I never said I wanted sounds PORTED from another game. I said I wanted to know if there was a sound mod that had an M60 sound that sounded SIMILAR to the sound from that video. SIMILAR TO, not PORTED FROM. YES, there is a difference. A BIG DIFFERENCE. I wasn't requesting that someone port the sounds/make an addon. I was searching for a possible addon, which last time I checked, was allowed in this thread. READ the post before commenting, and maybe you'd understand. Oh, and PuFu, this is why I made the comment about immaturity. To all, it'd help if you'd actually read someone's post before being eager to flame. I have clearly stated what my post meant, and what I said. If it bothers you that much, then don't respond and just IGNORE it.

i've you tried RH MGS pack ? there's m60 inside and they have a different sound from the BIS one, then there's a lot of sound mod out here if you don't want to download a addon

i've you tried RH MGS pack ? there's m60 inside and they have a different sound from the BIS one, then there's a lot of sound mod out here if you don't want to download a addon

Thanks for your help. I'll check it out.

looking for a possible addon here: Is there any currently released sound mod where the m60 sounds something like in this video (medal of honor 2010 sp)
images?q=tbn:and9gcrblx0wsvx6qnd0v4uo2zbsd-gji_qij3cgvml7kmigilpm1bl8fa

usmc with that helmet (looking like that helmet) and gear (maybe kinda like tf86 seals but with that helmet)

and an m16 with the butt wrapped like that.

you could do something like this:

Would be simple, really. Just changing the helmet, maybe adding a few accessories. Modelling the helmet or helmet-glasses combo would be the only real time consuming part. The rest would be the existing binkowski usmc.

images?q=tbn:and9gcrblx0wsvx6qnd0v4uo2zbsd-gji_qij3cgvml7kmigilpm1bl8fa

request for original specfor units (blufor and opfor), not taken from standard bis units or johnny's sf (no offense but they've been used to death), not a black variant of the marines or re-skin of force recon units. Along these lines:

images?q=tbn:and9gct3wpmx-grcl1qzhafa4d4dvzvca4itql5t1zswrb3tk9ilwxiv

fullsize

images?q=tbn:and9gcrx3y4lq9ujcnlyfdn9c26larabobnii43hnjldhxbgeeoowyi9

fullsize

images?q=tbn:and9gcscobcone8gtppunof7bojt8q4ngrtyne4ioyvizm2twq6fmvcvmg

fullsize

images?q=tbn:and9gcs7r_our3e0knc_xpuxbqkudmrsjk638vixwgynxk7lpyfswjikla

fullsize

images?q=tbn:and9gcr703uhcjqituet3oyxuvv955odlet1s0aradwbdc1vj7ekfc3ruw

fullsize

feel free to suggest addons if there are any that i missed (as in ones that actually look close to the pics i posted). I'm not looking for addons that make the game more like modern warfare, just would like units such as these for urban specops scenarios.

imeni makhtumkuli, turkmenistan (caspian border from bf3). Or, if there's any existing island that resembles caspian border, that'd be great too (if you suggest anything, don't suggest chernarus, lingor, or panthera, as they aren't like caspian border). Basically, it'd be nice to have a generally green map (no orange, brown, or yellow vegetation) with a large relatively flat area with some buildings and hills, and woodland with roads/paths cutting through. Like caspian border.
now it'd be a little bit better if you said like battlefield.
Would like to see Medal of Honor 2010 - esque units and addons, like: Seals in MOH Seal Gear (the vests, helmets, grey protective combat uniforms), SFOD-D units (Dusty and Panther uniforms especially), Taliban/al Qaeda, Chechens (with the hoods/winter gear), TIER 1 BEARDS (like Dusty's and Mother's beards, especially), maps like Gardez, Shahikot Valley, Menjawar, Takur Ghar, basically a winter Afghanistan map (like in MOH 2010) with all those locations on that map (since ArmA2 maps tend to be big enough). A desert, mountainous Afghan map with light snow on the ground, as if winter just started. And not the low hills of Takistan that BIS likes to call "mountains", but like in MOH, mountains that have flat trails or small or narrow plateaus where units can basically walk along the mountain without having to walk up the mountain. A map like this could offer multiple gameplay options. Gardez and AQ camps for the CQB, and the more mountainous areas for the long range combat that could accomodate camping.

ffffuuuuuu

Oh look, I got promoted.

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote images!

I don't think you've done anything worth reporting just yet. I mean suggesting stealing other DLC's isn't the same as stealing.

I don't think you've done anything worth reporting just yet. I mean suggesting stealing other DLC's isn't the same as stealing.

