yea it is just popping sounds that dont make me jump or turn down my volume though. regardless if its realistic or not, are there any sound mods though?

optional sound DR compression can be handy.

but ironically its persists in most UAA[aka HDAudio]-compatible-devices, drivers, including, shipped by Microsoft[for codecs in "Azalia" mode, ie not requiring vendors-shipped, drivers].

its named "loudness equalisation" and triggered by checkbox under such name.

for users of rest sound hardware is posible to achieve same result by enforcing[high merit, no sessions,restrictions&etc] huge "normalisation" audio post-processinf filter from ffdshow[windows port of lavc/libavcodec/ffmper].

so its more interesting to have DR control in Mic input channel.

its not replace hardware mic-preamp with compressor[really nice purchase for VoIP users], but smooth artefacts alot.

Edited by BasileyOne

Guys, i have a wish here !

Does anyone know why are only two working seats in the BRDM-HQ ??? I mean, there are four seats in there. Two in the front, for the driver and commander, and two in the back of the APC as like in the BRDM-2. So could anyone make an addon that would make these two rear seats available ? Thanx guys !!!

Hey guys, we need a civilian building with some good spaces inside, lots of doors and windows, staircases, bedrooms, toilets, porches, you know.. I'm interested in creating a hostage situation inside one of those.

Remington 870 Shotguns.

I notice one thing in ArmA 2 is that their is not very many shotguns. I notice the AA-12, Sagia (I think I spelled that right), and M1014. Anyways I was wondering if someone could make a Remington 870 Express Shotgun. I think it would make perfect use for RP and it's a well known shotgun in many games and movies it also serves many purposes for example, Military, Police, Hunting, Civilian, and Federal

Remington 870 Express or Super Magnum

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/rem/rem_870_exp_youth.jpg

More Pictures of all types of 870's and Information can be found here:

http://www.remington.com/product-families/firearms/shotgun-families/pump-action-model-870.aspx

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_870

Thanks for reading :D

Edited by shadowhunter388
Added details and links.

Could some one make some new faces where the black guy doesn't look exactly the same as the all the other black guys?

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

start here with gnats videos

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83921

then these will help with proxys and such

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

Cheers for the links but after a while of having a go I've gotten no where haha.

Remington 870 Shotguns.

I notice one thing in ArmA 2 is that their is not very many shotguns. I notice the AA-12, Sagia (I think I spelled that right), and M1014. Anyways I was wondering if someone could make a Remington 870 Express Shotgun. I think it would make perfect use for RP and it's a well known shotgun in many games and movies it also serves many purposes for example, Military, Police, Hunting, Civilian, and Federal

Agreed. Moar shotties pl0x. Mossberg 500, Remington 870, Benelli M3, etc.

SPIE - Special Purpose Insertion/Extraction

Would be sweet to see this implemented into the game in one way or another. Would make for a quick way out of a HOT LZ where having a bird land would be unsuitable.

Marines signaling "Up" for SPIE OPS

Marines using SPIE OPS

Naval EOD Team using SPIE OPS

nice but I think a fulton STARS is more in order..

Idea: ATV with AA ability.

Since the GAF uses ATV's as part of it's mobile low-to-medium attitude AA defense, I thought it would be pretty cool to have implement something similar, so that the passenger in the backseat is a threat to helicopters and warplanes. Maybe that the Igla / Stinger or whatever is kinda like mounted on the vehicle and the character not nessesarily sitting but standing ?

picture.php?albumid=4328&pictureid=53196

picture.php?albumid=4328&pictureid=53197

picture.php?albumid=4328&pictureid=53198

Edited by CommanderYuri

Hi, im currently rather fusstrated ive been serching the net for some good Bagpacks for OA there is the 16 bagpacks that are based on the CZ one but i would like someone to create some that have many different moderday cammos Such as: ACU, Multicam, Desert DPM, Woodland DPM. If someone were to create such a mod i would be extremely greatful :)

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I would like a woodland US army re texture that would be awsome somthing like the BIS default from ARMA 2 these woodland onnes would look great in OA :)

Washington_DC_Monument_White_House-1.jpg

I feel like we should have a map of the Washington D.C. National Mall, with all of the monuments. We've seen it invaded before, why not again? Obviously creating a massive urban map in Arma 2 would be a huge project, and one that would be difficult to create while not crashing everyone's PC. I say just simply make the core of the city, the National Mall, with the monuments, and maybe just one or two blocks of actual building away from that.

