http://resources.bisimulations.com/content//vehicles/gb_army_wheeled_-_desert.html

I only chucked the basic land rovers out to the community, never felt there was a huge use for most of the other varients. Maybe if I find time and the will to do it.

Yes this is exactly what I was thinking of! If you ever find the time I would be extremely grateful :)

StupidWhiteKid might have not put it very well, but "if you don't like it, make it yourself" is the least credible answer we could put to him. That reply makes you look just as dumb as him, if not more.

He's right in many ways. There is a bunch of addons that are frankly very poor and the author has not responded to offers of help from many users. He's either not replied or failed to understand what's be told to him and not asked for clarification.

Actually I didn't say "make your own". Guess I didn't put it very well either, and sarcasm wasn't called for anyway - for both of which I apologise. Comment was meant to point to the difficulty of producing bug-free addons.

It really annoys me when I see people saying this. You don't have to be an addon maker to offer criticism of an addon. In the same way you don't have to be an artist to be an art critic.

But you wouldn't publish an art critique in the sports pages, would you? OTOH I can understand both of your frustrations with the modmaker in question, to some extent. But modmakers don't owe the users anything; in general it's very much the reverse.

BR

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I apologize if there was offense taken to what I said, and sorry if I sounded 'dumb', so let me try and be more specific as it was late when I posted and I didn't realize I would end up angering anyone.

You didn't & don't sound dumb. To let the thread get back OT, my apologies if my post offended you - it was way too harsh under the circumstances. Too little sleep over the last couple of months has done in both my fuse and my sense of humour. I hope you get what you're asking for.

BR

Orcinus

The thing is, us 3 know which mod maker we are talking about. This exchange makes more sense with that knowledge. :)

Hello, My request would be a time addon, where time is faster than real time, for example 60mins in one hour right? this would addon would make it 1 or 2mins in an hour, Like GTA time

Thankyou :)

Addon version of script i mentioned in the other thread...

tested in both A2 and OA (press "5" and "9" to access the menu, install instructions in zip) :)

@tankbuster:

True. if post facto for me! OTOH I would personally be wary of downloading anything where there isn't a proper channel for feedback.

Wrt bugs/errors, this might put things in somewhat greater perspective: according to a recent detailed analysis, bugs & errors in the average business application has implicit costs of over USD 1 million (not counting the potential costs of crashes, security breaches, etc). In terms of which a buggy Arma addon is b*gger all :) ... and if that fails to convince anyone that the Reagan regime's Star Wars proposals were demented, that person has to have attained the primary qualification to be an organ donor.

http://www.castsoftware.com/resources/cast-research-labs

BR

orcinus

Greetings,

I would like to see someone modify the SOM module a bit and make it more flexible like the ACM. Possibly even combing an ACM into the SOM along with the ability to edit what faction(s) the SOM will generate missions against. And perhaps even add a little more complexity and size to the missions generated by it... And the ability to blacklist areas...

I think a big advantage would be to create the ability for users to create their own SOM missions that the module would use during random mission generation... This would allow the community to take hold and really take it to the next level with their own missions and then release them to the public... This would produce many different flavors of the SOM that could appeal to all sorts of different player preferences(CAS pilots, Air Superiority Pilots, Chopper Pilots, Snipers, Special Forces, Plain Ole Riflemen.etc)...

Not sure how that would work though? Perhaps create a SOM2 module that you could paste script(s) into which would cause it to look into a certain folder for the randomly generated missions? Then the player could fill their SOM2 mission folder with whatever missions that pertain to their liking. Obviously these missions would have to be tailored for the SOM2 module so that they could be generated in random locations and such but it sounds feasible...?

As of now the SOM doesn't provide much entertainment and has virtually no flexibility... It's not even very good for practice. I find the ACM to be more entertaining than the SOM. If this SOM2 module were to be created it would provide virtually unlimited replayability, great for those hard times when I cant pay the Internet Bill, practice or just good for trying out new tactics, weapons, vehicles or whatever.

What do you think? Does anything like this exist out there? I know there is the DAC but I can't figure out how to use it, but it doesn't provide what the SOM2 could...

Lets hear your opinions... Tell me what you think.

