@Styxx42 - If you use one of the debug tools floating about you can just write that loadout as a script, bung it in your addons folder and run it when you start a mission. I know you can for weapons anyway - its what i do for some missions that I feel benefit from 3rd party stuff, but that i want to adjust on the fly to get the feel right

@Styxx42 - If you use one of the debug tools floating about you can just write that loadout as a script, bung it in your addons folder and run it when you start a mission. I know you can for weapons anyway - its what i do for some missions that I feel benefit from 3rd party stuff, but that i want to adjust on the fly to get the feel right

Definitely a point in the right direction. Just googled debug Arma II and found some and now I understand what you mean. Loadings scripts from within a game. VERY sweet.

So I take it I can call my a sqs file from with in a game. Will have to have one for me and one for full team.

That certainly helps.

Thanks RabidStoat.

Never even thought about that sort of thing.

VERY swell. Now I am thinking of just calling for an ammobox or something at the start and save all that work. Well that is weapon loadouts take care of in a way.

Cool I just found the lostkey addon, so that should help with weapon and equipment load out.

Thanks again

Something I keep wondering WHY its missing from the modscene is more realistic optic GUIs?

Im not talking about the red orchetra-style 3D scopes, but something along the lines of this scope mod for STALKER:

It gives the impression of a 3d scope and increases realism(IMO). I hate using sniper rifle optics mostly for this reason. The black screen with a crosshair is something i expect from COD, not ArmA.

How hard would it be to "renovate" the 2 story mansion to its former OpF glory? I used to love that house. Park my camo net lockable Hilux in the drive, ooh yeah!

I have noticed it being used a lot lately in user maps as manors and such, it would be good for missions to be able to pass it off as lived in.

Please, please, could some one make addon with CZ 805 Bren. It would be awesome!

That's a good looking weapon. Looks like a cross between a Bushmaster ACR and an H&K G36.

Edited by Laqueesha

I may do it.

Edit: I'll do it.

Edited by ziiip

Is it possible to have a revive pbo that over rides missions with out revive it and thus it would be automatically enabled? Like a revieve on the spot sort of thing

Is this even possible?

From my limited knowledge I would think the answer is no, but I have wanted to ask for a long time.

Is it?

I recall OFP having a huge variety of car model addons to download. My favourite was the W140 S600 , I own the lesser engine model of this car and would love to drive it about in game. I have not been able to find it. Is there a similar type of car about for ARMA2 (big executive) ?

Never modelled anything myself, looks horrendously complex !

I have not seen anything close to it yet. You might try posting in the addon request thread to see if someone is willing to make it.

Can someone re-skin the Takistani BIS UH-1 helicopter to U.S. military liveries? U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, FBI, police, etc.

I have not seen anything close to it yet. You might try posting in the addon request thread to see if someone is willing to make it.

This is the addon request thread. :p

Erm...Laqueesha...it was a separate thread before a mod merged it into this thread here....just thought you should know this :D

This is the addon request thread. :p

This thread was moved from someplace else. Your excused.

Reskins of addons is the easy part of addon making. Just need location of original paa files. I have not checked yet but might be able to get away with the set texture command on this also. Ill check it when I am done in office maybe.

How hard would it be to "renovate" the 2 story mansion to its former OpF glory? I used to love that house. Park my camo net lockable Hilux in the drive, ooh yeah!

I have noticed it being used a lot lately in user maps as manors and such, it would be good for missions to be able to pass it off as lived in.

That can be done pretty quickly. Thats the one in Nogova in the middle of the market, all open and rooftop reachable?

That can be done pretty quickly. Thats the one in Nogova in the middle of the market, all open and rooftop reachable?

No that's the, I suppose you'd call it City Hall. But yeah, that's another building I miss :) Your not by any chance bored an looking for something to do? lol

The other one was like the one I think you used on Panthera. I can show you the newer one, I assume it was used in ArmA, which I never got around to upgrading to.

I wish I still had OpF on my rig so I could show you what it looked like. Little office up stairs, TV room with bookcase, kitchen, dining room, and a room filled with really old 80's computers. BI Studios?

It was definitely on Kolgujev, down South, used in the mission where you had to steal the documents el stealtho. Actually it was on all the islands

arma2oa2011031520333169.th.jpgThe front

arma2oa2011031520340024.th.jpg The hax0r room

arma2oa2011031520341704.th.jpg Office with TV room and Bookshelf

arma2oa2011031520342443.th.jpg But the view is still sweet.

(The island is Cicada Island)

Is anybody currently working on Russian Federation military units in digital camouflage to replace the default BIS units?

Myke;1874372']it was a separate thread before a mod merged it into this thread here
Your [sic] excused.

:o
No that's the' date=' I suppose you'd call it City Hall. But yeah, that's another building I miss :) Your not by any chance bored an looking for something to do? lol

The other one was like the one I think you used on Panthera. I can show you the newer one, I assume it was used in ArmA, which I never got around to upgrading to.

I wish I still had OpF on my rig so I could show you what it looked like. Little office up stairs, TV room with bookcase, kitchen, dining room, and a room filled with really old 80's computers. BI Studios? [/quote']

Beautiful buildings there. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Something I keep wondering WHY its missing from the modscene is more realistic optic GUIs?

Im not talking about the red orchetra-style 3D scopes, but something along the lines of this scope mod for STALKER:

It gives the impression of a 3d scope and increases realism(IMO). I hate using sniper rifle optics mostly for this reason. The black screen with a crosshair is something i expect from COD, not ArmA.

I think someone should think about it, nice idea !!

arma2oa2011031520333169.th.jpg

<sigh> This house is known as Guba's Pad.

It also requires a bloodstain upstairs as a result of Angelina's redundancy payout.

<sigh> This house is known as Guba's Pad.

It also requires a bloodstain upstairs as a result of Angelina's redundancy payout.

I'm more than aware of Guba's somewhat sporadic moods. The guy was an arse. Mind you she was a bit shifty also, but she was a ranga so I had a soft spot for her...

I was just saying there a few buildings I miss from the good old days.

I would like to see some Battle: LA type Alien units or a Tripod. I want to make an Alien invasion mission and all I have now is the Predator Dropships(wok pretty well) and some stargate things. I want the Ground units and drones mainly. Not the walking gun or floating platform.