One mod i would like would be a Napoleonic wars mod.

Would be brilliant to have organised fights with proper ranks and such.

Stubblehopper worked on some units, but he said he found it too difficult to create a melee system and may come back to it later...

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/New%20folder/mpcstar%202009-04-09%2009-18-17-48.bmp

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=comments&type=news&id=2877

As for a pretty basic melee system, I tested a adapted zombie script on my romans in ArmA1:

This wouldn't work in ArmA2 without alot of scripting, because of the fsms. Charon has made good progress on zombie attacks in ArmA2 though, it seems.

Edited by Icewindo

helloo

i want ask if someone have sam-2 sam-6 or sam-8 racketa or still in progress?

thanks

I have a request. I'd like to see if anyone could make a mod that changes the aimpoint and eotech reticle dots to be about 5-10x smaller.

These optics are supposed to ENHANCE combat effectiveness, not be a detriment to whoever uses it.

If anyone has ever played America's Army 3 with the aimpoint, THAT is how big the dot in the aimpoint should be. It shouldn't completely cover your target at 100m. It should be tiny to allow for long range(~300+m) shooting.

3699676962_876cf7c6a1.jpg

This is about how big the dot should be.

I have a request. I'd like to see if anyone could make a mod that changes the aimpoint and eotech reticle dots to be about 5-10x smaller.

These optics are supposed to ENHANCE combat effectiveness, not be a detriment to whoever uses it.

If anyone has ever played America's Army 3 with the aimpoint, THAT is how big the dot in the aimpoint should be. It shouldn't completely cover your target at 100m. It should be tiny to allow for long range(~300+m) shooting.

This is about how big the dot should be.

I'd have to agree. This is a simple thing, just changed one texture. Not hard.

I'd have to agree. This is a simple thing, just changed one texture. Not hard.

If I knew where to find it I could probably do it myself :(

I've read somewhere that the size of the circle in the vanilla EoTech's is about realistic, but everybody makes them much bigger, because they find it "ugly"

Would love to see some G3s (especially the 'modernized' G3A4 versions with rails). 7.62 for the win!:D

G3A3 old

G3A3 new furniture

G3A4

G3A3 + HK79

G3SG1

all in Project 85 addons for Arma2

along with Bundeswehr troops, Leopard1A2, 1A3/4, 1A5, 2A4, Marder 1A2, VW 183 Iltis, ugly truck MAN etc.

but those are 1980-1990 versions

G3 with rail - i made Swedish AK4 with rail and Swedish type AIMPOINT , also in P85 along with AK-5 and FNC

Hm, I do have your pack, didn´t notice the G3s, though. Anyway, checking it now! Thanks, Vilas! :)

I've got a couple of small requests, I'd like to be able to unbutton\turn out whilst driving the T-72 and M1a2 TUSK tanks. I imagine it's going to be either very easy to do or completely impossible. But if someone could take a look at this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

My 2nd request is slightly more complicated and probably more difficult than my 1st. I use Dr Eyeballs excellent HMD helicopter HUD which he designed for the original ArmA game. It works in most helicopters which do not have a fixed gunsight such as the Ka-52 and AH-1z. Those helicopters which have a fixed gunsight such as the Mi-24 and UH-1Y, I don't have any option in the scroll down menu to select the HUD. Is there anything I can do to get the HUD to work in these helicopters at all? Again any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

I've got a couple of small requests, I'd like to be able to unbutton\turn out whilst driving the T-72 and M1a2 TUSK tanks. I imagine it's going to be either very easy to do or completely impossible. But if someone could take a look at this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

You can. And without addons. If you're the commander of the tank you can turn out anytime you wish. If you a subordinate (eg.: driver) then you have to set the commander's (groups) behaviour to safe.

