I would love some re-skins of the default BIS takistani malitia

Re-skins into what? Please try to be a specific as possible when requesting an addon. The Takistani militia oftentimes randomly show up in a multitude of different camouflage schemes. ;)

I would like to request a video camera model (like new casters) and camera (like personal camera) a model be made.

if any modeller can do it, thanks in advance.

I would like to request a video camera model (like new casters) and camera (like personal camera) a model be made. if any modeller can do it, thanks in advance.

That's a good idea. I remember for Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis several years ago, there was a camera object addon created that functioned similarly to a static heavy machine gun emplacement. You 'got in' and operated the camera like any other static weapon defence (although it could not shoot projectiles and reload magazines, obviously), although you had to utilise a third-party image capturing software to take photographs, like Fraps.

Biker skins and retextured harleys for RP mods/ missons

I was playing around with the SetObjectTexture yesterday and found some ideas...

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/Blackfox34/Sons%20of%20Anarchy%20-%20Cherno%20Life/ArmA2OA2011-05-3115-51-33-35.png

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/Blackfox34/Sons%20of%20Anarchy%20-%20Cherno%20Life/ArmA2OA2011-05-3115-50-01-89.png

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/Blackfox34/Sons%20of%20Anarchy%20-%20Cherno%20Life/ArmA2OA2011-05-3115-49-03-77.png

Obviously I don't know how to make addons or I would have done it myself.

I found the best unit for a proper biker skins would either be the PMC contractors or the Reporter/Aid Worker variants in OA

They have an open vest on (much like a Biker's "Cut", instead of the BAF Forces I used with the fully closed vest).

Best BIS models for Bikers IMO

1. PMC - Bodyguard M4A1

2. PMC Contractors 1 and 2

3. Civ Special - Dr. Hadlik

4. Civ Special - EuroMan 1 and EuroMan 2

5. Civ Special - Haris Press

Ideally, it would work so they are plain units and the XML logo would spawn on their backs so your XML could be your biker gang :-D

Edited by Blackfox34

fixed them thanks. Moved some stuff on my page and broke them!

Sweet. Harley time!

Edited by Laqueesha

Does anyone know if there is an addon that adds Venezuelan troops? Generic South-American units would be okay, too.

Is there such a thing?

Does anyone know if there is an addon that adds Venezuelan troops? Generic South-American units would be okay, too.

Is there such a thing?

Vilas has some generic South American units in his Weapon Holders Pack.

Not sure if this is possible, but have seen a couple of addons that incorporate aspects of this.

What I am talking about is a program that mimics the already present 3D editor in Arma 2 with the added capability of placing objects and units. This would really be helpful for map makers, it will cut down on their time to develop quality and detailed maps. I have came across RTE and it is a great addon, but it only allows for the placement of units. Unlike the 3D editor which only allows for the placement of objects. I have sometimes used the combination of these two programs to make maps but sometimes there are complications with that. For instance while placing objects in 3D editor is possible, converting it to 2D using community made addons offset the position of the objects placed and removes elevation on which the object is placed.

I do apologize for this long post, but I only wanted to show why an addon that incorporates the placement of both units and object is crucial to map makers, well at least to me.

I do hope one day we see something like that, and if so thank you in advance to whoever decides to make such an addon, if not, well thank you anyways for taking the time to read this post.

Thanks,

unknownx9

A balanced estimate based on close observations of the subject matter, besides I was speaking on the point of view of an addon maker. Porting and editing basic 3D models is something that even a rudimentary addon maker should know by heart. I'm not a world-renowned celebrity chef, but even I know that preparing a basic meal using a microwave oven isn't that overtly difficult. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to interject to everyone on this subject that creating the LODs and all that crap like defining animations and getting it to work properly is like 50% of the work, maybe up to 80%. And that's for me, someone who knows how to model in order to create all of the LODs fairly quickly! The fun part is creating the highest resolution stuff, and the rest of the conversion is mostly boilerplate. That's why, and I think I can speak for at least some people, we don't plunder turbosquid looking for models. It's not shaving 50% of the work off, it's taking most of the fun away. Troubleshooting is fun but I get enough of that in the models I make already (which is not a very deep catalogue!)

Is there a gas mask mod that doesn't require ace?

Try Schnapsdrosel's Mercenaries pack.

Try Schnapsdrosel's Mercenaries pack.

I need it to actually act like the ACE ones, where they drop and u can pick them up. They also serve an actual purpose.

I need it to actually act like the ACE ones, where they drop and u can pick them up. They also serve an actual purpose.

Oh, my bad. I thought you were talking about gas masks for purely aesthetic use. There was this one well-done fully working nuclear, biological and chemical warfare mod for Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, but you wanted it for ArmA 2.

I want to see a UFO in Arma 2 and Aliens, though a UFO more.

I have already seen others with it in Arma 2, but using old Armed Assault mods does not work for me.

Here are videos of others with ufos:

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

I think ACOG's on ArmA 2 shouldn't be where the eye is literally inside of the scope. You should be able to see around you, while looking into the zoom modifier. Practically, every game these days does this except ArmA 2. Games like Insurgency, COD etc. But anyways, no soldier presses his eye directly up to a scope and sometimes even near it. Because the lense gets off balance and its hard to see. So I think its nessesary to remake this as a replacement pack for all guns.

Example of what the vision should be like:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3764/redsunczetrijiconacogreoa8.jpg

or

http://www.paintballandairsoft.net/wp-content/uploads/airsoft%20scope%20acog.jpg

@DeclaredEvol

eehhm... you know that this would require RtT, which is not available for Arma 2 ?

@DeclaredEvol

eehhm... you know that this would require RtT, which is not available for Arma 2 ?

I think I have seen this done in some ArmA 2 mods, but I don't know what you mean.

nope thats sadly not possible

the only way to cheat around this is to remove parts of the black screen you see when you zoom in, but the landscape behind it will remain at the same zoom level as you can see it in the scope.

I think the R3F mod featured this, but a true 3D scope is not possible atm.

But since ToH and VBS2 feature this, it is more than likely we will see it in Arma 3

Because the lense gets off balance and its hard to see.

I think (know) it's more because of this:

:D