Anyone ever done a good retex of the ammo boxes? Curious.

Could somebody make the old XM8 version that had the grenade launcher and the x4 scope with cqb sights. It was my favorite gun, before being limted.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you saying that the bolt carrier group model protrudes from the back of the weapon, or the real ak107 has a non reciprocating charging handle?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was referring to how the bolt carrier group model protrudes from the back of the weapon while firing, right above the stock.

Yeah, that would require a new model.cfg... so you may as well look at a replacement model :)

I would like to see the OA Strykers reskined with the olive-green painting that they use in real-life.(So they could better fit non-desert environments like Chernarus, Utes, Lingor, Sahrani, and ETC)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Stryker_ICV_front_q.jpg

In fact I would like to see the OA US Vehicles reskinned into woodland camo for use in other environments outside of Takistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Hi guys,

I got a brief question regarding addons of 3rd parties: Are there Addons/Config upgrades available in particular for all the various great Plane and Helicopter addons to adjust their parameters and properties (speed, armor, fuel, weapons parameter etc) to a consistent system, preferable based off ACE & GLT? Is there perhaps a project or group dealing with this?

Unfortunately a lot of addons use their own standards, for example the brilliant RKT-F15 addon by Footmuch does have the Mk82 or GBU-12 defined with hit-values very different from the GLT_Missilebox (or ACE), or stock parameters. In some addon cases it looks like a light AA-missile like the Sidewinder or Aphid carries a greater explosive load than in other addons a 500lb bomb does!!! Or some "unarmored" fighter planes have been given better armor than the A-10!! That of course put all realism off.

I noticed that the MAR addons (F/A-18 or the Marine Infantry) is nicely made consistent with ACE and GLT, which means that performance differences are more realistically meaningful. Moreover, having only a few sets of consistently defined weapons (GLT_Misslebox, ACE, and stock) does all lower the performance need for having many configs loaded and processed in-game. Ideally, there would only be one set with all included, say GLT incoporated in ACE.

Before going thru the pains of editing all these addons, from the F-15, F-14s, F4s, Su-33, and and and many more, does anyone know of a project that adjusts all the vehicle, and perhaps replaces air weapons with the GLT types?

Like for example for the Robert-Hammer (RH) Weaponpacks has been adjusted to ACE standards?

I would personally find this very important as it would save a lot of time reediting all the configs for adjusting to ACE/GLT realism.

Thanks,

Jan

there isn't such an addon, neither made or in the works afaik

Has any addon maker anywhere ever succeeded in making a native FSM for ArmA2?

HeliJunkie apparently made a small native FSM for ArmA1 that makes soldiers go prone, but in ArmA2 the code seems to simply make the AI never move. That's at least what happens when I try to copy-paste it into a cfgFSMs class and also make a unit with fsmFormation = "HJ_Debug".

So does anyone know of an addon which uses native FSMs for AI behaviour modification?

Armed Unmanned M.U.L.E.

except with a minigun and MK19

Somebody has watched The Military Channel recently. :D

I don't know how simple or complicated this would be to create, but I really would like an addon that enables AI to use IR lasers independently. I know that you can add in some code that turns them on, but it is annoying when you're playing because there are tons of these lasers just going all over the place while players/AI are moving around. That makes them pointless because its hard to tell if they're ever pointing at something.

What I'm suggesting is instead of them keeping them on all the time, have them only turned on when assigned a target. So for example, if a team leader says "2, 3, engage enemy soldier at 200 meters, 3 o'clock", instead of a red circular target appearing, both 2 and 3 would turn their lasers on and aim it at where they think the target is and begin to engage. Once the target was eliminated/thought to be eliminated, they would turn their lasers off. This would help other players ID targets in the dark/in thick cover/or in the distance, and would be a more realistic alternative to having the red target appear on the screen.

i'm requesting a B1b lancer :D

In process, Rocket of course did all the hard work to start with, but theres still a bit left. No ETA ..... juggling projects ...

B1B_1.jpg

B1B_2.jpg

I don't know how simple or complicated this would be to create, but I really would like an addon that enables AI to use IR lasers independently. I know that you can add in some code that turns them on, but it is annoying when you're playing because there are tons of these lasers just going all over the place while players/AI are moving around. That makes them pointless because its hard to tell if they're ever pointing at something.

What I'm suggesting is instead of them keeping them on all the time, have them only turned on when assigned a target. So for example, if a team leader says "2, 3, engage enemy soldier at 200 meters, 3 o'clock", instead of a red circular target appearing, both 2 and 3 would turn their lasers on and aim it at where they think the target is and begin to engage. Once the target was eliminated/thought to be eliminated, they would turn their lasers off. This would help other players ID targets in the dark/in thick cover/or in the distance, and would be a more realistic alternative to having the red target appear on the screen.

I believe that's already in the game. You can enable AI to use lasers and they only have them on when they're engaging targets

I believe that's already in the game. You can enable AI to use lasers and they only have them on when they're engaging targets

Only if you are commanding AI. Should you just be a subordinate there is no way to order them to put lasers on.

Yes because of this millionst "Any cance..."-post he made a Tu 160.

http://s13.directupload.net/images/101018/erx8axji.jpg

Oh wait no he didnt. Thats the Tu-160 done by Sarmat exclusivly for the russian community. And me. Trololol.

What is the point of this when those files are not available due to Sarmat numerous breaching of IP rights?

What is the point of this when those files are not available due to Sarmat numerous breaching of IP rights?

Oh they are available. If you know russian. Or know someone who knows russian.

Check out this neat MiG-25, especially the cockpit is done in amazing quality.

AN/PSQ-20 ENVG or Enhanced Night Vision Goggle

a mixture of a Night vision and infared device showing thermal signitures while also providing night vision.

Exterrior of the device:

540px_peo_an_psq-20_enhanced%20night%20vision%20goggle.jpg

and internal view

psq-20.jpg

AN/PSQ-20 ENVG or Enhanced Night Vision Goggle

a mixture of a Night vision and infared device showing thermal signitures while also providing night vision.

Exterrior of the device:

http://ak.inzt.net/images/stories/PEO_Soldier/540px_peo_an_psq-20_enhanced%20night%20vision%20goggle.jpg

and internal view

http://defense-update.com/images_lr/psq-20.jpg

I am planning on making it, but only if it's possible to recreate that image it creates.