Put a tank into the editor, select "Player as driver";

write the next into the init line of the tank:

this setbehaviour "safe"

or "careless"

or give it a waypoint and choose "safe"/"careless" option at the "combat mode" toggle

Hm, I do have your pack, didn´t notice the G3s, though. Anyway, checking it now! Thanks, Vilas! :)

if you have Project85 (not Russian weapons pack) addons files:

p85_config, p85_wpn3d, p85_troop - than you have them in use by Bundeswehr

more modern G3 are used by one guerilla or simply in "armory"

all classes are on my topic in TXT file linked there :)

When there will be powerplants strong enough for it, some mapmaker could fill up the unused ~500 square km area around South Zagoria with roads, forests, villages, ectect...

Hi, I read a lot of threads in armaholic and armedassault.info in search of Alien Dropship or Dragon assault ship from movie: Avatar .But I didn't find anything. Only thing was that someone was working on Aliens dropship but didn't finish his work. Shame...

Meaby someone know about project to port one of these great dropships to the game? If yes, please inform me.

Is it possible to make something like this for arma2?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8au-P...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=o0SsFFdTMkI

Screens:

aliens_dropship.jpg

Dragon.jpg

Edited by e0s888

I have two things:

the first is a map of woodbury common in devon.

It's where the Royal Marines train their recruits quite alot and it would be interseting to see it in arma

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll222/sharpeyedmonster/woodburyCommon.jpg

and possibly CTC Lympstone which is just south west of woodbury

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll222/sharpeyedmonster/CTClympstone.jpg

(images too big to display)

My second idea is: would it be possible to make the aimpoint have a zoom and a different texture, i.e. have an aimpoint with 4x zoom but make look like an Acog or a susat?

Hi, I read a lot of threads in armaholic and armedassault.info in search of Alien Dropship or Dragon assault ship from movie: Avatar .But I didn't find anything. Only thing was that someone was working on Aliens dropship but didn't finish his work. Shame...

Meaby someone know about project to port one of these great dropships to the game? If yes, please inform me.

Are you willing to do some work for it? Because there is a freeware model floating around. Here's a link.

(The old one was broken, so I re-uploaded it. :D )

http://www.filefront.com/15365813/dropship%20ud-4l.zip

Basically it looks like this: (In Oxygen, so it's ArmA 2 compatible. :yay: )

Dropship.png

It definitely needs some TLC, there is no cockpit interior for the world model, there aren't animations, I don't think there is a ramp, and you need to make a view model that the person sees from 1st person.

e0s888 - i had this in planes but i have no time now

i only did Aliens APC and Colonial Marines addons

but Dropship was in my plans, maybe in future

Actually I've started editing it, as a means to Learn how Oxygen works. I'm trying to make it more optimized. So far I've gotten it down to about 25,000 points and about the same faces. I've only been at it for a half hour, and have never really use the program before. So more faces and points to get rid of. Also, I've been trying to fix the annoying bits, but I can't figure out how to get rid of faces in an easier manner, right now there are SO MANY useless faces and points, mostly on the inside where they touch other faces/ points.

dose any one know where i can get a 3ds Soldier model from, or despite recent problem with the French arma community be able to lend me a model or show me where to make one from scratch pls thanks in advance!

So addon like this don't exist :(

b00ce If I had known something about creating mods to arma 2, I would started from creating this dropship addonon at first place :))

BTW:

Vilas I was thinking about that someone could eventually link with your great APC with marines addon to this dropship. (Could you release another APC model but in gray paint scheme? Like this what was shown in Game : Aliens vs Predator 2? In movie it was in gray or dark green scheme?)

I am requesting a reskin of 4 Vanilla ArmA 2 HMMWV variants. Unarmed, M2, Ambulance, and Armored - to look like United Nations Vehicles. Also a Reskin of the C-130 in U.N. Livery.

Also United Nations reskins of the BMP2, BMP2 Command, and BMP2 Ambulance if at all possible.

Plus a Reskin of the bus with U.N. Livery as well.

This is not a demand it is simply something that in my mind would go along well with alot of the islands being released.