While playing around with vilas' P85 RACS and SLA factions, I noticed that the RACS are missing something really bad:

a tank. I know about PRACS and I love it, but I was thinking about Sahrani in the late 70s or early 80s, seeing that in P85 the RACS use vehicles like the M38 Jeep and the M59 APC which both are from the same period as the Bulldog and Duster, I thought maybe someone is willing to make these two vehicles to counter the SLA T55s and the Migs / Suchois that the SLA has...So my question is: Anybody wants to make a 'M41 Walker Bulldog' and or 'M42 Duster'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M41_Walker_Bulldog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M42_Duster

BIS doesn't make addons, they make DLCs. And Tunisia Army is one of the least original ones...maybe some addon maker could find this attractive, but i really doubt it...

boring and free? That's sound like a really good business for BIS, doesn't it?

so u think that games about US military only i fined it routine lats ask for new idea , my idea is good

and about make it free i mean make here demo like Arma 2 Free that is easy to get and they can make it full game like Operation Arrow Head

What about the German F4 Phanhom II ?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13016

I dont know if they still working on it, since the Kruppstahl Hompage is down for Maintance.

Well, i would like to know if anyone would like to rework this addon, which could contain:

Overwork Weapon layout (It have allmost the same like the A-10)

Overwork some Texture Details

Add Shadow Texture

Add Wreck Texture

Add Serverkeys

I also have some Script errors, causing from the addon, i upload it here...

Well, thats should it be. Maybe, if someone has conntact to them, he could ask them whats the satus of the addon?

My clan people and I (and i'am sure others too) would be very thanksfull, if someone could rework it ^^

Edit:

Error Report:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4295830/Error-Report.txt.html

sincerly b1n4ry

Edited by B1n4ry
added Downloadlink for the error report

Well, it would be more doable than a whole tank. You've got that going for you. Modelling a rifle still requires modelling it like 8 times, texturing it like four times, and configing it twice but tanks are another thing all together.

son, i don't know why you are persevering, but here you go:

1. this is an addon request thread, with an emphasize on ADDON.

For some reason you think you are directing your request towards BIS. you aren't.

Tunisian Army Is one of Top 10 Armies in The Arab World

and will not gonna be boring because it will be city warfare

Could be the best of the arab world, it would matter just as much, and mainly because:

a) from BIS perspective: most of the weapons and vehicles you listed there (read - CONTENT) are already in the vanilla game. The few that arren't are already being worked on by different community members. Regardin DLCs, why would BIS bother with the Tunisian Armed Forces since it did't really see any combat in the last 40 years, and from a demographic POV there are probably under 1% users from tunisia = the ones that might be delighted by such a DLC

b) from an addon perspective, unless he is tunisian, doubt a lot would give a flying duck about it anyhow. reskining is also against eula.

so u think that games about US military only i fined it routine

I am the first one to who is always glad when the leading actor (in this case player role) is NOT American, or even a Nato soldier.

lats ask for new idea , my idea is good

it depends on the POV. Of course your idea might look brilliant for you since your were the one who shared it with the rest of us honoured members of this forum, but still, i for one find it...boring.

and about make it free i mean make here demo like Arma 2 Free that is easy to get and they can make it full game like Operation Arrow Head

again, from a commercial POV, making additional content just to release it for free is ducking bad business (A2 is a commercial product who also has a low-res version released for free. There was very little work done towards A2Free, besides an automated LOD removal and scaling of textures).

Thinking BIS should make not a DLC, but a whole EXPANSION featuring Tunisian Army is borderline insane. What would be the storyline? Basic training? Your real question along the same lines should be: why don't they make a whole new game (say A3, especially since it's already in the works) about TAF? I'm sure that would be a seller.

Well, it would be more doable than a whole tank. You've got that going for you. Modelling a rifle still requires modelling it like 8 times, texturing it like four times, and configing it twice but tanks are another thing all together.