Think of it! Rescuing the President who is being held hostage in the Oval Office . . . defusing bombs planted in the Capitol Building . . . fighting commies at the Lincoln Memorial . . .

Satellite View of the National Mall:

3215015496_932b36b970.jpg

And for thinking outside of the box, think of being able to sneak around the city via the underground metro subway!

washington-dc-metro-subway.jpg

Again, this could possibly be a slightly easy project, just a small map with the core of the D.C. monuments. The hardest part will be building the actual monuments and buildings themselves I imagine.

Who knows, this could be part one of a whole series on Nation Capitols . . . the Kremlin, Buckingham Palace, Lucasarts Ranch!

As a mission maker I beg you extremely talented map makers to take on this ambitious project!!!:yay:

As somebody who's living in the Washington, D.C. area, this sounds like a great mod. However, there are very few modders willing to put the time and effort into a project of such scale and magnitude.

If BIS released just a map of Washington, D.C. and nothing else, I would still pay $60.00 USD for them. Hell, I'd pay $60.00 USD just for a map of the D.C. Mall itself.

Luckily for addon makers, the city of Washington, D.C. is not that much bigger than South Zagoria, Chernarus. Just bigger by a couple square kilometres, they're both practically identical in terms of size.

Edited by Laqueesha

A city the size of the A2 Chernarus map. You know that will never happen right? Your PC would melt if you tried having a VD over 50-100 meters.

Hi! Its posible make Argentinian units for arma 2? Just the Units (no Vehicules) or some modern mod of Falklands war?

There are mods that are very similar to Argentinian units, only would ask permission and change the flags of the arms and Modified couple more.

My Idea is change the flags and use them in east or west side.

Here some pics

someone can helpme whit this?:confused:

A city the size of the A2 Chernarus map. You know that will never happen right? Your PC would melt if you tried having a VD over 50-100 meters.

Hence why I only mentioned the National Mall, not the whole city :P

While we're on the subject, are underground tunnels possible in RV3?

hey guys does anybody know if there is an addon which includes solid tall concrete walls? trying to make a quarantine zone in namalsk and honestly it looks pretty lame when using H-barriers.

I have just been hitting my old OpF DL spots and reminiscing.

If I didn't suck so bad at understanding addon making I would pick up when the like of Black Barron and MEHANIC left off. I really miss some of these vehicles, and the speeds one could achieve in some of them.

Memories

If anyones into vehicle making ;)

I also remember some old Mercedes limo's and sedans. Looked good in CAT-Afghan and Tonal maps.

Would anyone be interested in making some new fortifications?

I was thinking something like this....

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jakXV2ni4yw/S8N5jR7lUdI/AAAAAAAABwE/wazE4lDiolw/P1000143.jpg

http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/11/112643-german-pill-box-ieper-belgium.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOuFF8iy-5FeEXSOGPhghiHxifY6ssPa_bC89bRdO5_o54Y3wMjA&t=1

They would be a nice addition for assault positions/beach defense scenarios. I would love to see them with guns mounted in them with AI attached though so that it'd be easier for them to use, for example for each window area there would be a KORD or PKM or similar weapon. The option of an empty and already manned one would be nice, that way you wouldn't have to spend a lot of time in the editor setting it up so that the enemy will man it while you attack. Both for the Russians/ChDKZ/Takistani since they all use somewhat similar weapons in game.

Adding weapons and AI to the current fortifications would be cool too (like the big sandbag base), making them more useful.