Cheers,

VS

Anyone thought about making the Sikorsky - S-70 Battlehawk Helicopter

If its not already been requested then im requesting... :)

as a ex members of the 3rd yorkshire regiment i would like you great addon makers to make me a regiment beret and cap badge here a few picture ,

42LS86SF_Thumbnail.jpg

article-2111984-12144E65000005DC-553_306x423.jpg

cap badge

yorks-regt-cap-badge-small.jpg

Any chance for a minor reskin of current Takistani/Russian units using the new Iran flag featured in the ArmA 3 screens

webfactionsartwork.jpg

Kind of a radio-voice addon, in which the Player's avatar/AI would recognize not only individual units (or two individual units since A2), but also groups for the sake of evading radio report spamming. So instead of a contact report like this

-at 12 o'clock Enemy Squad Leader 200m

-at 12 o'clock Enemy AT soldier and machine gunner 200m

-at 12 o'clock Enemy medic 200m

-going on for another 120 individual units present.....

It would look like this, if there are many units present in line of sight:

-at 12 o'clock enemy squad-sized infantry

-at 12 o'clock enemy armor platoon

-at 12 o'clock enemy AT team

.....enemy motor patrol

.....enemy mechanized squad

I like to request a on/off switch for dead zone mouse. when moving it's nice to just have 0 deadzone, but when we are waiting/aiming its really nice to have dead zone. it's great to have an on/off switch rather then go into menu to change.

I'm sure I already mentioned it several times, but I'm going to request a plain AR-18.

Why? Because of this and this.

It would perfectly fit, and it's the weapon I miss most when talking about IRA.

So, if someone got this idea, I'm also providing a source for reference pics (I see this site is a little picky about downloading their material, so it would be better to ask first). In this gallery, you will find an original Costa Mesa (US made, for those that didn't know) Armalite AR-180.

Hoping I aroused some interest :)

I was sitting here today and I realized, It would be so awesome if someone could make a presidential facepack or a Ronald Reagan face. I tried doing it myself and failed miserably. It could provide in many aspects such as Role Playing, Hostage Rescue, Move Recording, and many more things.

Is there a Black hawk HUD out there or Radar some one can do up right quick ?that would be awesome just something to see fast movers with to a certain distance..IDK how hard that would be to do up..

I would love to see the Stoner/KAC 96 LMG. Is anyone working on one?

Theres one in the Unsung vietnam mod i belive, its on armaholic and six under @UNS, its 2gb though

North Africa terrain, like Tunisia for example

I belive there a sierra leone in the works but for now i guess isla duala would do it?

takistan Republican Guard,and Presidential Republican Guard forces. they would be the elite foces of takistan

@Lobogulfwar has iraqi republican guard and iraqi army units if interested...

Is there a Black hawk HUD out there or Radar some one can do up right quick ?that would be awesome just something to see fast movers with to a certain distance..IDK how hard that would be to do up..

Try the mano missile arma addons/scripts, they should be what your looking for... or close to

yeah but to have a hole mod for just one thing is crazy lol ..im decent at scripting but not that advanced

yeah but to have a hole mod for just one thing is crazy lol ..im decent at scripting but not that advanced

weapons are in a seprate PBO, you can probably get just that one then just delete all the unused stuff and removed parts of the config that are unused.

ahhhh i never thought of that ..good thinking Scarecrow..ill look into that right now :) thanks man

I would like to see the MK.13 Mod 5 Sniper Rifle made for the Arma series:

attachment.php?attachmentid=176748&d=1333498431

I would like to see the Hirtenberger M6-895 60mm mortar in Arma 2.

The mortar is used by the British Army with each platoon command section having one 60mm mortar available to provide fire support for the unit, as far as I understand. The 60mm replaced the previous 51mm mortar in late 2008.

Picture and information available on page 9 of this pdf.

It could be carried by the mortar operator and then assembled and disassembled like some of the weapons in OA.

I would love to see doom 1 style monsters be added into the game, they wouldnt have to be exact doom monsters if theres a legal issue but something like it. Im talking 2d versions that we can make a mission at night for on lingor or cindercity and have things get crazy.