I recently got permission from TheSun to use and edit his AI AWP model from the ACR weapons pack.

TheSunAI.jpg

I'm now on the hunt for some good quality sounds to go along with it. If you've got some your willing to pass on please PM me.

I made a poll asking for this however it was locked...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142274-Mods-TCs-Aliens-VS-Predator-VS-Colonial-Marines

Are there any Aliens / Predator / Colonial Marines total conversions?

:(

Yes.

Seriously, what did you expect to find out from a poll?

Though in a attempt to make my self look like less of the Sarcastic asshole i am Preditor and Colonial Marines no Aliens out there... yet, probably because of the complexity in comparison to the others, next time when looking for a mod search on Armaholic or ask here.

Edited by Scarecrow398

I dont know if this has been accomplished as of yet, but I would really love to see an Olive Tree model for foliage. I have no Idea how to 3d model objects, but maybe someone who does can put this idea into work. I would like to have at least three different models of Olive Trees for my islands.

I'm looking for an animation package that was promoted on one of the Arma addon community sites.

It allowed players to run and jump over low obstacles and debris.

I've tried searching the most predictable terms to try and find it, to no avail.

I'm looking for an animation package that was promoted on one of the Arma addon community sites.

I've tried searching the most predictable terms to try and find it, to no avail.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17861 this is an animation package that only replaces a few animations thats also why its a lite version the full animation is replacing all the animations and adds a few extra.

The one i have linked you can sprint and jump over things like the ones you are talking about.

Regards

Probable SMK Animtions or Mao_smk_lite

I made a poll asking for this however it was locked...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142274-Mods-TCs-Aliens-VS-Predator-VS-Colonial-Marines

Are there any Aliens / Predator / Colonial Marines total conversions?

:(

2 addons are available, third is missing, xenomorphs are worse to do cause they do not use shooting weapons oposite to other artificial inteligence bots , this game is made for shooting, so to use other weapon it requires scripting, which is too advance for me and too hard for me , but at last you can play only vs. predator or only vs. colonial marines

i think those 2 addons from 2 different authors should work together, even if you only place units in editor ,

another problems for such conversion (except engine which is made for shooting and riding) is lack of ability for high jumps etc.

so aliens could only run on ground , without walking on walls etc.

there are scripters and coders who made zombie scripts, so i believe that this could be used to xenomorphs as well and only changing human-zombie model to xenomorph model would do the job,

first try out 2 available addons and have in mind limitations of this engine which mosty infantry-simultor

Hello there...

Utes Island is one of my favourite islands for mission-making as it offers so many possibilities for combined amphibious warfare. It's also the perfect size. Unfortunately the USS Khe Sanh limits the use a bit to basically one faction and the houses don't seem all that enter-able (except for the bases). I was wondering if it is possible to make changes to the map and make a new version of it, or does one have to start from scratch? If it is possible to make changes, I would like to request a version of the island with more enter-able buildings (ALICE compatible) and with a small island base instead of the LHD.

Edited by Lt_Phoenix

Hello there...

Utes Island is one of my favourite islands for mission-making as it offers so many possibilities for combined amphibious warfare. It's also the perfect size. Unfortunately the USS Khe Sanh limits the use a bit to basically one faction and the houses don't seem all that enter-able (except for the bases). I was wondering if it is possible to make changes to the map and make a new version of it, or does one have to start from scratch? If it is possible to make changes, I would like to request a version of the island with more enter-able buildings (ALICE compatible) and with a small island base instead of the LHD.

you would have to start from scratch as none of the source files are available, there's plenty of other maps out there that sound like what you're looking for, Try using Vostok and using a building addon (such as Eu map objects or cindercity)

Edit: My browser derped, the advantages of running Aurora *rolls eyes*

I am requesting Mountaineer Troop/ Soldiers

I would like to see these units in Arma because not only am I not good at editing, I am tired of the same old thing. US/NATO vs whoever in the desert. I guess since I am into mountaineering and the things like that, I would like to incorporate such units into a mission.

Information:

From Field Manual 3-97.61 PREFACE

PREFACE

Mountains exist in almost every country in the world and almost every war has included some type of mountain operations. This pattern will not change; therefore, soldiers will fight in mountainous terrain in future conflicts. Although mountain operations have not changed, several advancements in equipment and transportation have increased the soldiers’ capabilities. The helicopter now allows access to terrain that was once unreachable or could be reached only by slow methodical climbing. Inclement weather,however, may place various restrictions on the capabilities of air assets available to a commander. The unit must then possess the necessary mountaineering skills to overcome adverse terrain to reach an objective.

From Wikipedia

Mountain warfare refers to warfare in the mountains or similarly rough terrain. This type of warfare is also called Alpine warfare, after the Alps mountains. Mountain warfare is one of the most dangerous types of combat as it involves surviving not only combat with the enemy but also the extreme weather and dangerous terrain.

Mountain warfare came to the fore once again, during World War I, when some of the nations involved in the war had mountain divisions that had hitherto not been tested. The Austro-Hungarian defence repelled the Italians as they took advantage of the mostly mountainous terrain in the Julian Alps and the Dolomites, where more people succumbed to frostbite and avalanches than to bullets. During the summer of 1918, the Battle of San Matteo took place on the Italian front, this battle was fought at the highest elevation of any in the war. In December 1914, another offensive was launched by the Turkish supreme commander Enver Pasha with 95,000-190,000 troops against the Russians in the Caucasus. Insisting on a frontal attack against Russian positions in the mountains in the heart of winter, the end result was devastating and Enver lost 86% of his forces.

