Don't know about in o2 but of course it's possible. I don't see why you can't make it in o2 though.
well not an entire new model of course but you could atleast use the sample models for the basis for an addon.

what is that ALL that is too hard?

No. what I meant is the characters are too hard atm. At the moment I am working on the terrain and weapons for the mod.

No. what I meant is the characters are too hard atm. At the moment I am working on the terrain and weapons for the mod.

That doesn't answer his question. What he's asking is if it's the modelling itself that is to hard or the setting those models up that you are finding too hard. You are, of course, free to answer his question or not but I think he was trying to see what the problem was to point you in the right direction or give you advice.

Hunting for a simple (light) arty script that deal with the 'fire mission' end of the process (not the firing end like ACE Arty, R3F etc). Not too bothered about fully simulated firing points and shells (RUM assets) but I do want something that follows (or can be tweaked enough to follow) British Army VP for Fire Mission requests. So no onmapsingleclick point and shoot stuff, but a simple dialogue in which you can input Target Grid, Bearing, target description, effect & duration. Also would like the ability to Record as target for future FM's. Bon's Arty script is the closest that's comes to it, is fairly configurable, but it's a little clunky and misses some key elements.

Does anyone know of something like this? Must work on MP Dedi.

IE, bon arty? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9057

Requesting my Kia Sportage ;)

or any other model like this ;)

http://humster3d.com/category/3dmodels/

You're basicly asking for a Sportage at industry standard... for free... which usally run around $100+ and then to put it into arma? (considering something to that standard is around 300,000 poly) all i can say is good luck, maybe there's someone willing to do it :/

Edited by Scarecrow398

Lots of people ask for saleable things in this thread. It's not a new thing. If fact I think an addon, all things considered, is way more work than a model with a bunch of sub-d and flashy carpaint shaders.

I would love to see the Stoner/KAC 96 LMG. Is anyone working on one?

I would love to see the Stoner/KAC 96 LMG. Is anyone working on one?

Yeah, that was always my favorite LMG. Would love to see on in ArmA2 but I wouldn't hold out hope.

Hi

In another thread, both I & another member vaguely recalled seeing something about a mod/addon or script that makes tank gunners more likely to choose the correct ammo (Sabot, HE, etc.) according to the type of target. Does it exist, or had we both read a 'wish' post and fallen into wishful thinking? - searching the Addons & mods Complete thread hasn't turned up anything.

Any pointers gratefully received.

BR

Orcinus

Hi

In another thread, both I & another member vaguely recalled seeing something about a mod/addon or script that makes tank gunners more likely to choose the correct ammo (Sabot, HE, etc.) according to the type of target. Does it exist, or had we both read a 'wish' post and fallen into wishful thinking? - searching the Addons & mods Complete thread hasn't turned up anything.

Any pointers gratefully received.

BR

Orcinus

Give this a go:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125395-CMcD-Cannon-Main-Gun-Tweaks

@da12thMonkey:

:yay:

That's exactly it, I remember the "BMP3 of death" comment :eek:

Cheers, mate, really appreciated!

Does anybody have a plans for making such SPAAG? It would be nice to have it. If I'm not mistaken, the chassis for it is already made for ArmA2.

takistan Republican Guard,and Presidential Republican Guard forces. they would be the elite foces of takistan

Edited by esco7800

North Africa terrain, like Tunisia for example
or Libya ...

This would be great for a Libyan war campaign. Do you remeber Toyota war (ofp mod) ? It was great !!

Could be valuable for 2nd world war, chad/libya war, modern libya war, 80's war ...

Hello, My request would be a time addon, where time is faster than real time, for example 60mins in one hour right? this would addon would make it 1 or 2mins in an hour, Like GTA time

Thankyou :)

I suppose you could use the existing commands for skipping time and just have it repeat every 30 seconds or whatever. It would be abrupt though

Looking around for some new British equipment to use with BAF. Content is very limited with default stuff from BIS in terms of combat operational capabilities.

Two main things I had in mind were additional armor and logistics (air attack and transport is mostly covered already by BIS and there's a download out there already for a British Harrier fixed wing) as well as some various forms of amphibious transport for use on Chernarus/Utes.

Would be nice to see some Warrior/Armor variants like:

-FV511 Command Vehicle

-FV512 Repair Vehicle

-FV430 Bulldog APC

New Logistics/AAV/Boats:

-Land Rover Ambulance

-MK. 6 Assault Boat

-Some kind of Troop/Vehicle Transport Ship

-BvS 10 Amphibious Assault Vehicle

Not to mention stuff already in game just needing some different textures:

-MTVR Transport/Ammo/Fuel/Repair/Supply/Salvage Trucks

-MLRS

-81mm Mortar (U.S. 81mm Mortar)

-105mm Artillery Gun (U.S. M119)

More recently there have been quite a few releases on armaholic for A2CO British equipment, only problem is a lot of them are buggy or lacking in quality..would be nice to finally get some stuff worth using.

problem is a lot of them are buggy or lacking in quality..would be nice to finally get some stuff worth using.

