Yes, thank you but what I meant is actual civilian aircraft. Like Boeing or Airbus.

second link has a boeing.

Ok, this is more of a question…than a request. Has anyone thought of or working on an American Civil War mod?

From what i understand there is a napolionic wars mod in progress. though it may have been cancaled. been awhile since ive seen anything on it. The thought is kind of cool but for the amount of work it would require you would need alot of demand for it to be worth considering.

Ok, this is more of a question…than a request. Has anyone thought of or working on an American Civil War mod?
From what i understand there is a napolionic wars mod in progress. though it may have been cancaled. been awhile since ive seen anything on it. The thought is kind of cool but for the amount of work it would require you would need alot of demand for it to be worth considering.

Because new members/ modders are less motivated by those historical eras than we were. That's sad. And the new Napoleonic mod is dead.

Because new members/ modders are less motivated by those historical eras than we were. That's sad. And the new Napoleonic mod is dead.

yes, it is true

cause no matter how many thousand of hours we spend, if there will be "official DLC" with one AK more with not real scope - majority would call it "awesome" and screw thousand hours spend on mods you prescribed (not even mentioning behind scene wars from people who "wanna join to be famous")

if anyone would do such mod, you are only one who sits in history so much

and how many people would download it comparing to "new awsome digital camo HK 416 SCAR 2000 Masada Aimpoint Eotech M517.23177545 multicam" or "official AK with M16 magazine , scope from G3, called RPKMSU" ;)

dozens of topics aka "f*** addons, give DLC, addons suck cause not official,, not in MP* are only nail to you

many requests would never been taken, shame, OFP world was so various in many many many modification, i remember LEGO wars, i remember dinosaurs, John Rambo, crazy animals etc. now i know it won't happen again :(

although OFP mods in Arma would be totally awesome

to lead John Rambo with 1914 French legion against dinosaurs and commie-bears in Lego cars ? it was possible in OFP :D

i even played Star Wars against WW2 Nogovians many times (remember Star Wars buildings pack ?) :D

even if we had so much time, audience would not be so big as in OFP era, probably soon after such Civil War mod, you would read 3 topics "BIS , hey, do DLC of Civil War, i wanna Civil War, cause addons suck and i won't dld them, cause not official" on private you would get 5 PM "hey, i wanna join, give me models, i will release it again under my tag and credit you in readme, or i will flame and bash you in every forum"

i hope to be wrong

Edited by vilas

Black is the total absence of light. Even at night, unless there was zero moon light and ambient light, black will stand out more than a camouflage with black in it. Blue would even be better than black

Last time I check, the Guard wears ACU FLC or ALICE gear as standard. Black vests are never issued to them, more than likely, they are personal bought.

SWAT is not a military force either, they are a policing force. The reason they wear more neutral colors such as Olive Drab, Black, Blue, and Tan equipment, is to make them less "militaristic". Although lately, more and more police agencies are turning towards a militaristic tendency.

Hi all ,

I have followed this game from operation flash point till the Armed assault 2 and all its addons . And i can say one thing ....the games on there own are okay , but if it wasnt for you Modders they would only be just okay . I have seen so many great addons and Mods from modders that do it cos they want to .

I have no idea who to do what you modders do , but i appreciate all that work that you do . If it wasnt for you modders these games would never be so successful , you all expand and improve the original game . To be honnest i think we should pay for such hard work , if i had to pay for addons at least i know that money goes to the people that make this game work better .

You Modders are free spirits and the advancement of all these games , fair play to you all :-) . lot of respect

regards

Mungo

The reason they wear more neutral colors such as Olive Drab, Black, Blue, and Tan equipment, is to make them less "militaristic". Although lately, more and more police agencies are turning towards a militaristic tendency.

Not only that, camouflage would be useless in most SWAT situations, which take place in close quarters. Although, some SWAT marksmen and sharpshooters utilise camouflage and sometimes even ghille suits. ;)

SWAT is not a military force either, they are a policing force.

Yup, they are actually an integral part of a civilian police organisation, just like any other department.

I would like to see some units like this:

Croatian/US Woodland BDUs

US DCUs

SSh-68 Helmets

Patrol Caps for NCO

Black Beret for Officer

Boonie Hats for Marksmen/Scouts

OD ALICE like gear

No Body Armor

OA compatible

Edited by suhsjake

You guys remember that boat from "Thunder in Paradise" with Hulk Hogan?

6353.jpg

Would be cool to float around in. Maybe TOWs, miniguns, sidewinder, mk19 and so on. I don't remember much from that show.

If it wasnt for you modders these games would never be so successful

I agree, addons are what make these games so successful. If we were stuck with only the "official" addons and missions this game wouldn't be nearly as good as it is.

It would just be nice to see the kind of variety we had back in OFP. Most people seem to be totally obsessed with making things "real" and focusing only on real-world scenarios.

While it is great to see so many high quality ultra-realistic addons and missions it would also be great to bring back some of the fictional or historical addons from the hay days of OFP.

Let's not be limited to only one reality.

To all the addon makers and modders out there, thanks for continuing to expand the ArmA 2 universe.

