Hey great community !

my one question for the addonmakers is!

is it possible to make a Modul-addon this means following !

we take the Hillux-Jeep or the URAL Truck from the game an mod him so that he have a open loading space. oky... now we gerate some Weapons, like rocket launcher form a plane like this pod form the SU-25 and other kind of stuff my Inspiration i got form Lybia war engineerin :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5221/5632762535_75bdbc5f78.jpg "SU-25"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MArVAhzylGI/TZyEBc3tCqI/AAAAAAAABHU/iy-_K6vGmvs/s1600/Libya_rebels.jpg

and now the Clou is you can attach what you wont on the Hillux loading space.. possible with "the attach to Command"

so you can customize the jeep with weapon you wont. but no CBU-97 xD

thx you and sorry for my poor english i hope you unterstand my request.

sounds great DJ-Hazrad, but i don't know if the ArmA 2 engine can let someone do that, well i don't know, maybe a day, someone will found a solution

I would like to see better intergration of units in Arma 2. Missions that go thrue the full length of insertion to extraction with realistic support modules. A wider range of air support during missions, with multiple requestible munitions. Artillery support from land based artillery units. Naval support from destroyers and aircraft carriers, like cruisemissle strike etc. Communication with UAV's and gunhsips. With the JTAC who can give everyone a video and radio feed from the support units. Couple this with more realistic munition physics, so that bombs drop as fast as they do in real life. Makes me very happy :).

Longer range on airbased munitions etc.

Then one thing that has also been bothering me is that there are not really good afterburner FX for planes out there. Also when a plane fly's over really low, there is no kicking up of dust and/or water. Also the air around hot engines and other surfaces should ribble when you look at it. And when ever you start flying really slow there's no scense of stalling. You just flowt really slowly in the air. I guess its the same thing as with the extremely slow dropping bombs.

Anyways, those are some of the things I'd like to see changed.

request?

You know this is addon request thread, yeah? You are not really requesting anything at this very moment, just listing your discontents

do you know if there is a mod available that changes the MK19 RoF apart from the ACE mod?

or can you tell me how i could do it? Maybe by changing the Weapons cfg?

My other request would be to add the existing HMMWV's more equipment to the interior, like more radios, random equipment, cables etc to give them a more realistic and authentic look and atmosphere. Those little changes enhance the immersion a lot.

Or would this be difficult in terms of changing the Vanilla modell, and therefore it would require an own HMMWV?

Thanks

U.S. units would be strange to be reskinned to woodland camo, because the U.S. Army doesn't use it as their primary camo anymore. Unless you're talking about M81, which anything is possible when it comes to addon making. As for vehicles, not yet, but a workaround would be using the USMC vehicles from A2. ;)

I'm sure he is requesting the M-81. I kinda would love that too :D

Yeah that would be M81 camo for US Army, but maybe digital version? You know, to keep it modern :D.

Another request: is it me or Merkava tank dosent get any love from modders? I only managed to find 1 mod for Armed Assault that added it. That tank is really cool and it is the only thing Im missing for Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny of Tanks, Abrams vs Leopard vs Challenger vs Merkava :D.

Yeah that would be M81 camo for US Army, but maybe digital version? You know, to keep it modern :D.

Another request: is it me or Merkava tank dosent get any love from modders? I only managed to find 1 mod for Armed Assault that added it. That tank is really cool and it is the only thing Im missing for Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny of Tanks, Abrams vs Leopard vs Challenger vs Merkava :D.

Check out the Lost Brothers mod.

Thats the mod I was talking about, still there is nothing for Arma 2.

I have always liked to of had a modern version of the CDF like the Eurocopter Tiger to replace the Mi-24, Ak 5 rifles and the israeli Sabra tank

Edited by RogueMerc

I have always liked to of had a modern version of the CDF like the Eurocopter Tiger to replace the Mi-24, Ak 5 rifles and the israeli Sabra tank

The logistics of moving to that for CDF would be odd, they have already a good standing army. Even if it is old Russian kit.

What we need is a map of the Chernarus/Takistan Border so they can play out border disputes in a Takistan Army vs. Chrenarus battle royale. You can have kind of an interesting ethnic clash with militias, police and civilians too since border regions often have spill over populations from neighboring countries. Great mission potential!

What we need is a map of the Chernarus/Takistan Border so they can play out border disputes in a Takistan Army vs. Chrenarus battle royale. You can have kind of an interesting ethnic clash with militias, police and civilians too since border regions often have spill over populations from neighboring countries. Great mission potential!

