Hey fellas, after seeing the new A3 patch and shooting from vehicles, do you think is possible to do the same in A2?

I tried the littlebirds addon and it it didn't work very well (Ace dependdant). I also saw some folks making some scripts that don't work in multiplayer.

Hopefully the new A3 patch can help a talented modder to make such feature in A2?:yay:

@Gamer3: Not a bad idea, didnt dyslectia work on somthing like this for the littlebird?

My request btw: i was wondering if any futuristic pilot suits / helmets exist for arma2? I am looking for one to add to the Dutch mod as F35 pilot but cant find it..

@Gamer3: Not a bad idea, didnt dyslectia work on somthing like this for the littlebird?

My request btw: i was wondering if any futuristic pilot suits / helmets exist for arma2? I am looking for one to add to the Dutch mod as F35 pilot but cant find it..

Yeah he did it, but it's note very reliable, you need to press the freelook button for it. The non ace version brings a lot of bugs and the Ai doesn't use the feature.

No disrespect, Shacktack guys are great, but if someone could get to know how bis implemented the fire from vehicles in A3, and use the knowledge to apply to A2 would be the best feature in years, after all PMCs and rebels would finally act realistically

UPDATE. Ok looks like this new feature relies on this new command "enablePersonTurret" some more info here http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-firing-from-vehicles and http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183549-Firing-from-Vehicles-feedback

Is there any way to ask Bis for this new script command in A2? Or is there any heroic modder capable of tackling such task? After all mods like CWR wont be released on A3 and how wodnerful would it for us to have the feature avaliable in A2? We have been waiting since OPF for this feature :bounce3:

Edited by Gamer3

I was wondering if it was possible for someone to make a sort of generic eastern block troops. A bunch of guys in khaki with ushankas essentially that could be used for North Koreans, 1980s Romanians or any Warsaw pact country.

LMTVs (regular and up armored). Was always a little peeved that BI just reskinned the the USMC truck (forgot what it's called) when the army doesn't use them

I was wondering if it was possible for someone to make a sort of generic eastern block troops. A bunch of guys in khaki with ushankas essentially that could be used for North Koreans, 1980s Romanians or any Warsaw pact country.

Check Project 85 mod for Warsaw Pact armies.

US Marines in mixed digital/traditional camouflage during the transition from BDU/DCUs to MARPAT

6dj2yzdn-1408376911.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/34/3rd_Battalion_4th_Marines_dig_in_near_Iraqi_border_2003-03-20.JPEG/1280px-3rd_Battalion_4th_Marines_dig_in_near_Iraqi_border_2003-03-20.JPEG (405 kB)

Also, please do not use any of the generic ArmA Marine models that have unbloused boots or kneepads. I wanna just try and replicate regular infantry here, not some silly commandos.

I think the squad leader model is the only generic Marine model that has that. Just reskin that and apply them to all other regular units.

jackarma.png

Few things that would make me happy:

-ACE fix for ACR DLC Pandur (spike missiles doesnt work on pandur when running ACE).

-ACE friendly Acog and holo CZ 805 A1 and A2 variants. so far there is only reddot.

-ACE friendly Iveco LMV in Czech camo. (I actualy started working on that one, but will take me ages to finish even the model.

7cBNM8z.jpg

)

I'm looking for terrains featuring sites like the Ghost Hotel in Altis in A3. That means a single large enterable building with multiple floors and a medium OR high complexity of its hallways, branching rooms, etc.

Addon that gives the takistani army only AKs and other russian stuff instead of the FALS etc. pls

Has anyone done an Mi24 Hind with door gunners?

I've tried searching, but nothing. I'd be fine doing the model myself: but the whole Oxygen 2 and compiling thing is a total mystery. :confused:

On the other hand, I could edit an existing model, if someone doesn't mind doing the image mapping over it/scripting...

Anyone? :)

Is there a mod with self-propelled russian howitzer with artillery computer?

Is there a mod with self-propelled russian howitzer with artillery computer?

Project'85 by Vilas has such vehicles.

Has anybody seen the addon featuring Soviet KGB special forces (Alfa, Vympel) or USSR MVD troops?

Edited by Spooky Lynx

Have you already tried to use the usual U_B_CombatUniform_mcam uniform to then manually changing the texture by calling (or replace _unit by this for use in the init field, see thread linked below):

_unit setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_wdl_co.paa"];

Close enough? :confused:

See: List of all hidden texture inits?

EDIT: wooops - I haven't noticed this is for A2, so never mind. D:

Edited by ruebe

Have you already tried to use the usual U_B_CombatUniform_mcam uniform to then manually changing the texture by calling (or replace _unit by this for use in the init field, see thread linked below):

_unit setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_wdl_co.paa"];

Close enough? :confused:

See: List of all hidden texture inits?

i haven't tried it, but nor i know how to i can't even make my own missions with modules i know nothing about the codes and stuff, heh help me out.

I know this thread hardly gets looked at anymore since much of the community seems to have gone on to A3, but it would be sweet if there were some AK-74s with rails and all that cool kit for spetsnaz and FSB to use.  Something like what is in Vilas east weapons pack, but with other optics, a GL, surpressor, Flashlight/laser....all that good stuff.

I'm with Scarecrow398 in regards to having a port of Yurapetrov's UH-60's ported to Arma 3. His work on the UH-60 absolutely blows away the generic one put out by BI. How much work would it take to get his blackhawk's ported?

Would anyone be able to produce world war two uniforms for Fallschirmjager/Luftwaffe officers (For Arma 2 - Addition to Invasion 1944), If this is at all possible please get back to me as my new unit would be incredibly grateful for these additions!

Example:

luftwaffe%20tunic.jpg

Does anyone know where can I download Falcon's Woodland BDU? I'm missing 'BDU_Woodland_Men'