A bit of an overexageration here max. Don't scare the flock. You don't model that rifle 8 times (i assume you are talking LODs here), but 2 times (one for HP, the other based on HP - retopology - for the LP), then you remove details (automated + manual) all the other visual LODs. Why texturing 4 times and configing it twice, i don't get though...might be slow at this time of day, i admit.

Edited by PuFu

A bit of an overexageration here max. Don't scare the flock. You don't model that rifle 8 times (i assume you are talking LODs here), but 2 times (one for HP, the other based on HP - retopology - for the LP),

I was including the LODs in the number, but also weighting the number with tasks like the creating of axes and named selections, the time it takes to create a shadowLOD properly, creating the various GEOlods and assigning the proper bisurfs to the various areas and stuff like that. If I create a character off of a generalized human topology, did I create a model or not? I don't think that because you create a model based off of another model, that you are a) not modelling and b) not creating a new model.

then you remove details (automated + manual) all the other visual LODs.

Yeah, sure, and then the special LODs...

Why texturing 4 times

Diffuse, specular, gloss, normal. Some things are based on some other things but I find building up my diffuse texture in elements based on material and reweighting them and all that crap still takes time. It's not like to do a proper gloss map you just take the diffuse map and desaturate it.

and configing it twice

model config and config cpp. Each has its own function, challenges, and troubleshooting techniques.

I was including the LODs in the number, but also weighting the number with tasks like the creating of axes and named selections, the time it takes to create a shadowLOD properly, creating the various GEOlods and assigning the proper bisurfs to the various areas and stuff like that.

ahhh, see, you could have been more precise, and i wouldn't be posting ;)

I have said this before: modelling is the easy part in the end. Getting the content in the game in proper fashion is the hardest one (especially since it consumes a lot of time with some blind troubleshooting).

If I create a character off of a generalized human topology, did I create a model or not? I don't think that because you create a model based off of another model, that you are a) not modelling and b) not creating a new model.

besides, you are opening a whole new topic - as in what is modelling. Of course re topology is modelling, since it is not fully automated, if at all (depends on software/plugs here). That is not what i meant.

Yeah, sure, and then the special LODs...

semantics: you said "modelling it 8 times". Those special LODs need to be defined and prepared. But i wouldn't really call it "modelling".

Diffuse, specular, gloss, normal. Some things are based on some other things but I find building up my diffuse texture in elements based on material and reweighting them and all that crap still takes time. It's not like to do a proper gloss map you just take the diffuse map and desaturate it.

Yeah, forgot about the others in the grand scheme of things. Might be due to the fact that your can bake some, and everything is sort of based on your diffuse (minus the normal).

model config and config cpp. Each has its own function, challenges, and troubleshooting techniques.

cheers mate, first time i hear about them ;). I might not be a native english speaker, but what i got out of your previous post was that you need to create the configs <<configing it >> (where i though about both model and cpp) two times..

What I was getting at with the language I was using is that to make anything is a pretty repetitive and involved process. I just wanted to give the impression of what is required without being super detailed about the various steps. I wanted something that could fit into one sentence. The issues you raised certainly highlight the shortcomings of my approach.

semantics: you said "modelling it 8 times". Those special LODs need to be defined and prepared. But i wouldn't really call it "modelling".

In fact it's much more boring than actual modelling. I guess for the weapons, a precise collision model, or a precise bullet-intercepting model isn't really required. For the helicopter I made, making the cockput structure out of convex wedges was not what I would call a breeze. It was not difficult, but the task wasn't exactly as simple as putting a box down and calling it convex component number 1. And even then, depending on how the faces are triangulated, the engine may or may not consider the component convex, so you have to make sure that in this complex structure, all faces or planar, or you have to watch your triangulation manually. It feels like a low level modelling task to me. But, this is a lot of information for someone who isn't into modelling, so I figured I would cut to the chase.

Edited by Max Power

What I was getting at with the language I was using is that to make anything is a pretty repetitive and involved process. I just wanted to give the impression of what is required without being super detailed about the various steps. I wanted something that could fit into one sentence. The issues you raised certainly highlight the shortcomings of my approach.

don't sweat it

son, i don't know why you are persevering, but here you go:

1. this is an addon request thread, with an emphasize on ADDON.