^_^,v,,

Black is the total absence of light. Even at night, unless there was zero moon light and ambient light, black will stand out more than a camouflage with black in it. Blue would even be better than black

Last time I check, the Guard wears ACU FLC or ALICE gear as standard. Black vests are never issued to them, more than likely, they are personal bought.

SWAT is not a military force either, they are a policing force. The reason they wear more neutral colors such as Olive Drab, Black, Blue, and Tan equipment, is to make them less "militaristic". Although lately, more and more police agencies are turning towards a militaristic tendency.

Look... I don't care if it's real or not. It is my request. If they don't want to do it fine. I don't need a long lecture about how fake it is and yes I know swat is not a military force.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

second link has a boeing.

Yeah, I tried it... The person who put it up for downloads didn't finish. It is WIP still.

I would like to request a mod to assist a friend of mine who is handicapped with color blindness. :(

No such mod that i know of, there was a mod in the works for enhancing color but that seemed to have stopped as far as I know,

and the only other things I can think of is the modules in the editor that would change the color of the game in terms of

atmosphere or how the games look, maybe try those.

A mod that somehow distorts the color or look appering as color would be an amazing mod, consider that his physical ailment or

blindness to color is Im not sure completely if its the eyes or how the brain percieves color that makes one color blind.

Well getting off of forum subject here, maybe someone else has better suggestion for you for your friend.

Its in the eyes. OT: How exactly would a mod help with that? Retexture every object in the game using colors he can see?

@Tech: you wouldn't happen to have played Battlefield Vietnam would you? Dice City mod?

I would like to request a mod to assist a friend of mine who is handicapped with color blindness. :(

Adjust the Monitor/video settings , not the game. Try enhancing different rgb colors

Its in the eyes. OT: How exactly would a mod help with that? Retexture every object in the game using colors he can see?

I was going to say something along those lines but felt it was to harsh even it is the simple truth but then too

Adjust the Monitor/video settings , not the game.

is a good suggestion.

Then again Color blindness as i mentioned does have to do with something excuse my language F*&%ed up in

the eyes or in the brain that percieves color, then again what do we know for sure that even a change in monitor

settings like digital vibrance would change something.

I guess the real answer to his question is, no there are no mods availiable that would make the game give color back

to a person who's physically unable to see color which has nothing to do with the game.

If you cannot see color outside of the game then well sorry for your disability

if you may call it that but nothing ingame can change that fact.

how about a IR beacon that is on the left or right arm, so apaches and other vehicles or planes can see friendly´s.

it would be more important for multiplayer, because sometimes happens friendlyfire.

I was going to say something along those lines but felt it was to harsh even it is the simple truth.

I was serious lol. I was trying to figure out how a mod would help. :)

honzikpen;1845372']how about a IR beacon that is on the left or right arm' date=' so apaches and other vehicles or planes can see friendly´s.

it would be more important for multiplayer, because sometimes happens friendlyfire.[/quote']

With ACE2 it's possible to stick an active chemlight to your shoulder and have it visible to the world in MP.

I'd like to request an India-Pakistan conflict mod, specifically one based on the 1999 Kargil War.

kargil-war-photos.jpg

A nice reason to have the INSAS rifle in-game; the rifle itself looks like a cross between an AK-74 and an FN FAL. The war itself is pretty unique in that it was one of few conflicts where two nuclear-armed countries fought each other in open combat.

Edited by Laqueesha

I'd like to request an India-Pakistan conflict mod, specifically one based on the 1999 Kargil War.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xUPSU0boGoE/TIBedc1kA3I/AAAAAAAAARI/WGGq-CEQGfQ/s1600/kargil-war-photos.jpg[/img]

A nice reason to have the INSAS rifle in-game; the rifle itself looks like a cross between an AK-74 and an FN FAL. The war itself is pretty unique in that it was one of few conflicts where two nuclear-armed countries fought each other in open combat.

than download my addons , you would have them (just like people who request US Army in woodland without vests)

in my addons there are Indian troops - 3 camo variants/5 models, 1 or 2 Pakistani soldier (using many variants of G3, including wooden G3), 2 variants of INSAS rifle (LMG and normal infantry model)

it was made few months ago on requests of India community members

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/skrin1new04.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAA2NkxmDJMl3M45VjIqCAf6apqVkJD-5nls-Fp34wchyFz6sgToyVszgucWz9HGtbTM9rqXNwdfnKzBMdpcnZA8Am1T1UJISVnOUXGPlVswkmvnK-SUPvPHH.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAFHZy9GV_iPj3HYvC5t1zISGKY956etSFkkdEadDBGgStEst1jjH3c2ydkm6vbNvUxDYzKZLFigvOJCqLLWF1LoAm1T1UEvPZerE5TUvMTleuBoDFc0PaQzK.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAIE_Ffji2stIzfeBW4QqAadF1-FvtglIhXyPRBMSkDYZ0Lq871rAHYo845dB5GxqVDTO5GB-516vSF58SJLxVfIAm1T1UFTr62TlaDO3T-LB_JNB3-tBkqv1.jpg (wip screen long ago)

they are in "Weaponholders" addon , they both weapons pack (including Arsenal AK from Bulgaria)

Edited by vilas