To add the selection into the config, the selection must first be present on the model.

Any F-18 addon in sight? I could really go for one.

There was an amazing Super Hornet mod for ArmA1. Was only in beta but it had a very detailed cockpit with working MFDs displaying information, a customizable loadout system, and all sorts of other cool stuff.

I would love to see that mod (made by Franze I think) continued into ArmA2.

LOL I can hear it now (another wep request) but I was wondering if anyone is working on a Barrett .416

Cheer's ChefD

I've conceived a scenario for a possible campaign (or group of campaigns), that would focus largely on non-military (but still combatant) characters. Espionage. Cloak-and-dagger. Small-scale confrontations and fights, stealth, package transfer, avoiding civilians as you rush from building to building, with only a silenced Makarov and a satchel charge. I've been testing out some possibilities with ArmA2 when it comes to missions that focus more on gangs, guerrillas and spies, rather than tactical professional military operations. Only problem is that my scripting talents are quite limited. But one can still write...

The setting: Uzbekistan. The setup: the CIA station chief has been kidnapped on his way to the US Embassy in Tashkent. The player could choose to follow one of three paths:

- That of a CIA operative, whose goal is to track down the station chief and secure his safety. His campaign would consist of straightforward dealings with other spies, interrogations, killings, data capture.

- That of an Uzbek informant who's being pursued by terrorists after his role in bombing a high-ranking IMU official. His campaign would consist of escape-and-evasion, stealth, and some combat.

- That of a Chechen arms dealer and recruiter who's been conscripted by the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan to take down the CIA's power structure in Uzbekistan. His campaign would consist of taking out informants, bombing CIA safehouses, and kidnapping operatives.

Players would get a different style of game with each character, different motives, different themes, different drama. The different characters would also run into one another in each campaign.

Can someone please make a stand alone radio chatter mod for when you enter vehicles, i have the radio chatter sound files. I just need someone to script it and pack it up ready for use.

PRACS F-18 - I think it's Franze's work, or based on it.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h70/ballistic09/F182010-06-2419-30-48-60.jpg

Yup definately, I recognize that model and weathering on the texture. The question is will it have his signature vehicle dynamics or has it been toned down?

Since you are part of Project RACS do you by chance know if it will?

Edited by NodUnit

Yup definately, I recognize that model and weathering on the texture. The question is will it have his signature vehicle dynamics or has it been toned down?

Since you are part of Project RACS do you by chance know if it will?

The flight model will be different, I've done some work on the same model for the ANZAC mod and the flight dynamics now are nothing like the Arma1 version.

And the features such as dynamic arming, integrated map and others?

And the features such as dynamic arming, integrated map and others?

Sorry I started a port of the arming system but as Franze will tell you the code runs to many 1000's of lines and I wasn't able to give it the time needed.

I know Myke is also working an arming system for Arma2 and that would be the best hope for this type going forward, the arming system for the Arma1 F/A 18 was only for that aircraft.

I'd imagine all the other advanced features will also be stripped away in the Arma2 versions.

A Golf or another car from game model with police items. It is very sad that BIS had made only one car (Lada) with that feature :rolleyes:

It is very sad that BIS had made only one car (Lada) with that feature :rolleyes:

I bet you cry yourself to sleep every night over it.

Has anyone who's been browsing the free models sites seen one of these?

ellesmere_post_box1.jpg

:D

I've checked the most obvious sources with no luck so far...

B

Has anyone who's been browsing the free models sites seen one of these?

:D

I've checked the most obvious sources with no luck so far...

B

google sketchup warehouse has that for sure. But I'm not sure how to convert them to 3ds/obj easily..

Edited by Fox '09

I think making AH6X UAV with good cameras can fly high will be good instead of the Drone we got.

google sketchup warehouse has that for sure. But I'm not sure how to convert them to 3ds/obj easily..

Thanks Fox!

Found the one on the Google Warehouse, though sadly it's a model of a Portugese postbox and not quite the same as a Brit one... might be a good starting point though... if I'm gonna go to all the trouble of making the damned thing, then I might as well get it right...

PS - I've sorta semi figured out how to get sketchup models into .3ds and .obj no problem by following a tip from elsewhere on the forums... Sketchup Pro exports directly to those formats... OK it's a timed demo and you only get a few "hours to evaluate", but if your evaluation consists of "start, load model, export model, shutdown", then "a few hours of demo" will last for lots of model conversions! :D

It's how to get the damned things into O2 without errors and what to do with them afterwards that has me struggling now...

Time to hit the O2 section for further assistance I guess... someone must have ported sketchup models before... and I have a nice little selection of simple "UK Objects" now...

B

I request the North Korean and South Korean armies. Not an entire force, just Infantry, their main battle tank, an APC and a few cars to make scenarios varied enough.