I am requesting that someone work on more modern vessels in use by the US Navy.

I am aware of the USS Nimitz which is a work in progress and is absolutely beautiful so far. I am also aware of the LHD which someone put in game, and the frigates put in by Gnat (which are actually exceptionally functional and nice).

I would simply like to see different classes of amphibious assault ships, guided missile cruisers, destroyers, subs, whatever anyone has an interest in making.

Here is a wikipedia page with some links to various ship classes to give some idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_ships

I've got a free Arleigh Burke class model that unfortunately needs a lot of work and I don't have enough time

would love to see a c-17 globemaster on here and maybe an f5e tiger...

I would like to request a Macross Pilot to go with Ghost's Vf-1s Valkyrie. He's in the process of updating it for ArmA 2, but there won't be a pilot included so if someone would be so kind as to make one please? We'd really appreciate it. ^_^,v,,

http://www.akiba-station.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/macross_helment_1.jpg

=^.^=,,,

Edited by kage74

YES!!

Would work perfectly for a mission concept called Operation El Dorado Canyon (named after the 1986 bombing).

operationeldoradocanyon.jpg

We got improved F111's coming, this seems a perfect match!

Not to mention current events I'm sure there's mission ideas galore, especially the pilot rescue recently. I could see some fiction with that fact element ;)

I've got some news recordings for this very idea ;)

Good job so far!

Surprised not many other people posted a reply?

I can do in the field of Libya but only empty someone would have to add building roads and airports, who are interested?

(Because I have not to make any mastery over a map and completely optimized for ARMA2. sorry)

Ok…this is more of a question…than an addon request. Is there currently a mod that makes the sniper scope view like this? So that it does not completely obscure the perimeter. I guess you could consider this a request if no such mod already exists. If it does exist please point me in the right direction.

Example

Example

Example

=^.^=,,,

Edited by kage74

Ok…this is more of a question…than an addon request. Is there currently a mod that makes the sniper scope view like this? So that it does not completely obscure the perimeter. I guess you could consider this a request if no such mod already exists. If it does exist please point me in the right direction.

Example

Example

Example

=^.^=,,,

I think ive heard that one before, and people have said that it probably isnt possible, due to the limitation of the engine :(. Hopefully someone can prove them wrong :)

Example

Example

Example

=^.^=,,,

It isn't possible to have only the scoped area zoomed and the other not. But you could have the acogs behave like in most other games, zooming the entire screen area

Edited by PuFu

I need an island mod. VERY simple all i need is a plain empty world, no grass, trees or details, just an open plain with a sky. Someone sent me one ages ago, but i had to reformat my pc and lost it, now the person in question is not answering my pms. If anyone has or could knock one up i would appreciate it.

@ Archamedes Is THIS what you're looking for? Maybe this will work.

@PuFu Ok…maybe not possible to have only the scope area zoomed, but I have seen some addons where the perimeter of the scope was translucent black. If it can be made translucent, why can't it be made clear but slightly hazy and out of focus. Like you're focusing on the sight picture. I just hate having total tunnel vision while looking down the scope. In real life you don't close both eyes when you shoot.

Edited by kage74

@PuFu Ok…maybe not possible to have only the scope area zoomed, but I have seen some addons where the perimeter of the scope was translucent black. If it can be made translucent, why can't it be made clear but slightly hazy and out of focus. Like you're focusing on the sight picture. I just hate having total tunnel vision while looking down the scope. In real life you don't close both eyes when you shoot.

O'll try and explain this better once and for all:

the scope as you see it today in arma is nothing but a 2d texture/image. That texture can have an alpha layer (transparency from 0 to 100%, 255 increments). Still, using A2 PP effect, you can have the whole screen fuzzy (as in blur which is associated with depth of field), or none. There is no in between, or controlers to adjust the said PP effect on the screen size.

The scopes at the moment, with their curent behaviour are ok-ish for 10x magnification or more, but not for Acog (4x) type scope, since those are designed to be used with both eyes open. What you propose is not really feasable due to 1 particular reason. The scope is always stuck in the middle of the screen, opposed to iron and aim sights

The work around (which can't be implemented for all A2 weapons without a mlod) is changing the texture for the sight (to one a lot larger in order to keep the needed details) and in most cases the sights in itself (since there is no modeled whole per se in the model)

The downsize of this is by adding a zoom factor of 4 you zoom in on the entire screen, no just the sights.

Without render to texture implemented i am not sure it is even worth it, even for custom weapons, since those would feel out of place in the armaverse

Edited by PuFu

one very needed request the US officer / USMC officer model, in diferent colors (woodland / OD green / Multicam (ACU & marpar are already in game) and the same thing but without there caps (no head gear versions including WDL / OD / MULTI / ACU / MARPAT / DESERT MARPAT)

Since there is a lot of FOBs/Camps at the moment, i would like to request a Russian FOB/Camp as a alternative..!

Ok so asking in WIP wasnt the right place, I'll put it in here.

Would anyone (and you know who you are!) who is able to share the 'firing from vehicles' addon/scripts please do so.

I'd like to ask for T-62 in Takistani Army colours. Only T-62 I know about is made by Vilas, in Soviet colours.

Anyone interested in making a re-skin of the UH1 in marine colour scheme?

Yes a Russian FOB/Camp would be great

Since there is a lot of FOBs/Camps at the moment, i would like to request a Russian FOB/Camp as a alternative..!

Ok so asking in WIP wasnt the right place, I'll put it in here.

Would anyone (and you know who you are!) who is able to share the 'firing from vehicles' addon/scripts please do so.

Classic schoolboy error ! DON'T ASK HOW THINGS ARE GOING!

If there is news it will be posted here. How would you like it if someone (with the best will in the world) kept pestering you about news/releases ? I know I'd be REALLY annoyed.

Not trying to be nasty but you gotta learn to be patient. No posts = no news = don't ask.

When coding as something as complicated as this it will take time .... a LOT of time.

:blush::blush::blush:

I would like to see some group B rally cars!

It would be neat if someone retextured some of the Chendaki/NAPA units with Takistani faces to resemble Libyan rebel units, like the Egyptian retexture pack that was released a few weeks back.

one very needed request the US officer / USMC officer model, in diferent colors (woodland / OD green / Multicam (ACU & marpar are already in game) and the same thing but without there caps (no head gear versions including WDL / OD / MULTI / ACU / MARPAT / DESERT MARPAT)

Something like this?

bdu3.jpg

bdu2.jpg

BDU1.jpg

Is there a mod that adds shell casings to aircraft cannons? There was one for ArmA 1, but is there one for ArmA 2?

my tiny current wishlist:

- This mi-26 working http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12312 (crash to desktop)

- FN FAL non-PARA (original version) ****7.62mm!!!!**** (vilas fal and ffaa mod fal are 5.56 and do not like me) , with the best textures and recoil like bis FN FAL PARA ACE mod. (implemented in ACE mod, much better!)

A Russian VTOL plane like the Jak-141 is something that i think would be very useful. Unfortunately i don't have the skills to do that

Edited by Flattermann

@Vinque - Are you using regular ArmA 2, regular Operation Arrowhead, or Combined Ops?

Also, are you loading everything that was in the Mi-26 RAR, and not just the chopper's PBO?