And we can instantly tell who's been watching 'Iron Sky' recently :D

Honestly I have no idea what that is..

Gonna look it up after this. :)

Right now that is my main addon plan for ArmA 3 once the tools for it are released.

Someone gave me the idea of giving the new "Nazis" a Helghast kind of look..

--------------

I found this movie "Iron Sky" and I have to say it is quite ridiculous but funny.

The "space soldiers" are actually similar to what I had in mind.

Edited by therussiandong

I have checked the ASC pack already, it seems that we simply do not have a current suppressed sniper system that works in night time conditions, that is odd considering the sheer volume of weapons that are already available.

I honestly would not even mind a M110 with both the night vision and the suppressor, I don't know why we have a suppressed version and a night time version but not both, that seems silly to me.

I'd like to request the 160th soar aviator: with the Gentex HGU-56/P helmet (maybe with NVG's, batterybox on back of the helmet and patches), the acu uniform with digital pattern like the US Armys camo or od/tan, standard issue army boots and a tactical vest. 242ad1x.jpg

I have searched all over this forum but nothing about what i wanted :( so i'll post my request here :)

I'm making this request cuz the mh-47e (by konyo: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133754-Mh-47e ) is comming up and aduke's helo pack that's already out, could use some authentic pilots this addon would be perfect to add more action to flying and missions with a real soar would be some some real hardcore shit, since everyone loves special forces and spec operations.

http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/160-soar-920-2.jpg?w=920&h=1288 (399 kB)

http://www.italianspotter.eu/linked/193239.jpg (3714 kB)

Thanks in advance i really hope someone would consider it. :D

Best Regards astast

Edited by astast

I echo astast's request, but to include regular non-SOAR aircrew as well, its a shame to see so many rotary wing addons coming down the pipeline but they are using the crappy BIS pilot model that looks nowhere near what US aircrew are outfitted with today. I'd love too see a pilot pack that has a regular helo crew, SOAR crew and AH-64 crew. A really nice pilot package was done in the OFP days, can't remember the author though....

Edited by desmondb

Yeah, I Agree. It would be cool to have the -64 crews have an IHADSS helmet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Integrated_Helmet_Display_Sight_System.jpg

There was a HALO crew model being made, and they looked amazing, but I don't believe they ever released it? Correct me if I'm wrong...

DaveyGary made some cool helmets for -60 crewchiefs, but I have absolutely no idea how to place them on a pilot or crewchief.

DaveyGary made some cool helmets for -60 crewchiefs, but I have absolutely no idea how to place them on a pilot or crewchief.

yes he has made a few changes to the standard bis helmet but i'm amaized how noone haven't thought about making a Hugh 56 yet afterall it's the choice of the us army it should have been standard in oa

Hi gents I'm CimaleX the coordinator of the Project82 Mod the Falklands / Malvinas mod ported to AII.

I am urgently need the following items:

*C-130H Mlod

*UH-1H Mlod (Not bis please)

*A decent skiberet/cap for special forces (SAS/SBS) Mlod

* Jeep Mercedes working in A2

tHANKS IN ADVANCE

Sorry, cimalex, this is not a thread for requesting MLODs. You can do that in your own thread or by doing research and contacting authors.

If you know of authors but are having trouble getting in contact with them, you may contact Placebo who will help you if he can.

i was woundering if these soldiers (Australians At War soldiers) could be turned into replacement packs? or a maybe a domination/warfare mission pack with aussie troops and weapon boxes instead? ive got arma 2 oa standalone(they didnt have CO or arma 2 at eb games where i live) and the AAW mod works perfect with the standalone operation arrowhead, theres desert camos, woodland, and mixed in the pack, but it would be great to see them as replacement packs for the US army. is that possible?

PS. im specificly talking about the aaw_v012 version soldiers and guns. if this isnt too much trouble for anyone.

Edited by BadWolf33

Hi guys.

I would like to play with more realistic tank gunner sights by the basic T-55 and T-72 tanks. I mean similar to the ACE mod optics, but without ACE. So i need an addon or mod that overwrites the basic optics and adds more real gunsights-without changing magnification and other unreal crap. I dont know if is it a difficult request or not, so if someone could do it i woul be really glad. :o

For example here is the ACE gunsight for the T-72. Down.

4-nwd_tank_1.jpg

Hi guys.

I would like to play with more realistic tank gunner sights by the basic T-55 and T-72 tanks. I mean similar to the ACE mod optics, but without ACE. So i need an addon or mod that overwrites the basic optics and adds more real gunsights-without changing magnification and other unreal crap. I dont know if is it a difficult request or not, so if someone could do it i woul be really glad. :o

For example here is the ACE gunsight for the T-72. Down.

