This post is just a first step stone in what could be the creation of realistic US special forces gear.

I am a big military gear fan and leader of a SOF Reenactment Team (who play Airsoft). I have some pretty good knowledge of current military gear and own alot of real deal gear parts (plate carriers, mich helmet...)

Like some people, I would love to finally see realistic looking special forces operators in Arma 2.

For example, I am very surprised that so far, no one ever created an accurate model of the Crye combat pants & shirts (not just texturing). Surprised because this is by far the most common apparel for Special Operations Forces right now and for the years to come and because it simply looks awesome.

I am neither a 3D modeler nor a good texture maker, I am just what you could see as a "military gear consultant". (don't take that title too seriously lol)

Now, I guess the 3D model needs to be created from scratch to get a good result.

If someone has some valuable skills at 3D Modeling and texturing in Arma, I would be glad to help by providing any necessary pictures of the gear involved since I own a complete set and can take any picture needed or provide any info you want (measures, details...)

The best thing would be to have 2 versions of the Crye apparel: Multicam and AOR1 camo patterns

As a second step, I can also help to create LBT 6094 Plate Carrier (the most popular nowadays), Paraclete HPC, Paraclete RAV models since I also got some. I also have tons of molle pouches.

Combined with a good crye combat gear model, this would dramatically enhance the look of the operators ingame.

Please contact me if you think you could be interested in this project. I will be glad to offer my help about the technical info you need and offer my advices on your ongoing work!

For people who have no idea what Crye gear is, here is a few pics (most of the operators on these pics wear LBT 6094 Plate Carrier):

First, Crye Combat Pants and Shirt in Multicam pattern:

cryeexample.jpg

Here, Crye Combat Pants and Shirt in AOR1 pattern:

cryeexample02.jpg

Here, a detailed look at the Crye gear

APRCS402.jpgAPRCP40232R-B.jpgAPRCP40232R-C.jpg

@CoolSpy DL the TF86 SEALs pack then. They maybe SEALs, but it has AOR 1 and 2, Multicam,DCU,Woodland, and ACU.

was about to say so as well. Not sure if the vest is the same as in the photos , but that addon covers what he is asking, i think

YES!

but wait, the pig? isn't the pig the all mighty m60?

aardvark in africans means earth pig apart from the fact its earnt its nickname down here due to its ground hugging ability lol

hi everboby,

I would like to kindly request the mecenary to QUEEN QUAMBIT for OA please

qgunits1.jpg

thx

hi everboby,

I would like to kindly request the mecenary to QUEEN QUAMBIT for OA please

thx

Take a look at the Tier One addon for OA, pretty close if not better IMO.

I'd like to see a ArmA2 version of the Battle Over Hokkaido mod. I'm not sure if the mod team that made it are still together or if there's another in the works.

For Yoma and others that make internet tools: A 'looking for game' tool.

It's hard to pick a server with only 1-2 other people, and know there are many others looking at the server list same as you - hesitant to commit that startup and organizational effort because others might not come. How to get around such a gamble? The Arma 2 OA group launcher!

This could be a simplistic interface that allows the user to checkmark type of game they wanted to get into, and a list of applicable servers to vote on for starting a game with the people in that category. Possibilities for auto-grouping on ping, game version - more.

Benefits: See the immediate demand for gametype, ability to hook-up and get a server filled from the start without a week of soliciting. Increased MP confidence and count, more robust online community.

Presedential Aircrafts: Airforce One , Marine One, Presedential Limo: Cadillac One, President Obama himself, Secret Service personnel, Presedential Motorcade?? Great Ideas!!!

How about a T-80U for Takistan Army?

or an Mi-26?

than please do reskin yourself :)

it will work, you have my pack, you can do reskin easy by editing colours etc.

take my addon pack (soviet vehicles) and reskin it anyhow you want

Presedential Aircrafts: Airforce One , Marine One, Presedential Limo: Cadillac One, President Obama himself, Secret Service personnel, Presedential Motorcade?? Great Ideas!!!

That'd be cool if some US maps are released for VIP missions and such, maybe a fictional president though.

President Obama himself

I don't think this would be a good idea simply because he is bound to be killed in-game at some point. :|

I don't think this would be a good idea simply because he is bound to be killed in-game at some point. :|

Your right, it would need to be a fictional president, perhaps loosely based on him.

You have no idea how many times I have killed "Mr. Iranian President" while raiding Zargabad, or Bolabongo. :p

Did anyone release a Swedish S-Tank addon for ArmA or ArmA II?

I just got one the other day. (airsoft of course) and must say this is a sweet weapon. would LOVE to see someone put it in my favorite game.

any pics needed or anything just post it here and ill take them for ya.

its basically a TINY FN Scar, with an AK folding stock. I can get pics

with most accessories, Acog, Eotech 552, Magpul angled grip, stubby forward grip, flashlights, peq-15, whatever youd want to model.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6626027&l=aa94838dcd&id=725865378

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6626029&l=e4529972e1&id=725865378