about a civillian Lada Niva 4WD.

It will give chernarus that russian feel.

I want to see a replacement for Chernarus that changes all of the Autumn plants to Winter or Spring. It just doesn't feel right, not enough green.

Anyone else?

Alot of suggestions are geared towards military units, but how about more civilians? and civ vehicles that would have a place in the game world?

Also there would be having some civ vehicles created such as a tow-truck, hearse,

flatbed truck with hay/and or milk containers etc?, ambulance, panel vans (various plain colours and logo names of them, perhaps mission maker can change slogan/font within its config file?), fuel trucks, milk trucks, logging trucks, bulldozers, cranes etc

I can get on board with this. For the most part, ArmA 2 has a pretty thorough selection of military equipment, but certain civilian elements are missing.

The fuel truck and ambulance seem pretty logical, since there's versions of them for the other factions. Maybe some sort of sports car for fooling around with (the closest thing is a VW Golf... come on!) and things like a taxi or some of the trucks Daza mentioned would really add to immersion.

Also a small civilian plane would be nice to see, but I remember seeing photos of an amazing looking Maule in development a few weeks back. A Mi-2 would fit well, and also have the advantage of filling multiple roles with just a reskin: basic civilian model, lightly-armed Guerrilla/Insurgent models, police helicopter, medivac, news chopper, etc.

On the military side, most bases are covered but I do not understand why the CH-46 Sea Knight has not been implemented. It's not planned to start being phased out for another five years and they make up a huge chunk of the Marine Corps air wing. Plus they are in commercial use under various designations around the world.

All the non-USMC factions could use a transport aircraft as well. The An-2 is used all around the world and could be given a version for the CDF, Russia, the Insurgents, NAPA, and civilians. Something heavier would be nice to see for the Russians as well; Il-76, An-24... the list could go on. And if you're starting to see a trend here, commercial variants could be modeled as well.

The biggest thing I see the military component of the game as lacking however, is small arms. The Russians and Marines have quite a selection, but the minor factions are a bit limited. Given the region and the fact that Chernarus is supposed to be in the middle of a civil war, a lot more obsolete military weapons as well as civilian weapons would probably be in use. A partial list would include things like the SKS, Mosin-Nagant, a couple revolvers (say the 1895 Nagant revolver and a more modern western .357/.38), and probably a few hunting rifles/shotguns.

One of the simplest things to add (in theory at least) would be working buckshot. There's already a couple extremely nice shotguns in game, but when they are limited to firing only slugs they become pretty much pointless.

I really wasn't planning on going on that long, but yeah... that's about all I'd like to see. Oh, and ACUs.

Do we know theres a new Afghan Map allready in WIP or have the modders still to wait for some Tools?

well, I would love to see a Polish mod. I know there's at least a couple Polish modders out there that i hope are working on something. The one i would love to to see is the PZL W-3 GÅ‚uszec helicopter . I think its got alot of attributes that would make this an awesome addon to have.Take a look at the pics and specs for this thing. Its armed really well and can fit 12+2.. The gluszec is the upgrade program for the sokol.

info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_W-3

some pics:

http://img.blog.yahoo.co.kr/ybi/1/24/56/shinecommerce/folder/19/img_19_14451_7?1217144717.jpg

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2008-9/6/23625.jpg

So I was browsing my bookshelf the other day and I came across a david Drake book... it was in the Hammer's Slammers series. And I thought 'how cool would this be in Arma2?" (which I bought yesterday, to add to my copies of arma and ofp:cwc).

For those that have not read the book:

Hammer's Slammers are a primarily Armoured/mechanised mercenary group, about a regiment in size... and their tanks (now this is the fun bit)... areground effect. Ducted fan cushion of air :D (http://www.kitsune.addr.com/SF-Conversions/Rifts-Hammer-Vehicles/Hammer_M2_Ursa_Hovertank.jpg is not a bad example)

There are other bits and pieces... but anyone interestred in taking this up?