I like the sound of that could make good spy/recon and insurgency missions. :)

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

The logistics of moving to that for CDF would be odd, they have already a good standing army. Even if it is old Russian kit.

maybe, but i like the cdf alot but for me the only problem for me is that CDF doesnt have alot to choose from really, so maybe we could have sections so for example:

*An Airforce that has for example additional plane's like the c130 transport and recon craft similar to awacs/Nimrod

*A Navy that Consists of frigates,Carriers and Transports ships for example HMS Albion maybe even submarines and hovercraft for shallow water patrol and transportation or other watercraft that could do the role.

*Spec Ops like the Spetnaz that use more modern equipment instead of standard issue ak74's they could use the MP5 fitted with the m203 like in the RH SMG addon, and better body armour issued to them and camo's and various tactical assault gear, NVG's, balaclavas.

*Marine and Airborne regiments so you could have Chernarussian Marines trained by the US and a Para group similar to the 16th Air Assault of Britain

*Police Force consisting of SWAT/Riot teams, regular police and patrol vehicles (just a small bonus)

*Mobile Artillery like the Nora B-52

....Weapons....

HK33A2 for Rifleman

M60E3 for Machine Gunners

HK33A2 with a 40 mm HK79 UGL for grenadiers and maybe officers

HK33A2 and AT4 rocket launcher fot AT operators

Edited by RogueMerc

Anybody released a pilot helmet thats selectable in Profile Editor/ Anybody fancy making one?

Is there a mod that allows the doors on the UH-1Y to be opened and closed, similar to the Hind?

Anybody released a pilot helmet thats selectable in Profile Editor/ Anybody fancy making one?

Check out Schnapsdrosel's Mercenaries.

Is there a mod that allows the doors on the UH-1Y to be opened and closed, similar to the Hind?

Check out Schnapsdrosel's Mercenaries.

As far as I'm aware thats just the visor and mask?

I like the cdf alot but for me the only problem for me is that CDF doesnt have alot to choose from really, so maybe we could have sections so for example:

*An Airforce that has for example additional plane's like the c130 transport and recon craft similar to awacs/Nimrod

*A Navy that Consists of frigates,Carriers and Transports ships for example HMS Albion maybe even submarines and hovercraft for shallow water patrol and transportation or other watercraft that could do the role.

*Spec Ops like the Spetnaz that use more modern equipment instead of standard issue ak74's they could use the MP5 fitted with the m203 like in the RH SMG addon, and better body armour issued to them and camo's and various tactical assault gear, NVG's, balaclavas.

*Marine and Airborne regiments so you could have Chernarussian Marines trained by the US and a Para group similar to the 16th Air Assault of Britain

*Police Force consisting of SWAT/Riot teams, regular police and patrol vehicles (just a small bonus)

*Mobile Artillery like the Nora B-52

....Weapons....

HK33A2 for Rifleman

M60E3 for Machine Gunners

HK33A2 with a 40 mm HK79 UGL for grenadiers and maybe officers

HK33A2 and AT4 rocket launcher fot AT operators

what do people think about this

Edited by RogueMerc

The CDF was in a rebuilding phase in 2009, so they'd probably rely on the USN/USMC/USAF for transport purposes.

The only body of water the CDF borders is a lake, so a blue-water navy is out of place.

another request would be a south America addon involving Brazil and Venezuala so you could have Brazil backed by the US and Venezuala backed by Russia like AK-103 rifles

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

The CDF was in a rebuilding phase in 2009, so they'd probably rely on the USN/USMC/USAF for transport purposes.

The only body of water the CDF borders is a lake, so a blue-water navy is out of place.

I partly agree with that fact but take a look at these links http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Image:arma_2_island_locations.jpg

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Image:ARMA2_Map_of_Chernarus.jpg

what about utes, or say you were making a mission where the CDF send a peace keeping force to Isla Duala a navy would be needed

what about a CDF of 2009 and then a CDF of 2015 (improved)

Edited by RogueMerc

That's not accurate mate, see here:

arma_2_island_locations.jpg

You'll note the Green Sea is there.

I do agree that the CDF should get some kit upgrade. Maybe assault rifles or anti-tank weapons?

To stay on-topic. It's interesting to note that we've only seen a rather small region of Chernarus (South Zagoria). I would love to see the south-western part of Chernarus with the capital Novigrad. Time for it to be made. I don't see why B.I can't work on it. Additionally, I could make use for it in my mod as it the south and western regions have a number of rivers there. Perfect for water grabbing aliens.

;1927349']You'll note the Green Sea is there.

The Green Sea is a lake.

The Green Sea is a lake.
im sure a lake cant be a sea?

Regarding the CDF i considered making some new units for them, but at the moment concentrating on my Nogovan Addons.

im sure a lake cant be a sea?

based on that logic (or lack of), the black sea, as well as the red see are also lakes. Damn, you can also learn geography on those forums :confused:

Edited by PuFu