Even if the Call of Duty Models are low quality, it would still be cool to have them. I mean Fallout 3 has them! Why can't ARMA?

If they are bad, maybe buff them and polish them up a little. But I could care less, some of us just still want the models for a mod.

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ofp:modeling:tutorials

Feel free to get started then.

Two things on my wishlist:

1. A syntax like this example: Name flyInHeightASL 120.

(Above Sea Level) That would make ai airplanes and helicopters fly more realistic, not following the terrain all the time. It would be good when useing the c130 refueling plane.. not following the plane up and down up and down when it fly`s over mountainous areas. Same with helicopters on limited speed.. they stop when they climb and full speed when desending, over and over again when you just want a nice flyby.

2. A sit action on benches and chairs. Would be nice to walk up to a bench and get the action "sit", then you sit on the bench like you do on the side of a littlebird or use the animation from sitting in the back of a truck.

Ok, the flyinheightASL was just to illustrate what I ment, Any other way making the same function with a script or whatever would be awesome as long as it looks natural :)

hey all,

firstly i apologise if this has been asked already, but there are 140+ pages and im stuck at 6KBps for the rest of the month, so..

could there be a mod to re-assign the controls keys, to 'fully' customise them. i would assume this would mean adjusting a config file, as the in-game customising of keys is not in-depth enuf.

ie:

1/ a single button for 'activate, and enter/exit vehicles', would mean not having to scroll thru a silly little menu.

2/ inside a vehicle id like to be able to change seats with a simple keystroke, eg; crtl-1 = drivers seat, ctrl-2 = gunners seat, etc etc. again not having to use the annoying scroll menus (very distracting).

3/ ability to remove comletely any key assignments that i will never use, and re-assign those keys to other more useful (for me) options.

4/ using the numbers 1-9 for selecting weapons and accessories quickly.

basically, i find the controls to be overly complex and many of them seem to overlap. some are downright confusing, i mean what is 'turning out'? the scroll menus are downright annoying and distracting to gameplay (OFP's radial menus are terrible and get you killed more than not), i dont know why they would want to make it so complicated to do simple tasks that could be acheived with a simple key(combination)-stroke?

if there is already a mod for this, could somebody point me there please.

cheers!

.LJ

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

as above for the reason for asking....

friendly tags> it would be nice to have some tags up so i can tell friend from foe, as they all look similar, and in-game unless somebody is closer than 20m away its nearly impossible to tell who they are. ive done many friendly kills at close range simply because i cant tell who they are. having a choice of 'complex' tag, with name, rank(if go for that kinda thing), distance and colouring to suit health level of friendlies would be good, or 'simple' tag with only a name and health colour would be best for instant recognition of team-mates, as well as the ability to set the distance of visibility of the tags from near to far.

for example: since everyone i know uses teamspeak, standing around for minutes on end trying to determine if im looking at 'you' and not a damn bot is very frustrating and time wasting (and deadly). ie;

"hey is that you?"

"um. dunno... im running in circles, see if you can spot me"

"hang on, looking, looking looking. cant see you. are you over near the building/vehicle/tractor??"

"well, im near a building"

"ermm........."

.... this has happened to me many times, and in the end not finding my team mate, who i wanted to hook up with to take that tank into battle....very frustrating!

i know some will say that Not having these increases realism, but honestly, i "play" the game, i dont "live" the game. and in the real world we have other senses to help us determine these sorts of things easily and quickly, its called situational awareness, and so far we do not have the level of thechnology to impliment it in games like we do naturally in the real world. if youve ever played paintball skirmish or laser-tag games, youd know what i mean.

spin-map> i know this is not used i most of the game types, but, i play (want to) AAS style games, and the need for a spin-map is paramount. and yes, ive been told to hit some key to bring up the GPS, but seriously, its not worth a pinch of poo compared to a visual aid like a spinmap, and having to use a grid reference to then find on the main map is difficult and gets you killed, its as user-friendly as a stick up the backside. flicking between the main map and combat, i only use now and then and it is laggy as buggery and does not follow your character along. whereas a spinmap allows instant appraisal of the situation during combat 'in your area'. zooming of the spinmap would be good to.

these ideas are not new theyve been done before in other games very succesfully and, gosh darnit, they work.

anyhoo, cheers for now

.LJ

Edited by LaughingJack

HO HO HO YOU ARE FUNNY.

If no one wants to do them and are just too lazy to, just say so.

Hah.. that's funny. what if the people who can mod models are actually busy doing projects they want to work on.

Can we get some Call of Duty (MW1 and 2) Unit Mods. NO Gameplay changes, just the Models from the game packed into a pbo in the addons folder for use as a unit/faction in editor.

Oh, and "If you want Call of Duty go play it blah blah".

I don't like Call of Duty. I hate the game, but they have good designs for their Rangers/Marines/SAS/Commies/etc.

Only thing I would ever do for COD is the Campaign, and the only multiplayer is for shits and giggles. Like teamkilling on Hardcore, which is always funny, mostly because of the excessively angry tards yelling in their microphones.

Even if the Call of Duty Models are low quality, it would still be cool to have them. I mean Fallout 3 has them! Why can't ARMA?

If they are bad, maybe buff them and polish them up a little. But I could care less, some of us just still want the models for a mod.

HO HO HO YOU ARE FUNNY.

