i can't remember... but is someone re-texturing the USMC infantry units to update them to OA standards??

Go throw a grenade and look at the explosion. Now fire an S-5 50mm FFAR and look at the explosion. 1/5 greater in diameter and the smoke cloud is enormous. It's equal to the PG-7 warhead of the RPG, which is bigger still and the explosion is still overstated.

I would love for a mod to downsize the explosions of FFARs and shoulder-launched AT weapons. There should be a lot of smoke, but it should rise from the blast rather than being pushed out from it in all directions. The smoke from an AT-4 won't completely conceal a tank, much less cover a highway. And the fire effect is low-res and looks bad when its is as big as it is. HEAT explosions look more like HE explosions (and those are fine I suppose).

Go throw a grenade and look at the explosion. Now fire an S-5 50mm FFAR and look at the explosion. 1/5 greater in diameter and the smoke cloud is enormous. It's equal to the PG-7 warhead of the RPG, which is bigger still and the explosion is still overstated.

I would love for a mod to downsize the explosions of FFARs and shoulder-launched AT weapons. There should be a lot of smoke, but it should rise from the blast rather than being pushed out from it in all directions. The smoke from an AT-4 won't completely conceal a tank, much less cover a highway. And the fire effect is low-res and looks bad when its is as big as it is. HEAT explosions look more like HE explosions (and those are fine I suppose).

yeah, you are right.

there should be also a addon that makes huge craters if a nuclear bomb explodes.

I know ArmA 2 isn't really a sci-fi game and there aren't many truly fictional addons out there (not like there were in OFP/ArmA1), but I'd love to see World of Warcraft make an appearance in ArmA 2.

Maybe a Fel Reaver addon, complete with menacing mechanical screech.

46046.jpg

That sound still makes me shudder. Nightmares of them sneaking up on my my first day on Hellfire Peninsula not long after the Dark Portal first opened. (how did a 5 story robot sneak up on me?)

Tearing around Chernarus or Takistan on my Mechano-Hog would be kewl. I wonder how hard it'd be to transfer the world of Azeroth into ArmA… Anyone got the topographical data?

Edited by kage74

Has anyone retextured the US Army vehicles (mainly the Stryker and Bradley) to a green or woodland scheme? I really thought that would have been done by someone the first month OA was released.

Since I don't think they use hiddenselections it may not happen, unless somebody sends a very specific email asking BIS for permission.

Hi, I know many have asked this a lot but I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to make the RP'ers a Boeing 737 or Boeing 747.

I mean how cool would it be to play as a RP Commerical airlines pilot to get you to another city. IT WOULD BE SICK :)

images%3Fq%3D737%2Bwith%2Bboeing%2Bpaint%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1296%26bih%3D569%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C952&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=371&oei=GKLXTNqPOI-2sAP8gs2GCw&esq=3&page=3&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:36&tx=74&ty=76&biw=1296&bih=569

Hi, I know many have asked this a lot but I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to make the RP'ers a Boeing 737 or Boeing 747.

I mean how cool would it be to play as a RP Commerical airlines pilot to get you to another city. IT WOULD BE SICK :)

yeah, and with the new maps that are coming out with bigger airports it would be perfect.

for example the huge desert map called "Sands".

honzikpen;1784150']yeah' date=' and with the new maps that are coming out with bigger airports it would be perfect.

for example the huge desert map called "Sands".[/quote']

Well, Sands is.... Meh... Because it doesn't have an actual airstrip. I like that one map's airstrip. Quesh-kibrul.

images%3Fq%3D737%2Bwith%2Bboeing%2Bpaint%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1296%26bih%3D569%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C952&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=371&oei=GKLXTNqPOI-2sAP8gs2GCw&esq=3&page=3&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:36&tx=74&ty=76&biw=1296&bih=569

well, FSX is out there ya know>>>

All headtracking axes inside vehicles would be nice. Leaning to the side would be a wonderful thing when making difficult landings and for general orientation.

This would totally improve chopperflight and it should be possible without great problems. There already was something like this in ArmA1 by Kegetys based on armalib if I'm not mistaken.

Also the simulation of G-forces may be a way. When flying curves then your eyepoint is pushed to the opposite direction. Maybe it can be connected to TrackIR/Freetrack/Whatever.

A mountain to crash things into !

a mountain object? hell , ebank's kunar province map has well over enough darn mountains to disrupt my simple support module support :o

well, FSX is out there ya know>>>

Well. GTA is out there too for Rper's so I really cannot see the difference in adding a 737. I mean it would be sick to have civilian aircraft. You could make missions where you have to transport a VIP to a airfield and get shot down by a AA gun or something. Hell, you could make some LOST episodes LOL.

Also FSX doesn't allow ported models into Arma 2.

I get people say its a military sim.

Lets remember though. A military sim should in include:

APC simulation

Tank Simulation

Soldier Simulation

Aircraft Sim. :)

So why not have some nice aircraft to go along. I think they did it for OFP.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

By Any chance would anyone be working on a 737 at least? :)

Has anyone retextured the US Army vehicles (mainly the Stryker and Bradley) to a green or woodland scheme? I really thought that would have been done by someone the first month OA was released.

you have woodland Bradleys in my pack , as well as M109 ;)

but generally you are right, it is easy job, suprisingly enyone forget about it

what is more funny , woodland texture of Stryker is already in Arma1, so just taking Arma1 texture and applying this to OA Stryker will do the job

You could ask the author of this addon if he could port it to Arma 2.

It's a great addon. I reinstalled arma 1 just to play with those

My Wish List:

Boeing 737-900

BIS PMC SUV with MINIGUN

American Swat Team

American Map

and probably some more stuff I can't think of but my main wish on the list is the:

Boeing 737-900