Pah, not exactly guaranteed to encourage mod makers to rush to your aid... "lacking in quality" and especially "worth using" are somewhat subjective - the beholder's eye and so forth. How bug-free and "worth using" are your own mods &/or addons?

If you found bugs in some, of course you reported them in the appropriate threads..,?

It really annoys me off when I see work I couldn't possibly do myself slagged off. Is it any wonder that talented people get tired of it and drop out?

How bug-free and "worth using" are your own mods &/or addons?

StupidWhiteKid might have not put it very well, but "if you don't like it, make it yourself" is the least credible answer we could put to him. That reply makes you look just as dumb as him, if not more.

He's right in many ways. There is a bunch of addons that are frankly very poor and the author has not responded to offers of help from many users. He's either not replied or failed to understand what's be told to him and not asked for clarification.

It really annoys me off when I see work I couldn't possibly do myself slagged off. Is it any wonder that talented people get tired of it and drop out?

It really annoys me when I see people saying this. You don't have to be an addon maker to offer criticism of an addon. In the same way you don't have to be an artist to be an art critic.

Edited by Tankbuster

I apologize if there was offense taken to what I said, and sorry if I sounded 'dumb', so let me try and be more specific as it was late when I posted and I didn't realize I would end up angering anyone.

Comparing my own mods and addons to any other release is really no contest, all come in a much better quality simply because I've never been able to finish anything I've started. Never been able to fully figure it all out. You can argue that because of this I have no say, but I believe it's just not something everyone possesses a talent for and just like tankbuster said, by releasing your work to the public you certainly open it up for review and criticism by both those who can and cannot make their own addons.

When I was referring to the low quality and buggy mods I wasn't talking about the model or texture quality for the most part, but more in the form of constant error messages and in some cases flat out inability to work within the game. Normally I would not mind these issues and would deal with them knowing that it was someone else's hard work, done for free, so not everything is going to ever be perfect and in time many of the major issues get resolved in time with new releases. But in this case, I've seen constant updates over the past several months, unfortunately though they don't fix any of the current major problems - I would love to report the problems to the 'appropriate' thread, but not a single one exists at this point. This leaves only one real option for myself and others: comment on the comments section of the mod site where they were released. Many have done this and reported problems, but once again like tankbuster said, it seems the author has either not seen, ignored, or just doesn't understand how to fix these problems and chooses not to ask for help.

In posting I wasn't exactly expecting anyone to rush to my aid, nor was I trying to seem unappreciative of others work. I understand what you mean Orcinus, it always makes me angry seeing someone release something great only for people to tear it down, especially when most (myself included) don't have the ability to produce similar work. That being said (and as bad as it may sound to some), I will still point out that it is hard (for myself at least) to continue appreciating and wanting to use these releases when you constantly are suffering through the same problems and the author chooses to make it near impossible to allow any help in fixing and furthering the project. Because of that reason specifically I posted in this thread and added the last "buggy or lacking in quality" line to let anyone who's looking for a project to know that "YES" a lot of this content currently exists but some people in the community still have interest in someone else creating it in the hope of a better end result for everyone.

Just like the quality of the content is subjective, so is my opinion and you or anyone else has the option to agree or disagree with me. Before I get any more off topic I'd like to say once again that I'm sorry if anyone is or was offended - I very much appreciate and respect the talent and work of all addon makers here, if I did not I wouldn't be in this thread in the first place.

Just to clarify - I didn't mean to suggest you or your post was dumb. I could have phrased that rather better, especially since we seem to be agreeing with each other! :)

Looking around for some new British equipment to use with BAF. Content is very limited with default stuff from BIS in terms of combat operational capabilities.

Two main things I had in mind were additional armor and logistics (air attack and transport is mostly covered already by BIS and there's a download out there already for a British Harrier fixed wing) as well as some various forms of amphibious transport for use on Chernarus/Utes.

Would be nice to see some Warrior/Armor variants like:

-FV511 Command Vehicle

-FV512 Repair Vehicle

-FV430 Bulldog APC

New Logistics/AAV/Boats:

-Land Rover Ambulance

-MK. 6 Assault Boat

-Some kind of Troop/Vehicle Transport Ship

-BvS 10 Amphibious Assault Vehicle

Not to mention stuff already in game just needing some different textures:

-MTVR Transport/Ammo/Fuel/Repair/Supply/Salvage Trucks

-MLRS

-81mm Mortar (U.S. 81mm Mortar)

-105mm Artillery Gun (U.S. M119)

More recently there have been quite a few releases on armaholic for A2CO British equipment, only problem is a lot of them are buggy or lacking in quality..would be nice to finally get some stuff worth using.

http://resources.bisimulations.com/content//vehicles/gb_army_wheeled_-_desert.html

I only chucked the basic land rovers out to the community, never felt there was a huge use for most of the other varients. Maybe if I find time and the will to do it.