I think you might be the only one who wants this, so learn to make it... instead of asking multiple times or calling people lazy. :rolleyes:

HO HO HO YOU ARE FUNNY.

You have 14 posts....

So you are obviously new here.

MOD makers simply make what we want to make. I assure you that most of us are not very lazy at all. Requesting over and over as well as calling people "lazy" will definately get you nothing.

If you want it so bad simply follow the link i gave you and it will tell you how to import, modify, or simply make what you want.

I understand this is the addon request thread, but being pushy about it is definatly the wrong way to go about it. good luck

HO HO HO YOU ARE FUNNY.

You act like the communities sole purpose is to pump out whatever addons you want for a mod.

Yeah... I think you'll have a short stay here.

Hmm funny...I thought this was an addon request thread....No disrespect to the modders, but I didn't read any rule's stating he couldn't ask multiple times.

Obviously he was out of line calling mod makers lazy, but thats no reason for everyone to gang up on him. I understand that making mods takes a lot of work, hundreds of hours, so naturally you wont do it if its not something your into/interested in.

I have read dozens of newly opened threads asking for mods, then they are quickly closed with a link to this thread saying it's stickied for a reason, but I have yet to see anyone make a addon that's been requested..well maybe one or two but thats neither here nor there.

MOD makers simply make what we want to make.

Why is there a request thread then if in the end it doesn't really matter? If you wanted to make it, you would have already done it or started to do so.

Anyways, I apologize, this is way off topic. Just felt something should be said, I could be way out of line myself tho.

Hmm funny...I thought this was an addon request thread....No disrespect to the modders, but I didn't read any rule's stating he couldn't ask multiple times.

Obviously he was out of line calling mod makers lazy, but thats no reason for everyone to gang up on him. I understand that making mods takes a lot of work, hundreds of hours, so naturally you wont do it if its not something your into/interested in.

I have read dozens of newly opened threads asking for mods, then they are quickly closed with a link to this thread saying it's stickied for a reason, but I have yet to see anyone make a addon that's been requested..well maybe one or two but thats neither here nor there.

Why is there a request thread then if in the end it doesn't really matter? If you wanted to make it, you would have already done it or started to do so.

Anyways, I apologize, this is way off topic. Just felt something should be said, I could be way out of line myself tho.

There are people out there who look through this and decide to make an addon that's listed in here. The thing is when people post the same thing over and over, and then call people lazy because they don't do what you want, it pisses people off. Just because you may think *blank* addon is something urgently needed doesn't make your request any more important than the ones posted before yours.

Of course, I'm not saying that he wasn't wrong either. As you said him calling you guy lazy pissed you off, im sure after he followed the rules and he was told to make it himself he might have been pissed off himself.

In any case I just thought five people in a row flaming him seemed a little unfair.

Dropping the subject.

Why not make Croatian forces?Together with the M-95 Degman main battle tank...I could give you all the resources you need,I even know some guys which might give me models and textures for everything the croatian forces would need...

Why not make Croatian forces?Together with the M-95 Degman main battle tank...I could give you all the resources you need,I even know some guys which might give me models and textures for everything the croatian forces would need...

If you can get models and textures I'll give it a go.

Okay, interesting idea, not sure if its even possible but worth a try...

well, basically i think a mod that "smoothed" all the actions would be neat so if ur running then u press the jump button ur guy didnt stop for a second then jump then wait for a second after he jumps to keep running... also with say a low wall, if u step off ur guy falls then wont move for a second then he moves.

oh and also sometimes wen u shoot some one (but not kill them) their gun points up at the sky, like what the heck!?

I hope that makes sense...

so if its possible i reakon a mod that fixed those silly little bug glitches wat ever they would be called, would be cool.

Edited by Phoenix654321

If you can get models and textures I'll give it a go.

Alright,i will let you know...right now I am trying to contact those guys who might have the models...

Alright,i will let you know...right now I am trying to contact those guys who might have the models...

Nice one. Send me a PM when you have the permissions and models etc.

Okay, interesting idea, not sure if its even possible but worth a try...

well, basically i think a mod that "smoothed" all the actions would be neat so if ur running then u press the jump button ur guy didnt stop for a second then jump then wait for a second after he jumps to keep running... also with say a low wall, if u step off ur guy falls then wont move for a second then he moves.

oh and also sometimes wen u shoot some one (but not kill them) their gun points up at the sky, like what the heck!?

I hope that makes sense...

so if its possible i reakon a mod that fixed those silly little bug glitches wat ever they would be called, would be cool.

this is something i myself have been wondering about. the one that drives me nuts is the stop move stop move of changing pistol to weapon or rocket to rifle. Not sure this can be smoothed out though as it seems all hard coded into the game.

I would like to see heat distortion from exhausts and fire etc.

Really missing that.

Even an old game like Joint operaions: typhoon rising had it in-game.

I would like to see heat distortion from exhausts and fire etc.

Really missing that.

Even an old game like Joint operaions: typhoon rising had it in-game.

Yes definately!

I would attempt this but have no idea where to start.

If theres anyone out there who knows how to do this but just doesn't have the time to do it themselves, send me a PM.

I want some green trees for mapping, that would be awesome, so sick of autumn :( I want lush vibrant versions of the default A2 ones, I'd do it myself but haven't a clue.

Someone has thought of doing an addon of the UAV Searcher MK II J and RQ-11 RAVEN miniature unmanned aerial vehicle (MUAV)?.

Thanks