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/7182/4-nwd_tank_1.jpg

you do know thoughs are images are from arma 1?

you do know thoughs are images are from arma 1?

Yes i knew. I posted that pic only for example as i wrote it. Just for to know how the T-72 gunner's sight TPD-K1 looks like.

:)

Was listening to this article on BBC radio 4 regarding the british soldiers in the Korean War.

Interesting piece and made me wonder if any skilled mod maestro would be interested to use this scenario.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jwd5w/From_Our_Own_Correspondent_16_06_2012/

Jackie Bird has been to Korea with some of the Britons who fought in the war there sixty years ago. It's a conflict which few in Britain commemorate. But there, the soldiers were applauded and thanked.

and an article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1285708.stm

korea_large.jpg

What is the best CAS script / mod (or both) for AI out there? I know that by now there are several of them but what is the most advanced - as in I need the mod which will allow me to use close air support assets already present on the map (preferably with the ability to set exactly which ones will be used) or created out of nowhere and also the number of times they can be called in + ammunition / type of strike.

Which community offering suits the task best?

Hello Folks,

I recently reinstalled ArmA 2 CO, and my game seems to have significantly lower framerates than before. My computer system hasn't changed all that much since then, so I set out to try and figure out what's wrong.

In my notes of my last installation of ArmA 2, I had a version of Anzins' superb mod installed, the one that added the features of having an alternate sight set to 50 m. engagement, and eliminating and reducing post-processing effects, such as blur and (I believe) bloom. If my memory serves me correctly, my first installation of ArmA 2 had pretty poor performance until I installed Anzins' mod, and thereafter my framerates were much smoother.

I downloaded the 1.5.3 build of Anzins, and there is no boost in performance. Everything is still fairly choppy. This mod's available from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11189&highlight=ANZIN

I just came back from its thread, and it looks like we're not even supposed to be using that mod anymore, as it's outdated: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?102635-CO-ANZINS-Upgrades, particularly here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?102635-CO-ANZINS-Upgrades&p=2112967&viewfull=1#post2112967

Does anyone know of an up-to-date mod that allows for the reduction & removal of motion blur and bloom to boost one's frame-rates? I'm pretty desperate for such a feature (honestly, I'm surprised that BI hasn't yet included a simple GUI option whereby one can just simply click off such features).

Perhaps I'm just installing it wrong? I have CBA installed, so the version of the DTA file that I was to rename and then use was "DTA.76134," correct? And the same goes for the Addons directory, right?

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I would like to request the Aim Sports 4x32 Dual Sight.

It's a cheap (chinese) scope in the US market, but I really like the fiberoptic sight atop variant.

There's also one with a red-dot on top, I think.

Maybe someone finds this one interesting too :rolleyes:

First, let me happily state that I spent an hour finally figuring out how to get rid of motion blur. I used Oktane's fantastic mod from here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?97853-oktNoBlur-Signed-Blur-Remover-Addon What's critical to remember is that one HAS TO turn their Post Processing setting to "Low." Ever since, I've enormously boosted framerates. Yay! :yay: So much grief, now gone!

What I would badly like is to have more buildings created that could be occupied by the player and AI. The AI would also be able to take full advantage of the features offered through the asr_ai mod, and they would be fully compatible with the houselights mod by TPW.

It would be especially nice if these new buildings possessed a "Western" aesthetic. I think that we have enough Central and Eastern European buildings for now, and the same holds true for Mideast aesthetics as well. Something along the lines of 4-5 one and two story domestic houses, and businesses/apartments that are at their max 3-4 stories high. Two-three shopping and strip malls would be nice too.

With a cherry on top! :)

I think I made a request long time ago... but no answer :s

Would be nice a cameraman and war reporter mod, we made a mission please take a look at this video, of course the camera display and the digital zoom sound effects they are video edition work

I have suggestion/request addons for this game:

How about those MIG animals from OFP? That would be great!

In ARMA2 are animal addons made by BIS. Cows and others. Those BIS cows lack sound like MIG cows.

I think I made a request long time ago... but no answer :s

Would be nice a cameraman and war reporter mod, we made a mission please take a look at this video, of course the camera display and the digital zoom sound effects they are video edition work

+1 vote i would love to see that in arma 2 would be good for cut scenes and movies and also just in game for fun :D

What I would like to have is a similar vehicle damage mod/addon like the SLX. The "slx_vehicleeffect.pbo" is unfortunately very bugged epecially against air targets and support trucks, like if you try to destroy a helicopter the game freezes.