Flaming is a forum violation.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

And no one's suggested stealing DLC's. The discussion is over. CameronMcDonald is clearly flaming. And he's clearly misrepresented my original post. Is there a way to report forum rule violators?

Edited by antoineflemming

Flaming is a forum violation.

And no one's suggested stealing DLC's. The discussion is over. CameronMcDonald is clearly flaming. And he's clearly misrepresented my original post. Is there a way to report forum rule violators?

CameronMcDonald isnt flaming, your clearly asking for the world....how many things do you need to request..really.. instead of asking for people to create addons for you, why not learn to create what you want yourself.

CameronMcDonald isnt flaming, your clearly asking for the world....how many things do you need to request..really.. instead of asking for people to create addons for you, why not learn to create what you want yourself.
Before this gets out of hand: If you have an idea for a new addon, request it here (and hope the best).

Please do not start new threads with addon requests. All other addon requests threads are deleted without further notification.

This thread must also be used when searching for a certain addon!

I'm sorry, but the point of the request thread is to ask people to make addons for you. And I don't recall W0lle stating that there was a limit to the number of requests a person could make. I'm not asking for the world. They are requests. If you don't like them, do not respond. Just ignore. I haven't repeated those requests for a reason. They were largely ignored. I have the right to make a request. And yes, it is flaming. I never asked for MOH content to be ported to ArmA. I never said I wanted ArmA to be a carbon-copy of any game. What I asked for, and what started this crap, is if any one knew of an addon that had a deep sounding M60. I was looking for a possible addon. CameronMcDonald twisted that to say that I was asking for sounds from MoH, which I clearly was not. heroes maker and PuFu recognized this, and responded accordingly. CameronMcDonald, however, did not, and decided to make an issue out of it instead of leaving it alone. I'm sorry you're offended by my requests. CameronMcDonald's initial response to my request was the link to MoH. If I wanted to know the website to MOH I clearly would have requested it or just Google'd it. That initial response falls within the category of "flaming". CameronMcDonald's next response was to suggest that I was asking for sound FROM MoH/ any other game, which I did not request. To request that is to request for sounds to be PORTED to ArmA, which I clearly did not request. The next response by CameronMcDonald was once again a post meaning to "illicit an angry response". To request something that's similar to what is present in another game is not to request that assets from that game be ported to ArmA. If I request units in PCU Grey uniforms and/or CIRAS vests, and use MoH as an example of that, that does not mean that I am requesting that MoH character models be ported into ArmA. Anyone can recognize that, and I'm certain CameronMcDonald recognizes that (if not, now you know). When people have requested Stormtroopers for ArmA, or a pulse rifle from Aliens, there's no flaming, no flame-baiting, no criticism, no demands that those individuals make it themselves. If an addon already exists, those individuals are pointed towards the respective addons, often given links to help them out. If not, the requests are ignored or followed by posts stating that they'd like to see something similar. What's different here? The fact that you don't like what I'm requesting? So what? To overly criticize and push the issue way out of proportions, twisting the original request to appear as something it's not in order to get a certain response is flame-baiting, which CameronMcDonald has been doing. @CameronMcDonald: Stop. Let it go. If it bothers you that much, then too bad. You've taken it far enough. DROP THE ISSUE.

This topic is for requests, take your issues to PM, mail eachoter, buy a ticket and meet in a pub or whatever fun you can think of. But stop derailing the topic.

I dont see anything wrong with people making requests, there is an ignore button you know. Don't like his requests.......ignore him.

Searching for a couples of low-tech mercenaries ... this means ... i now there are many mercenaries addons but i'm looking for something more older-style (no radio, no hightech jacket etc...) ..

Something like "jagged alliance" style ...

Could be nice to use them with vilas weapons pack, i got a couple of nice ideas for some missions ..

tnx guys !!

Desert Recon, perhaps similar uniform as that in ACE but with Recon models?

Prefer standalone addon (an addon that doesnt require another mod to be installed, such as TF86).

Probs a bit too big an ask but I think the mig-29 is one of the coolest looking jets :)mig-29_2.jpg

Can we get Opx back in the community? :(

Can we get Opx back in the community? :(

dude...

...really?

if you send me a photo, i'll model him for you, since you seem all that fond of the guy...then, you'll be able to play with him however you want

addon request thread ^^ :rolleyes:

dude...

...really?

if you send me a photo, i'll model him for you, since you seem all that fond of the guy...then, you'll be able to play with him however you want

addon request thread ^^ :rolleyes:

was this really necessary?

1950's Korean War units / armor. Both sides, hopefully someone has a Centurion someplace..

was this really necessary?

nothing is really necesary, obviously. but having it heard the same thing 3 times so far from the same lad, and the last in addon request...:rolleyes: