I posted a ramble a while back about the lack of generic units. Then I spent a while in the editor and had a faceplam moment... Of course both the Chedaki and NAPA rebels fit the boat (to an extent) on the OPFOR and Resistance sides. So I rephrase:-

Is anyone planning to make any BLUFOR generic-looking troops?

And by generic I don't mean blackwater mercs.

I posted a ramble a while back about the lack of generic units. Then I spent a while in the editor and had a faceplam moment... Of course both the Chedaki and NAPA rebels fit the boat (to an extent) on the OPFOR and Resistance sides. So I rephrase:-

Is anyone planning to make any BLUFOR generic-looking troops?

And by generic I don't mean blackwater mercs.

Well what do you mean?

Having generic as the only guideline is almost impossible.

Uh.. hmm.. How to clarify?

The best examples i can think of were the Sentinel infantry packs for Arma and the EDF for OFP - both were based on the basic infantry BIS released, with hidden selections to customize their appearance with bags, berets, helmets etc. What they lacked - and gave them what I am terming generic appeal was any form of insignia or flags adorning their ODs. So apart from PASGT or Eastern bloc helms there was no way to pin them down to a place of origin.

Nice for when you wanted a plain unit, with limited variations, instead of having to always be a national (ie USA, Russia, PLA) army

Where them Aliens at? Also, a A1 to A2 BLU infantry convert would be appreciated.

black berets would be cool with different emblems, not only NATO, like without, with golden airborne, silver airborne, some freaky things like skull and swords. Kinda SF style like

( Georgian SF )

attachment.php?attachmentid=112243&d=1267641344

( Mexican SF )

MexSpF1.jpg

Edited by CommanderYuri

How an earth does Mexico afford to give those soldiers each a Barrett?

Not very realistic I know, but does anyone have any intention to detach the minigun from a chopper and stick it on a tripod? In an imitation District 9 style?

Edited by RabidStoat
adjusted to actually have something to do with the thread

Hoping to make a Arma2 version of both of the Hidden & Dangerous 2 campaigns for coop play - 4 player vs the Reich (ahh, H&D2, the most enjoyable type of sleath/action coop play I've ever had on recent PC games, but without the decent graphics we've come to expect).

I have a number of custom small scale (FPS friendly!) maps for the job, and will make use of the excellent looking troops/weapons, however as I understand it they're only going to concentrate on the most widely used weapons for their intial release, which will leave me with a short fall of 3 vital weapons. Just wondering if anyone was planning the following : -

1. The silenced De Lisle ( http://www.rifleman.org.uk/The_DeLisle_carbine.htm) - essential for quite a few of the missions I'd like to make.

2. The silenced sten (http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg38-e.htm) - I think the Australians at War mod might have been workign on one for Arma 1, but I never saw a finished model.

3. The Welrod pistol (http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Single-Shot-Pistols/Welrod.htm) - ok, not actually in H&D2, but I thought it might be a nice touch for some of the indoor wet work...

Be obiliged if anyone can help.....

I think somebody should make the Gulf of Oman map of Battlefield 2, would be sick doing a co-op operation on there.

I don't know if anyone has attempted this, and I sure as hell dont know how, but has anyone given any thought to a mod representing a present day conflict on the korean peninsula? you would need to create south korean and north korean units, vehicles, etc, and probably a korea based map or two, but there are plenty of US and allied units to use, and there are already chinese especially, but also russian units to back up the north koreans, so that is already done. I have just had this idea floating around, and given that I have zero ability to create this, I was wondering if anyone who can thought it was a good idea.

I would truly love to see a map that resembled the deserts of Iraq. I think it would be cool to see a terrain that was more then just flat and boring.

I think it would be cool to see oil pumps on fire, debris from blown up vehicles all over the place. Pretty much a good version of what was maybe seen during the first Gulf War.

This of course would be great if it was all for ARMA 2

I'd love to see more objects to play around with in visitor 3, sets would be great, like:

Tropic set (some buildings, tropical vegetation/clutter)

Desert set (OA)

Snow European set (retextured Chernarus veg/buildings)

Summer European vegetation.

Would make for a wide and awesome range of locations to fight in once the community made some maps :) With those you could pretty much build an island anywhere in the world.

i would like to see the syrian army from the 80's and the lebanon army from the 80's

How about some US "southern-state redneck militia" type paramilitary that I saw in some American films and series (Southern Comfort, JAG, Mercury Rising, Jericho, ect...)? In the detail of at least the BI guerilla/insurgent factions, they'd have civilian clothed armed individuals and semi/mixed uniformed "active" ones (BDU, ACU, MARPAT, Tigerstripe, what else is available in US), armed with shotguns, hunting rifles, civilian versions of AR-15 family (and other available in the US), "illegal" firearms (MAC-10, Intratec TEC-9).

How about some US "southern-state redneck militia" type paramilitary that I saw in some American films and series (Southern Comfort, JAG, Mercury Rising, Jericho, ect...)? In the detail of at least the BI guerilla/insurgent factions, they'd have civilian clothed armed individuals and semi/mixed uniformed "active" ones (BDU, ACU, MARPAT, Tigerstripe, what else is available in US), armed with shotguns, hunting rifles, civilian versions of AR-15 family (and other available in the US), "illegal" firearms (MAC-10, Intratec TEC-9).

I'm with you on that. Just get one thing straight my friend, it's not "redneck militia" it's "hillbilly militia". :p

P.S.: Jericho (R.I.P.) was based in Kansas, which is not really a southern state.

I would love to see a war torn city and futuristic armor, units, etc... for both sides

"Now when playing in multiplayer this isn't as important as your squadmates can tell you where enemy is with a precision down to a single degree on compass but in singleplayer with AI it's different.

I don't get this "far right, close left, rear, front" stuff as it encompasses just too much area to search through so I'm forced to play with showing objects on map turned ON.

Is there any mod that gets the clock from OFP/ArmA back in? "

And obviously it wasn't a request, but a question.

Originally Posted by gotcha1234

You could make 2 versions both the 135mm and 152mm

Also I hope this answers you how it will look in reality:

http://www.salute.co.uk/imagemanager/p000111_2.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/i/t95dh2.jpg/

And here is some intel on the Croatian tank:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-95_Degman

http://www.areamilitar.net/directori...Degman_001.jpg

Also i would like to see more opfor or ''independent'' armies,just to balance all those blufor amries...

Did someone say they were doing a remake of the African War Mod for OFP? i forget the name

Don't know if this has been asked, but would someone consider making 3D armoured vehicle interiors? It's pretty annoying having to look through a letter box.

I would, but I have zero modding experience.

The 31st Normandy mod has tanks that have 3D armored interior vehicles. You could ask them how to do it.