Images

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/strikerskurow/mountaineer.png

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/strikerskurow/mountaineer1.png

Media

Edited by kurow

I would like to request either a port of the Tonali defense forces or a reskin, they were my favorite addon from OFP :).

I would like to request either a port of the Tonali defense forces or a reskin, they were my favorite addon from OFP :).

Port wouldnt be possible as soldier models are different in Arma2 compared to OFP. But reskins could certainly be possible.

request (RH!!! or vilas)

MP5SD with red dot instead of white beam in nvg only that tracks over target surface like the vehicle laser pointer (pictured in my thread below)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142511-red-dot-laser-for-pistols-MP5-etc

also laser designator equipped sniper and marksman rifles, so they can toggle them on with the L key... and still shoot/ move while laser is on on their rifle...

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

still want decent opfor boats (wld!! hcpookie!) - like the RACS and lingor boats but opfor. good fun hunting them down the rivers of lingor/ ovaron/ etc and AA junks for unsung...

I always wanted this in Arma 2. I want to replace the sounds of the MQ-9 Reaper with a more realistic sound, i have the files needed to add the sounds like for when it takes off and lands and when it fly's overhead. I myself don't know how to add these sounds in. Is there a way to do this? The default MQ-9 Reaper sounds so unrealistic to me and the sounds i want to add sound sooo epic. Can anyone help me out? I think this would be a great addon for the MQ-9. If anyone needs the sounds please feel free to PM me and i will send them to you.

I always wanted this in Arma 2. I want to replace the sounds of the MQ-9 Reaper with a more realistic sound, i have the files needed to add the sounds like for when it takes off and lands and when it fly's overhead. I myself don't know how to add these sounds in. Is there a way to do this? The default MQ-9 Reaper sounds so unrealistic to me and the sounds i want to add sound sooo epic. Can anyone help me out? I think this would be a great addon for the MQ-9. If anyone needs the sounds please feel free to PM me and i will send them to you.

Try over here :)

Hey people,

I dont know if this is the right thread for such questions, so please guide me to the matching one if I'm wrong here.

I'm searching for an AI Wounding system/revive mod similar to the the dapman mod under /Mods: complete/AI addons section of the forums or the SLX wounds system of the Warmod. Main issue: AI must start to drag fallen teammates to cover and give first aid to them automatically.

Unfortunatly none of those two mods satisfy me completely. The dapman mod enables AI auto first aid and should also enable dragging but in 99 of 100 cases the enemy just starts to heal his comrade in the middle of the battlefield. No dragging to cover at all. Teammates of the player also won't drag you to cover when wounded or do the same to other teammates if you dont order them to heal those. Warmod SLX wounds adds a lot of nice features like tha tyou knock down enemys of the bullet hole appears nearly where the target was hit. It also adds the dragging and first aid, and here it works properly. But the negative parts of this are the animations which are horrible non-smooth, especially the transitions. Furthermore there are those screams (which are easy to disable but just to mention it). But the main reason I deleted this mod were the anims/tranisitions.

So is there any mod like this out there? AI that drag fallen mates and give them first aid? maybe throwing smoke before? Maybe with new anims?

Can anybody help me with this?

Edited by Dar

Thats true didnt think of that, but yeah a reskin would be awesome, definitely do miss that brush stroke pattern camouflage, they'd fit nicely into duala .

Posted this on the wrong place apparently...destroy me!

This is a request to anyone interested in making such an India-Pakistan mod. India and Pakistan are major enemies, and a sad prospect of war could well end up being WW3. Pakistan is nuclear, India is nuclear, both are very strong armies. They're very well equipped, and what makes them very interesting is that they both are mixtures of eastern and western weaponry. Pakistan's got American F-16s, Russian T-80s as well as several Chinese tanks and aircraft like the J-10 that will soon be delivered. India's got Russian Su-30s and are about to get French Rafales. That serves as a wide range of scenarios where sometimes it's east vs east, west vs west and east vs west. Weapons from all over the world face each other. Plus I don't think it's too hard to make. Takistan is already very similar to Pakistan already in more ways than one. And since Pakistan and India have a fair amount in common, the language can be the same, faces can be the same and what not. So I hope someone is interested in the idea. I think it would make a great mod.

I always wanted to see the dayz bleeding to be brought to normal ArmA 2. I know ACE 2 mod has it but it dosnt show blood spurting out or anything. but in dayz it does

Requesting a PSG-1, preferably with SD version as well. I searched EVERYWHERE :(

Project RACS weapon pack.

I was wondering if there are any talented modellers and mod creaters who would be willing to take on a project for the community.

For a long time now I've been dreaming to see a modern version of Su-25t and its varients: Su-25T(antitank), Su-25UB(trainer two seater),

Su-25TM (naval version for aircraft carrier Kuznetsov), there are also many others and you can google for them but listed ones are sufficient for Arma use I think.

I would try and make it myself but ever since I started learning 3ds max and working with it I've been getting no where with modeling, Im just crap at it.

Here are some pictures for inspiration, also contains a few edited blueprints (scaled):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ilre5i6qql9h7z/i1hQsjlCLw

@pkzbad:

It doesn't really have the scale of what are you looking for, but there are some Indian and Pakistani units in Vilas' 'Weapon holders' pack:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85067-VILAS-addons-release-thread

Combined with the available Chinese forces you can do some nice three-sided 'battle for Kashmir' scenarios :)

Cheers,

D.