For some reason you think you are directing your request towards BIS. you aren't.

Could be the best of the arab world, it would matter just as much, and mainly because:

a) from BIS perspective: most of the weapons and vehicles you listed there (read - CONTENT) are already in the vanilla game. The few that arren't are already being worked on by different community members. Regardin DLCs, why would BIS bother with the Tunisian Armed Forces since it did't really see any combat in the last 40 years, and from a demographic POV there are probably under 1% users from tunisia = the ones that might be delighted by such a DLC

b) from an addon perspective, unless he is tunisian, doubt a lot would give a flying duck about it anyhow. reskining is also against eula.

on a) BIS can use that weapons and vehicles from he vanilla game ( 1st time i hear about it ) and Tunisia army do some small combat from 2011 to now lost life of colonel and 3 other against terror after the Tunisian revolution and other combat against israel terror in 1967 , and maybe yes Tunisia users under 1%

I am the first one to who is always glad when the leading actor (in this case player role) is NOT American, or even a Nato soldier.
that is good
it depends on the POV. Of course your idea might look brilliant for you since your were the one who shared it with the rest of us honoured members of this forum, but still, i for one find it...boring.

why give me reason

again, from a commercial POV, making additional content just to release it for free is ducking bad business (A2 is a commercial product who also has a low-res version released for free. There was very little work done towards A2Free, besides an automated LOD removal and scaling of textures).

Thinking BIS should make not a DLC, but a whole EXPANSION featuring Tunisian Army is borderline insane. What would be the storyline? Basic training? Your real question along the same lines should be: why don't they make a whole new game (say A3, especially since it's already in the works) about TAF? I'm sure that would be a seller.

the BIS can make it a new game i know u think it insane but good idea look insane in begin but in the end thy look brilliant however in A3 is hard because A3 ( and here graphic higher than my PC :( ) have a Greek island and that means they need to do the same work for Tunisian land and they can make a map from A2 no need for real and the story easy in my brain there a story , training no need for change there the same as USA not all but some of them

Enough of this. This is the Addon request thread, it is for users to request addons, whether they be new or already existing, and to discuss requests. There is a whole forum available to suggest what you think BIS should do. Please use it.

Enough of this. This is the Addon request thread, it is for users to request addons, whether they be new or already existing, and to discuss requests. There is a whole forum available to suggest what you think BIS should do. Please use it.

link pleas

A link... to the suggestions subforum...? :confused:

I was going to provide you a link, but how about you spend some time looking and if you don't find it in less than five minutes, pm me. I'll give you a hint. It's a branch off of the ArmA 2 & OA Forum Category.

I have a question, for my unit, AAF, we are doing glider missions (AN-2's with no engine) set in the 80's in a Cold War scenario, I was wondering, the USMC variety pack has a BDU camo that would be really useful, is there already a replacement pack for these units, or would somebody have some motivation themselves to make one?

Would make a big difference.

Taser, need assistance and tips with config for Taser :)

If you need config assistance, I suggest you visit the config forum. If you are recruiting, I suggest you open a thread in the A&M: D forum.

ok, thanks Max, but cant find where, can you PM links or put here, please

ok, thanks Max, but cant find where, can you PM links or put here, please

Config Forum Located here http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?95-ARMA-2-amp-OA-ADDONS-Configs-amp-Scripting

Not too hard to find its located under "BI MILITARY GAMES FORUMS > ARMA 2 & Operation Arrowhead - EDITING"

I believe the Sarani Life or Chernarus Life Mod has a tasernon-lethal weapon that the police use. I've never used it or seen it but read something about it a long time ago.

I believe the Sarani Life or Chernarus Life Mod has a tasernon-lethal weapon that the police use. I've never used it or seen it but read something about it a long time ago.

aye, they run off scripts and not configs though

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

aye, they run off scripts and not configs though

neck cracking animations for behind for both artists ;)

It would be cool to call in some sort of airstrike (probably gun run), and have it target the next UGL smoke grenade you launch.